Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103608 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: The Transfer Committee Thread
      Reply #552: Nov 04, 2015 01:00:33 pm
      Oh, so direct quotes prove it to be true. Do I need to remind you  about the one from Rodgers where he said we'd never sign Balotelli?

And he just so happened seemed to pick the players that were touted as "his" signings much more often than the players that weren't. We can see with Sakho right now, he should have been playing, but because it's widely reported that he wasn't a Rodgers favorite that he was having a hard time getting a chance.

Show me where I said any of that.

I'd love for you to show me where I said any of that.
      No doubt, but that's not what I said is it.

oh goody, another smartarse who thinks chopping up posts into bite size chunks does anything other than look stupid.

I don't give a F**k what's "widely reported", I don't give a F**k what people "believe", I don't give a F**k about journo's stirring the sh*t to get more hits.

I've provided direct quotes, provide counter quotes showing they are untrue, or you have no case, and this is just more of the same bluster, bullshit and conspiracy theories.

Evidence.
      I've provided it, you haven't.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #553: Nov 04, 2015 01:11:22 pm
      More often than not, actions speak louder than words and I couldn't understand why Rodgers chose Lovren over Sahko.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #554: Nov 04, 2015 01:12:46 pm
      oh goody, another smartarse who thinks chopping up posts into bite size chunks does anything other than look stupid.

I don't give a f**k what's "widely reported", I don't give a f**k what people "believe", I don't give a f**k about journo's stirring the sh*t to get more hits.

I've provided direct quotes, provide counter quotes showing they are untrue, or you have no case, and this is just more of the same bluster, bullshit and conspiracy theories.

Evidence.
      I've provided it, you haven't.

It's not surprising that you think that just because someone says something it's true because that's what you think about everything that comes out of your gob. Apparently you are so naive as to think that a group of individuals would never make dishonest statements for the expressed purpose of protecting their own interests. No, that's never happened before has it?

You can take your direct quotes and cram them up arse for all I care. And take your caustic, holier than thou attitude and place it there as well, although as much of a tight arse as you are when someone doesn't agree with you I suppose there's probably no more room up here. Kick rocks tool.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #555: Nov 04, 2015 01:19:55 pm
      It's not surprising that you think that just because someone says something it's true because that's what you think about everything that comes out of your gob. Apparently you are so naive as to think that a group of individuals would never make dishonest statements for the expressed purpose of protecting their own interests. No, that's never happened before has it?

You can take your direct quotes and cram them up arse for all I care. And take your caustic, holier than thou attitude and place it there as well, although as much of a tight arse as you are when someone doesn't agree with you I suppose there's probably no more room up here. Kick rocks tool.

We have a winner!

Our club lies to us.
      Presumably this includes the new manager, as well as the old manager and the CEO.
      Congratulations, you have won the first round of bullshit bingo "liars at the club" edition!

Evidence.
      You don't have any because there is nothing to back up this ridiculous notion, so you now call our manager, ex-manager and board, liars.
      Well done.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,197 posts | 1274 
      Reply #556: Nov 04, 2015 01:58:50 pm
      Until we don't have Sunday League idiots heading this committee, then the threat of scouting and buying some idiot like Balotelli will still be immensely high.

Hire unqualified men who have only experience in relegating Rushden & Diamond and the risks and chances of failure are still massive.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #557: Nov 04, 2015 03:20:50 pm
      So long as we get players that fit what the Manager wants and they are better than those they are replacing, I couldn't care less if we're playing pin a tail on a donkey as a way of deciding which players arrive.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #558: Nov 04, 2015 04:39:56 pm
      So long as we get players that fit what the Manager wants and they are better than those they are replacing, I couldn't care less if we're playing pin a tail on a donkey as a way of deciding which players arrive.

Nail on the head there Debs. The problem has been there since towards the end of Rafa's era that the players coming in too often just haven't been of the quality of the players they were replacing. Alonso to Aquilani to Poulsen being an obvious example of just how bad it can be when things do go wrong.

It is one of the main reasons that I have always advocated hanging on to our best players, even when it may have seemed selling for a huge fee may have been the best or easiest solution.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #559: Nov 04, 2015 05:01:32 pm
      Nail on the head there Debs. The problem has been there since towards the end of Rafa's era that the players coming in too often just haven't been of the quality of the players they were replacing. Alonso to Aquilani to Poulsen being an obvious example of just how bad it can be when things do go wrong.

It is one of the main reasons that I have always advocated hanging on to our best players, even when it may have seemed selling for a huge fee may have been the best or easiest solution.

It didn't help that we could only buy from Clubs who owed us money mate, that was always destined to fail but yes I agree.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #560: Nov 04, 2015 06:22:05 pm
      The problem with recruitment has been there for well over 20 years, and isn't helped by the fact that thanks to Moores and Parry being content to rest on their laurels, we fell so far behind other clubs when it came to maximising commercial revenue that we have only now started to catch up.

Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,197 posts | 1274 
      Reply #561: Dec 20, 2015 04:02:04 pm
      Brendan's gone so we just have to forget about the car crash performances of his own signings but the rest - I.e. The committee signings?

Well I think today proves conclusively that if we hire a bunch of no-mark Sunday League scouts from Rushden & Diamond, Blackburn and Reading, then it is fair to say that they don't have the ability to spot a world class player.

Who knew eh?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,197 posts | 1274 
      Reply #562: Dec 20, 2015 04:02:46 pm
      Biggest problem yet - they're still in place at the club, ready to yield their malign influence every January and summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #563: Dec 20, 2015 04:44:20 pm
      here is a novel thought why not ask Jürgen who he would like to sign
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #564: Dec 20, 2015 04:45:12 pm

I'm sure that's happened.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,197 posts | 1274 
      Reply #565: Dec 20, 2015 05:03:55 pm

Klopp has never been one to dictate the signings, though he has ones in mind and it is up to him to make the final say. I think the solution would be to bring in top level scouts like he had at Dortmund, not these low league charlatans we have in place at the moment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #566: Dec 20, 2015 05:09:18 pm
      Klopp has never been one to dictate the signings, though he has ones in mind and it is up to him to make the final say. I think the solution would be to bring in top level scouts like he had at Dortmund, not these low league charlatans we have in place at the moment.

I thought our scouts came from Man City?
      Redangel

• 8,332 posts | 1008 
      Reply #567: Dec 20, 2015 08:09:17 pm

Trojan horse!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #568: Dec 20, 2015 08:11:00 pm

Thought they left us for City?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,197 posts | 1274 
      Reply #569: Jan 02, 2016 03:19:20 pm
      We hire sh*te scouts, we buy sh*te players. Edwards, Fallows, Hunter - F**k off. Rodgers has left - that's one of the transfer issues gone, but these low league wankers are still in charge at the club.

Yep, well done LFC - the next world class players are going to be found from some Neanderthal bloke who got Rushden & Diamond relegated from League 1. Well f**king done.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #570: Jan 03, 2016 12:24:33 am
      Seems like the problems really started after Rodgers successful season and he got more of a say in which players to bring in, which was obviously a disaster as he must have the worst eye for even a mid table premiership player never mind wanting to compete for Top 4.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #571: Jan 03, 2016 01:26:01 am
      Seems like the problems really started after Rodgers successful season and he got more of a say in which players to bring in, which was obviously a disaster as he must have the worst eye for even a mid table premiership player never mind wanting to compete for Top 4.

How do you know he got more of a say?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #572: Jan 03, 2016 01:30:29 am
      How do you know he got more of a say?

I think there were some quotes from the club, possible Ayre, at the time FL.

I may be wrong but I also thought that it was common knowledge Brendan got a bit more of his 'own way' after 13/14.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #573: Jan 03, 2016 11:00:56 am
      we have attracted players to this club for many many years who get here and think "I have made it" and we never see the best from them.
      Maybe its a reflection of the modern footballer rather than a reflection of how bad we are at spotting a player. We buy players who are at their peak at "lesser" clubs and when they join a club with so called better players they don't look that good.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #574: Jan 03, 2016 11:05:00 am
      I think there were some quotes from the club, possible Ayre, at the time FL.

I may be wrong but I also thought that it was common knowledge Brendan got a bit more of his 'own way' after 13/14.

I think you're right that's he had more of a say, but even the players that he didn't buy aren't covering themselves in glory. We're having no luck when it comes to our big money signings, and our potential aren't yet living up to their potential.

Quick Reply