Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103794 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: The Transfer Committee Thread
      Reply #345: Oct 08, 2015 07:01:34 pm
      I didn't realise you were gone so long, doesn't time fly when your having fun.

Anyway not having my day spoiled by some idiot ...

I wasn't "gone" anywhere.
      I was reading the pure unadulterated sh*te posted by people determined to dream up conspiracy theories, and the F***ing dross posted about our manager at the time.
      Particularly sickening were the posts where people invoked the name of Shankly as if that somehow gave credence to the insults they were throwing out, when the reality is that he would probably have given the cu*ts a right hander.

So if you don't want your day "spoiled by some idiot" quit F***ing typing and go back to hiding in the bushes.
      Suits you better.

Next time you want to be a F***ing snide and attach my name to posts without directly addressing me, have the balls to front up instead.
      You'll get a bit of respect that way at least.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #346: Oct 08, 2015 07:03:06 pm
      I was reading the pure unadulterated sh*te posted by people determined to dream up conspiracy theories, and the f**king dross posted about our manager at the time.
      Particularly sickening were the posts where people invoked the name of Shankly as if that somehow gave credence to the insults they were throwing out, when the reality is that he would probably have given the cu*ts a right hander.

So if you don't want your day "spoiled by some idiot" quit f**king typing and go back to hiding in the bushes.
      Suits you better.

Next time you want to be a f**king snide and attach my name to posts without directly addressing me, have the balls to front up instead.

oh good mr shouty man back to bring a little ray of sunshine to us all.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #347: Oct 08, 2015 07:03:24 pm
      I didn't realise you were gone so long, doesn't time fly when your having fun.

Anyway not having my day spoiled by some idiot ...

I was reading the pure unadulterated sh*te posted by people determined to dream up conspiracy theories, and the F***ing dross posted about our manager at the time.

So if you don't want your day "spoiled by some idiot" quit F***ing typing and go back to hiding in the bushes.
      Suits you better.

Next time you want to be a F***ing snide and attach my name to posts without directly addressing me, have the balls to front up instead.

Chill. Both of you.

Let's not have a good few days ruined here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #348: Oct 08, 2015 07:04:25 pm
      Chill. Both of you.

Let's not have a good few days ruined here.

common denominator Shouty man everyone is a c**t other than him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #349: Oct 08, 2015 07:04:39 pm
      Relax boys it's all going to be cool from now on.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #350: Oct 08, 2015 07:05:48 pm
      common denominator Shouty man everyone is a c**t other than him

I know mate, but I'm willing to warn for biting as well as instigating. There's just no need to fuel any fires.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #351: Oct 08, 2015 07:07:37 pm
      I know mate, but I'm willing to warn for biting as well as instigating. There's just no need to fuel any fires.

no one is going to spoil this for me its been such a great day with all posters some of whom have been at odds with each other rejocing in a really great move by FSG yes I said FSG did well
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #352: Oct 08, 2015 07:10:31 pm
      Well, I don't remember calling those willing to give BR some time a bunch of cu*ts.

I also didn't get personal about the fella, and disappear when we won a few games then come back gloating after a loss.
      And that's before I even mention that the one calling people cu*ts for not agreeing with him posted up an Express article that had been recycled from the F***ing s*n as was clearly marked at the top of the page.

So before people get up on their high horses, they might want to review their own posting history.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #353: Oct 08, 2015 07:13:24 pm
      Relax boys it's all going to be cool from now on.

It's going to be very entertaining, that's for sure.

From what I've seen and read, old Jürgen is a proper loon.
      Which I like by the way.

Too many plastics and too few characters in football these days, and in some ways BR was guilty of that. A bit of a PR man, which is probably why even those who supported him never fully warmed to him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #354: Oct 08, 2015 07:15:41 pm
      Anyone know where the Press Conference will be tomorrow is it at Anfield or Melwood? ~i do wish they would open the Kop it would be full in no time.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Oct 08, 2015 07:17:36 pm
      Well, I don't remember calling those willing to give BR some time a bunch of cu*ts.

I also didn't get personal about the fella, and disappear when we won a few games then come back gloating after a loss.
      And that's before I even mention that the one calling people cu*ts for not agreeing with him posted up an Express article that had been recycled from the f**king s*n as was clearly marked at the top of the page.

So before people get up on their high horses, they might want to review their own posting history.

Get over yourself for F**k sake.

George apologised profusely, people are allowed to make mistakes.

As for the rest, trying to drag the mood down on a day like this says more about you than it does anyone you're throwing mud at.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #356: Oct 08, 2015 07:19:28 pm
      Bit of a paraphrase but the gist of what I heard him say before was that you win football matches with the head and the heart sounds good to me
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #357: Oct 08, 2015 07:21:47 pm
      Bit of a paraphrase but the gist of what I heard him say before was that you win football matches with the head and the heart sounds good to me

Might sound a strange one but one of my favourites of his is when he said that if we lose, as long as we played our way then that's ok. That kind of mentality breeds confidence in the players to express themselves and removes a bit of the fear of failure that I think is quite prevalent in our first XI.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #358: Oct 08, 2015 07:24:35 pm
      Get over yourself for F**k sake.

George apologised profusely, people are allowed to make mistakes.

As for the rest, trying to drag the mood down on a day like this says more about you than it does anyone you're throwing mud at.

It wasn't George.

And FYI, when some snide c**t uses my name without addressing me, just so he can act the F***ing wum, I reserve the right to reply and say exactly what I think.

I know you're still butthurt because your stupid F***ing theories about stats got trampled all over, but don't take it out on me fella.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #359: Oct 08, 2015 07:28:33 pm
      Might sound a strange one but one of my favourites of his is when he said that if we lose, as long as we played our way then that's ok. That kind of mentality breeds confidence in the players to express themselves and removes a bit of the fear of failure that I think is quite prevalent in our first XI.

Same here as long as we give it everything then you can ask no more. I just want to be proud of the lads again
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #360: Oct 08, 2015 07:28:56 pm
      I know you're still butthurt because your stupid f**king theories about stats got trampled all over, but don't take it out on me fella.

Wrong Swab and the fact you think like that is extremely immature for a man of your years.

On the subject of stats you're completely wrong also, the fact you can't comprehend the difference in what we do and what 'all major clubs do around the world' is again a reflection of your arrogance and in ability to see a different point of view than your own.

The reason I said the above is because of the above, it's pathetic.

If anyone is a wum in this thread it's you fella.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #361: Oct 08, 2015 07:31:42 pm
      On the subject of stats you're completely wrong also, the fact you can't comprehend the difference in what we do and what 'all major clubs do around the world'

What exactly do you think is the difference Luke?

And I suppose I'm arrogant as well if I agree with Swab. :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #362: Oct 08, 2015 07:33:59 pm
      That's not what I ment Si. I mean the whole setup was a farce, the you pick a player, then I pick a player thing was a recipe for failure from the start.
      There is absolutely no point in buying a player the manager doesn't want, cus as Brendan proved, he simply wont play them then out of stubbornness.

Brendan takes most of the blame for (A) going along with the system as it was, and (B) Not giving those players a chance!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #363: Oct 08, 2015 07:36:09 pm
      That's not what I ment Si. I mean the whole setup was a farce, the you pick a player, then I pick a player thing was a recipe for failure from the start.
      There is absolutely no point in buying a player the manager doesn't want, cus as Brendan proved, he simply wont play them then out of stubbornness.

Brendan takes most of the blame for (A) going along with the system as it was, and (B) Not giving those players a chance!

the one signing that stands out above all else is Balotelli how did that one get through. I kind of think they thought "hey we sorted out Luis and made him world class we can do the same with Mario"
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #364: Oct 08, 2015 07:37:00 pm
      Wrong Swab and the fact you think like that is extremely immature for a man of your years.

On the subject of stats you're completely wrong also, the fact you can't comprehend the difference in what we do and what 'all major clubs do around the world' is again a reflection of your arrogance and in ability to see a different point of view than your own.

The reason I said the above is because of the above, it's pathetic.

If anyone is a wum in this thread it's you fella.

Behave yourself.

There's fuckall difference between what we do and what other clubs do.

Now if you want to talk sensibly about the analysts role and how effective he's been (along with his team), go right ahead, but if you continue to post made up lists about what you "believe" I'll have to pass, because making a list of the players you "believe" are "committee" buys in order to try and be "right" is what I call immature.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #365: Oct 08, 2015 07:47:17 pm

A fair assessment mate but from my point of view I think there is more 'blame' on the managers part as the 'committee' even seemes to back down and he almost had free reign last summer and the one just gone.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #366: Oct 08, 2015 08:11:36 pm
      What exactly do you think is the difference Luke?

And I suppose I'm arrogant as well if I agree with Swab. :f_tongueincheek:  ;D

I've explained it as basically as I can Si. If you don't get the difference now, or refuse to, you probably never will, but ask yourself why you'd want a DoF (something you've always wanted) instead of what we have, when that's exactly what Dortmund have and not what we have. You maintain they're the same yet you're shown reasons why they're different and still keep saying they're the same, it's unbelievable to be honest.

Which is better, Dortmund's approach or ours? If you can answer definitively that one is better than the other, how can they be the same?

Ask yourself why we bought two players for the same position and still managed to choose the wrong player out of the two to start games.

We have no direction with our choices, the disconnect is as obvious as it could be, one time the committee chooses (this is where the over reliance on statistics debate comes in and our over reliance on them without a DoF to guide the decision therefore making appropriate use of the statistics rather than using them as the driving force behind the decision as demonstrated previously) the next it's Brendan, honestly a broken system on conception.

Behave yourself.

There's fuckall difference between what we do and what other clubs do.

Now if you want to talk sensibly about the analysts role and how effective he's been (along with his team), go right ahead, but if you continue to post made up lists about what you "believe" I'll have to pass, because making a list of the players you "believe" are "committee" buys in order to try and be "right" is what I call immature.

A belief backed up by facts and numerous reports, it's almost universally accepted that those players were committee signings, the fact that you don't choose to believe it has no bearing on the truth and the fact you'll pass is because you want to maintain your arrogant ignorance of the truth.

This debate has lost all interest to me now because all I hear from the opposing side is "it's the same, it's the same" without any reasoning whatsoever to support their view despite it being torn to shreds and basically being admitted by themselves that they'd actually prefer what the others have, it'd be comical if it wasn't tragic.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,578 posts | 735 
      Reply #367: Oct 08, 2015 08:15:13 pm
      How is this so-called transfer committee different than a director of football?

On the continent most managers work with a DOF. Klopp didnt make any signings for dortmund he had a DOF. It seems like only in England there is Hysteria about a DOF at a premier league club.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/10021812/freund-liverpool-have-germanys-best-coach

"In germany they normally work with a sports director"

That being said.
      Do we really want him signing his own players if he's never done it before?

Maybe we should hire Dortmund DOF too?

Quick Reply