Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

One perfect night in Istanbul

Read 7868 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: One perfect night in Istanbul
      Reply #47: May 26, 2015 09:35:00 pm
      I remember being pissed off in the first half because Garcia should have had a penalty when Nesta handled in on the ground, but instead they went down the other end and scored their second.

I vividly remember being very, very angry at that as well. By the way, I thought at the time Luis Garcia was one of the few players that showed up for the 1st half. He was trying his very best and that probably should have seen us win a penalty.

Garcia was never a consistent player for us and seeing his career as a whole he was never even close to being on a world class level, but man, he really loved the big games. That goal against Juve still makes me emotional!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #48: May 27, 2015 09:02:11 pm
      I vividly remember being very, very angry at that as well. By the way, I thought at the time Luis Garcia was one of the few players that showed up for the 1st half. He was trying his very best and that probably should have seen us win a penalty.

Garcia was never a consistent player for us and seeing his career as a whole he was never even close to being on a world class level, but man, he really loved the big games. That goal against Juve still makes me emotional!

so if we had got the penalty they wouldnt of scored and when Gatuso brought down Gerrard he should have been sent of there was no need for all that drama
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #49: May 27, 2015 09:21:13 pm
      That's what a top class manager can do for a team , get the best out of a player when it counted the most .

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #50: May 27, 2015 09:23:20 pm
      so if we had got the penalty they wouldnt of scored and when Gatuso brought down Gerrard he should have been sent of there was no need for all that drama
      I'm glad we got that drama , it's what makes us remember .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #51: May 27, 2015 09:35:18 pm
      was listening to City Talk and the fans recalingl the night in the Attaturk Stadium. Still brings a huge lump to the throat and a tear to the eye it just meant so much to so many people.
      Whatever happens we will always have Istanbul.

Quick Reply