Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      2 (2.6%)
      Can
      3 (3.9%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.6%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.6%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      49 (64.5%)
      Lallana
      3 (3.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      13 (17.1%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.3%)
      Toure
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem

Read 75319 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem
      Reply #644: May 26, 2015 07:28:22 am
      How does the prospect of FSG sorting next season out grab you Billy?

It doesn't stuey, the whole lot needs sorting out starting in Boston, but I fear it will be carry on as usual.

The Yes Man is  finally exposed in his compliance to FSG's unworkable business model.

" I'll go if they want me to " .

What an actor. 
      Still performing.

We were only missing a tear in his eye.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #645: May 26, 2015 07:35:01 am
      "its easy to set up a team to defend." - Brendan Rodgers

50 goals against last season.

48 against this season.

P.S.   Except for one of our own ......... the last Liverpool managers were hired from the exalted heights  of Fulham and Swansea.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #646: May 26, 2015 07:48:55 am
      Try reading between the lines the "Our Number on priority:-. Stay in the Premiere League" Means although the invest is the ultimate goal It should be done even if we are finishing mid table for a season or three, but we should only bring in players that can keep us out of a relegation battle, mid table is ok until we have the funds to compete at the top again 

You are off the map lad.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #647: May 26, 2015 07:53:00 am
      Just watched the highlights. We were awful, didn't look like any of us showed up to play.

It only further adds to the whole "Brendan has lost the dressing room" talk. None of the Stoke moves were a tactical mystery and where quite basic if you ask me. We just didn't look like we cared.

Confused, dumbfounded, bewildered. The list of adjectives could go on.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #648: May 26, 2015 09:06:18 am
      Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Shocking !    Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   Disgrace !!!!!   
      kassahun biset
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #649: May 26, 2015 09:22:10 am
      this game was show something for LFC
      1.this is the end of the year that means all Liverpool player they were tired to play for liver pool any more
      2.they were not passion  to play football this means they heat to play
      3.the manager need to change
      4.we were this the game as lower not Liverpool
      5.this game tell for Liverpool to change all the player for the next season
      in over all it was bad  game which shows liverpool need change all over 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #650: May 26, 2015 11:41:51 am
      The Yes Man is  finally exposed in his compliance to FSG's unworkable business model.

" I'll go if they want me to " .

What an actor. 
      Still performing.

We were only missing a tear in his eye.

It was a weird line that one.

FSG: Brendan we think you've taken us as far as you can and we'd like you to leave.

Brendan: No thanks lads I'd rather stick around if thats alright.

FSG: No problem mate. As you were.

As if.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #651: May 26, 2015 11:59:15 am
      No lad

We will always be a big club.. The moment people accept we aren't will be a sad day.
      My point is I believe that "Big Clubs" are in involved regularly in Chasing titles,CL, or Europa League going at least to the last 16/8 on a regular basis, same in domestic competitions. "Big Clubs" attract "Big Signings" on a regular basis something that we have failed regularly in doing, Yes there as been one or two but nothing in comparison to Man Utd/City, Chelsea and most recently Arsenal, albeit the later has always attracted more young players than us(LFC) ....Would you say that Leeds are a "Big Club" Look at their past record http://www.leedsunited.com/honours I believe that "Big Clubs" should not only refer to past glories but what they are achiving now, or it starts to sound like "We won the world Cup in 1966"
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #652: May 26, 2015 12:05:54 pm
      No lad

We will always be a big club.. The moment people accept we aren't will be a sad day.

I agree PD but unfortunately our current manager does not see us as a big club given he believes a 6th place league finish is "on par" with where the club is now. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #653: May 26, 2015 12:06:32 pm
      My point is I believe that "Big Clubs" are in involved regularly in Chasing titles,CL, or Europa League going at least to the last 16/8 on a regular basis, same in domestic competitions. "Big Clubs" attract "Big Signings" on a regular basis something that we have failed regularly in doing, Yes there as been one or two but nothing in comparison to Man Utd/City, Chelsea and most recently Arsenal, albeit the later has always attracted more young players than us(LFC) ....Would you say that Leeds are a "Big Club" Look at their past record http://www.leedsunited.com/honours I believe that "Big Clubs" should not only refer to past glories but what they are achiving now, or it starts to sound like "We won the world Cup in 1966"

Yes Leeds are a big club

A big club ran poorly

We are a massive club and the moment that mentality slips then we don't become one

If you want to think like a small club then good luck to you.. But that ain't me or any other red I know

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #654: May 26, 2015 12:08:06 pm

:lmao:  Absolutely Brilliant, never heard that one before :lmao: Nice one sun shine ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #655: May 26, 2015 12:15:39 pm
      Yes Leeds are a big club

A big club ran poorly

We are a massive club and the moment that mentality slips then we don't become one

If you want to think like a small club then good luck to you.. But that ain't me or any other red I know

Great point, now I understand were you're coming from, I will think on that. Thanks
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #656: May 26, 2015 12:16:43 pm
      Yes Leeds are a big club

A big club ran poorly

Agree Jon.

A bigger problem then some fans not believing we are a big club and accepting the status quo is those within the club thinking likewise.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #657: May 26, 2015 03:27:57 pm
      Yes Leeds are a big club

A big club ran poorly

Gave this so though and as compelling as you argument is I still believe it is wrong, well flawed. I stand by my assertion that you can only be a “Big Club” if you continue to challenge for top honours on a regular basis…

Now no one could argue that LFC are one of the most “Decorated” Clubs In football history, But that is a far cry from being a “Big Club”…

Sorry but on this occasion I remain unconvinced
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #658: May 26, 2015 03:31:21 pm
      Gave this so though and as compelling as you argument is I still believe it is wrong, well flawed. I stand by my assertion that you can only be a “Big Club” if you continue to challenge for top honours on a regular basis…

Now no one could argue that LFC are one of the most “Decorated” Clubs In football history, But that is a far cry from being a “Big Club”…

Pop away and give it some more thought

And if you still come back and consider us not a big club go away and think some more again
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #659: May 26, 2015 03:32:33 pm

Semi finals dont count then even i know Brendan got to two semi finals.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #660: May 26, 2015 03:33:28 pm

No need to apologise wum nobody gives a shiny sh*t about your opinion of LFC.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #661: May 26, 2015 03:34:05 pm
      Agree Jon.

A bigger problem then some fans not believing we are a big club and accepting the status quo is those within the club thinking likewise.

Not conceding the "Big Club" point, I would just like to ask you two questions....

Do you think that LFC has been acting like they are a "Big Club"?....
      And why do you think that many players out there no longer view us as club to come to?... 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #662: May 26, 2015 03:37:28 pm

If you are talking about big clubs in the context of the big 4 clubs in the PL over the last 5 years then no we are not a "Big Club".

But if you are talking about real clubs rich in history and achievements over the life span of professional football then we are a very Big Club.

Just because Chelsea and City became instantly rich over the last decade don't be fooled into thinking they are bigger clubs than Liverpool FC. That will take them another hundred years of oil money and corruption.

Bier
      Reply #663: May 26, 2015 03:38:19 pm
      Big is referring to size. In that respect Liverpool is a big club, a massive club even. When it comes to finances, support and history we are among Europe's biggest clubs still today. What we sadly aren't anymore currently is a European top club, for that you need to be challenging for the league and CL, we don't belong to that handful of elite clubs at the moment.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #664: May 26, 2015 03:39:24 pm

I have never heard a Liverpool supporter (so called) who doesnt think we are still a World famous Icon of football.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #665: May 26, 2015 03:40:08 pm
      Do you think that LFC has been acting like they are a "Big Club"?....

No.

And why do you think that many players out there no longer view us as club to come to?... 

Because we won't pay them and don't act like we have the ambition of a big club.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #666: May 26, 2015 03:41:23 pm
      Good afternoon stuey. Hung over i'll take It  :drinking:

Quick Reply