Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      2 (2.6%)
      Can
      3 (3.9%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.6%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.6%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      49 (64.5%)
      Lallana
      3 (3.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      13 (17.1%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.3%)
      Toure
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem

Read 75304 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem
      Reply #667: May 26, 2015 03:44:43 pm
      If you are talking about big clubs in the context of the big 4 clubs in the PL over the last 5 years then no we are not a "Big Club".

But if you are talking about real clubs rich in history and achievements over the life span of professional football then we are a very Big Club.

Just because Chelsea and City became instantly rich over the last decade don't be fooled into thinking they are bigger clubs than Liverpool FC. That will take them another hundred years of oil money and corruption.

Valid points
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #668: May 26, 2015 03:47:02 pm
      What we sadly aren't anymore currently is a European top club, for that you need to be challenging for the league and CL, we don't belong to that handful of elite clubs at the moment.
      My point exactly... Thanks Bier
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #669: May 26, 2015 03:54:43 pm
      Good afternoon stuey. Hung over i'll take It  :drinking:

Take what you like, you're still full of sh*t.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #670: May 26, 2015 03:55:36 pm
      I have never heard a Liverpool supporter (so called) who doesnt think we are still a World famous Icon of football.
      We are Iconic, that's not the point here. The point is why do players not view us as a good club to come to anymore?, I believe it is that they do not view us as a "Big Club" any longer and part of that is not winning the League in some 26 years Yes we have come second under Houllier,Rafa, and Rodgers but that is as close as we have got in 26 years, we can not even grantee CL football
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #671: May 26, 2015 03:57:29 pm
      No.

Because we won't pay them and don't act like we have the ambition of a big club.

Thank you... "and don't act like we have the ambition of a big club."
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #672: May 26, 2015 03:58:28 pm
      Take what you like, you're still full of sh*t.
      :-*
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #673: May 26, 2015 03:59:26 pm
      We are Iconic, that's not the point here. The point is why do players not view us as a good club to come to anymore?, I believe it is that they do not view us as a "Big Club" any longer and part of that is not winning the League in some 26 years Yes we have come second under Houllier,Rafa, and Rodgers but that is as close as we have got in 26 years, we can not even grantee CL football

maybe its not the club but the owners or manager who they think lack ambition.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #674: May 26, 2015 04:07:32 pm

So because we have had cretinous owners over the last few years means we aren't a big club anymore?

Owners ambitions and finances aren't the benchmark for me to know if we are a 'big club'

If we accept the 'we aren't a big club anymore' then it will become a reality

I'd rather keep the pressure of expectation on the owners than make it easy for them to run us down more

People are believing we can't compete anymore and I'm not having that

We maybe can't afford as many 150k players as Chelsea etc but we can afford some and we need to believe we are still the famous Liverpool Football Club if we are to convince those level of players to buy into it

I'll never accept mediocrity even if some others will..
      Bier
      Reply #675: May 26, 2015 04:09:54 pm

Unfortunately mate, the owners and manager are part of the club just like the supporters are, whether we like it or not.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #676: May 26, 2015 04:10:26 pm
      What is noticeable is the increased user count since the 6-1 defeat, cannot imagine true LFC supporters are not still hurting/fuming with embarrassment and looking in less frequently.
      Beside the resident gobshites it is open day for miscreants like the one here eager to tell us what a small club we are and haven't increased our tally of 5(five) CL trophies.
      It is ten years since the last glorious night in Istanbul but I wonder how many CL trophies his own sh*t of a team has to their credit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #677: May 26, 2015 04:11:10 pm

What point are you trying to make though?

Just because the owners don't act like we are a big club doesn't mean that throughout the world we are still considered a huge club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #678: May 26, 2015 04:12:52 pm
      Unfortunately mate, the owners and manager are part of the club just like the supporters are, whether we like it or not.

not true though is it because the owners and the managers will change the supporters will not
      Bier
      Reply #679: May 26, 2015 04:16:21 pm
      not true though is it because the owners and the managers will change the supporters will not

Yeah, that's not how I see it. The club isn't some stagnant thing. The club is what it is right now this moment in time with everybody involved. It's not the same club as it was 20 years ago, and it won't be the same club 20 years from now. That's not so much to do with supporters as it is with all the other people involved with the club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #680: May 26, 2015 04:24:00 pm
      We stopped "acting" like a big Club when FSG took over. 

They don't want us to be a big Club because that means big Club expectations when it comes to the players we target and the Manager we have, so they embarked on a PR campaign to convince everyone that it's pointless even trying.

We stopped targeting winners, replacing them with young potential and has beens.  We sacked a winning Manager, replacing him with a novice.  We stopped buying winning players as they cost too much in fees and wages.  We hid behind FFP so that the fans would stop demanding the caliber of players needed to start winning again.

"Winning" makes a Club a Big Club but FSG have managed to remove every little bit of "winning" from the Club since they arrived apart from those fans who refuse to be "BEATEN".

F***ing plants seeping out through the F***ing screens onto internet forums to gage the fans mood, well here's this fans mood FSG

GIVE US OUR F***ing CLUB BACK, SOME OF US STILL WANT TO BE A BIG CLUB AND THAT MEANS WE WANT TO WIN!!!!!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #681: May 26, 2015 04:28:36 pm
      Yeah, that's not how I see it. The club isn't some stagnant thing. The club is what it is right now this moment in time with everybody involved. It's not the same club as it was 20 years ago, and it won't be the same club 20 years from now. That's not so much to do with supporters as it is with all the other people involved with the club.

well watch what happens if you start seeing empty seats at Anfield ,supporters have the ultimate power the ultimate say sadly they choose not to use it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #682: May 26, 2015 07:02:32 pm

They don't want us to be a big Club because that means big Club expectations when it comes to the players we target and the Manager we have, so they embarked on a PR campaign to convince everyone that it's pointless even trying.

We stopped targeting winners, replacing them with young potential and has beens.  We sacked a winning Manager, replacing him with a novice.  We stopped buying winning players as they cost too much in fees and wages.  We hid behind FFP so that the fans would stop demanding the caliber of players needed to start winning again.

"Winning" makes a Club a Big Club but FSG have managed to remove every little bit of "winning" from the Club since they arrived apart from those fans who refuse to be "BEATEN".

F***ing plants seeping out through the f**king screens onto internet forums to gage the fans mood, well here's this fans mood FSG

GIVE US OUR F***ing CLUB BACK, SOME OF US STILL WANT TO BE A BIG CLUB AND THAT MEANS WE WANT TO WIN!!!!!!

Thats ma girl.

We go again Debs.

Worst result since Spurs in 1963 .

Scuse the pun but that has to be the END game.

Like I said.

If it isnt ....  for BR ........      then the conspiracy to defraud us all by FSG is outed.
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #683: May 26, 2015 07:50:15 pm
      Sixth best club in PL this season, while that is true, it is also STILL true that LFC is one of the most famous clubs in the world. And one of the best supported.

If that is still to be the case in 10 years time, then there will HAVE to be an improvement in results, particularly in Europe, otherwise LFC will gradually drop off the radar,  and new clubs will take their place.

Not intended to be a dig at anyone, but deep down I believe most would agree.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #684: May 26, 2015 08:20:41 pm

F***ing plants seeping out through the f**king screens onto internet forums to gage the fans mood, well here's this fans mood FSG

Exactly. +1
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #685: May 26, 2015 08:21:50 pm
      well watch what happens if you start seeing empty seats at Anfield ,supporters have the ultimate power the ultimate say sadly they choose not to use it.

The fans are forced and driven to that direction.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #686: May 26, 2015 08:23:21 pm

A very fair and valid Point. If that's the case then I can't see any us getting many Quality player turn up on our door step for quite sometime
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #687: May 26, 2015 08:29:31 pm
      So because we have had cretinous owners over the last few years means we aren't a big club anymore?

Owners ambitions and finances aren't the benchmark for me to know if we are a 'big club'

If we accept the 'we aren't a big club anymore' then it will become a reality

I'd rather keep the pressure of expectation on the owners than make it easy for them to run us down more

People are believing we can't compete anymore and I'm not having that

We maybe can't afford as many 150k players as Chelsea etc but we can afford some and we need to believe we are still the famous Liverpool Football Club if we are to convince those level of players to buy into it

I'll never accept mediocrity even if some others will..
      Yet again another post that has forced me to reevaluating what I am thinking....Nice one :gt-happyup:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #688: May 26, 2015 08:35:59 pm
      What point are you trying to make though?

Just because the owners don't act like we are a big club doesn't mean that throughout the world we are still considered a huge club.
      My point is it seem as if many players do not consider us in that way anymore
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #689: May 26, 2015 08:39:53 pm
      What is noticeable is the increased user count since the 6-1 defeat, cannot imagine true LFC supporters are not still hurting/fuming with embarrassment and looking in less frequently.
      Beside the resident gobshites it is open day for miscreants like the one here eager to tell us what a small club we are and haven't increased our tally of 5(five) CL trophies.
      It is ten years since the last glorious night in Istanbul but I wonder how many CL trophies his own sh*t of a team has to their credit.
      Insult never win me over they tend to make me believe that I am right... Valid points, and cogent agruement does it for me

Quick Reply