Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      2 (2.6%)
      Can
      3 (3.9%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.6%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.6%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      49 (64.5%)
      Lallana
      3 (3.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      13 (17.1%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.3%)
      Toure
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem

Read 75347 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem
      Reply #690: May 26, 2015 08:43:20 pm
      We stopped "acting" like a big Club when FSG took over. 

They don't want us to be a big Club because that means big Club expectations when it comes to the players we target and the Manager we have, so they embarked on a PR campaign to convince everyone that it's pointless even trying.

We stopped targeting winners, replacing them with young potential and has beens.  We sacked a winning Manager, replacing him with a novice.  We stopped buying winning players as they cost too much in fees and wages.  We hid behind FFP so that the fans would stop demanding the caliber of players needed to start winning again.

"Winning" makes a Club a Big Club but FSG have managed to remove every little bit of "winning" from the Club since they arrived apart from those fans who refuse to be "BEATEN".

F***ing plants seeping out through the f**king screens onto internet forums to gage the fans mood, well here's this fans mood FSG

GIVE US OUR F***ing CLUB BACK, SOME OF US STILL WANT TO BE A BIG CLUB AND THAT MEANS WE WANT TO WIN!!!!!!

WOW!.... Massive post there, excellent points made
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #691: May 26, 2015 09:35:18 pm
      We stopped "acting" like a big Club when FSG took over. 

They don't want us to be a big Club because that means big Club expectations when it comes to the players we target and the Manager we have, so they embarked on a PR campaign to convince everyone that it's pointless even trying.

We stopped targeting winners, replacing them with young potential and has beens.  We sacked a winning Manager, replacing him with a novice.  We stopped buying winning players as they cost too much in fees and wages.  We hid behind FFP so that the fans would stop demanding the caliber of players needed to start winning again.

"Winning" makes a Club a Big Club but FSG have managed to remove every little bit of "winning" from the Club since they arrived apart from those fans who refuse to be "BEATEN".

F***ing plants seeping out through the f**king screens onto internet forums to gage the fans mood, well here's this fans mood FSG

GIVE US OUR F***ing CLUB BACK, SOME OF US STILL WANT TO BE A BIG CLUB AND THAT MEANS WE WANT TO WIN!!!!!!

I want to vote for this again.
      We need players who have character and that character has to be a WINNING CHARACTER even if its only a ping pong match at Melwood they should want to win.
      I see very little of that in this team I see only spineless charlatans at board level and as for those theiving Bostonians dont even get me started.
      Hicks and Gillette tried to Rob us but they had the decency to laugh whilst they tried it this shower just look at us with utter contempt.
      We know why you are here JH and I would rather see us in the Championship for a couple of season than see you walk of with a huge profit when you sell us
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #692: May 26, 2015 10:19:26 pm
      My point is it seem as if many players do not consider us in that way anymore

Only because we don't pay wages like a big club do.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #693: May 26, 2015 10:30:55 pm
      My point is it seem as if many players do not consider us in that way anymore

The lack of wages is a killer.

We also haven't won nearly enough trophies like big clubs should. Since 1990, we've won 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup. Just 9 trophies in 25 years.

Think about this: Any footballer that is 25 years old has never seen Liverpool win the league. That's madness!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #694: May 26, 2015 10:33:07 pm

these  players are just prostitues these days show them the money and they will come.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #695: May 26, 2015 10:47:34 pm
      I will admit I believe many of players between 18-24 may well be about money, but there are a few out there where money means less than titles, and even fewer that it is about playing for the club you love and there is I believe a very rare fewer like I Diego Maradona (Napoli) who thrive on nothing they are the difference maker. I believe that LFC are attracting too many of the first two and not enough/None of the last two or the third type (Rick Lambert) are simple not good enough 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #696: May 26, 2015 10:49:16 pm
      I will admit I believe many of players between 18-24 may well be about money, but there are a few out there where money means less than titles, and even fewer that it is about playing for the club you love and there is I believe a very rare fewer like I Diego Maradona (Napoli) who thrive on nothing they are the difference maker. I believe that LFC are attracting too many of the first two and not enough/None of the last two or the third type (Rick Lambert) are simple not good enough 

Genuinely not sure what you're on about mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #697: May 26, 2015 10:53:35 pm
      The lack of wages is a killer.

We also haven't won nearly enough trophies like big clubs should. Since 1990, we've won 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup. Just 9 trophies in 25 years.

Think about this: Any footballer that is 25 years old has never seen Liverpool win the league. That's madness!
      Spot on 'squito... Every time someone makes me think that my assessment is wrong someone else posts a simple little gem like this
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #698: May 26, 2015 11:14:26 pm
      Genuinely not sure what you're on about mate.

I was referring to the point that you raised "Only because we don't pay wages like a big club do."
      I have to re read my, to see if I have done that think I do, wher i hold half the conversation in my head and think everybody's privy to it  :f_doh:

Sorry some misspellings in the first try,( have to start proof reading) I Have tried to clarify it so here goes

(1)I will admit I believe many of players between 18-24 may well be about money, (2) but there are a few older player 26-30 out there where money means less than winning titles, (3) and even fewer that feel it is about playing for the club you love that counts and (4) I believe a very rare fewer like a Diego Maradona (Napoli) who thrive on knowing they are the difference maker. I believe that LFC are attracting too many of the (1)'s & (2)'s and not enough/None of the (3)'s & (4)'s or the third type ( a Rick Lambert) are simple not good enough

Or were you being sarcastic and I missed It??? 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #699: May 26, 2015 11:23:35 pm
      Not that I wish to see Brendan Rodgers go, just want to put this out there, Could we see Carlo Ancelotti become LFC manager this summer?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #700: May 26, 2015 11:25:27 pm
      Not that I wish to see Brendan Rodgers go, just want to put this out there, Could we see Carlo Ancelotti become LFC manager this summer?

You are aware that there are other threads on the forum aren't you mate?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #701: May 27, 2015 12:10:49 am
      I was referring to the point that you raised "Only because we don't pay wages like a big club do."
      I have to re read my, to see if I have done that think I do, wher i hold half the conversation in my head and think everybody's privy to it  :f_doh:

Sorry some misspellings in the first try,( have to start proof reading) I Have tried to clarify it so here goes

(1)I will admit I believe many of players between 18-24 may well be about money, (2) but there are a few older player 26-30 out there where money means less than winning titles, (3) and even fewer that feel it is about playing for the club you love that counts and (4) I believe a very rare fewer like a Diego Maradona (Napoli) who thrive on knowing they are the difference maker. I believe that LFC are attracting too many of the (1)'s & (2)'s and not enough/None of the (3)'s & (4)'s or the third type ( a Rick Lambert) are simple not good enough

Or were you being sarcastic and I missed It??? 

Maradona wasn't just the difference maker at Napoli - you forgotten Brazillian striker Careca or the Italian Carnevale.

Well go on then what do you think?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #702: May 27, 2015 12:26:53 am
      This result can go two ways.

It is the catalyst by which major changes are made by how the club deals with footballing matters, or the result that will be engraved in history as the moment when Liverpool finally accepted it's place as an also-ran club.

Your move FSG...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #703: May 27, 2015 01:51:49 am
      This match topping of the last miserable year, with no plans to change anything in regards to our structure, and now Benteke as number one target for the summer?

Said it before, but I just wish Jeremy Beadle WASN'T dead so I could cling to the small hope of him jumping out and revealing the last year has been one massive piss take.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #704: May 27, 2015 08:36:31 am
      Insult never win me over they tend to make me believe that I am right... Valid points, and cogent agruement does it for me

Knock yaself out.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #705: May 27, 2015 09:27:48 am
      You are aware that there are other threads on the forum aren't you mate?

Sorry did not know  :-[
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #706: May 27, 2015 09:32:00 am

Well go on then what do you think?
      I really don't know If he would be a good fit... You have me there  :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #707: May 27, 2015 11:48:10 am
      Story is they had there holidays bags packed and after the match they went to the Airport and Dubai. So the performance isnt so strange as its clear they had started their Hols early. With Brendan having arranged to go to the playoff final by Helicopter it appears to  me that perhaps we didnt take that game as seriously as we should have hence the result
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #708: May 27, 2015 04:13:39 pm
      Story is they had there holidays bags packed and after the match they went to the Airport and Dubai. So the performance isnt so strange as its clear they had started their Hols early. With Brendan having arranged to go to the playoff final by Helicopter it appears to  me that perhaps we didnt take that game as seriously as we should have hence the result

I take holidays too, dont mean im gonna F**k up my last day of work. Id get fired
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #709: May 27, 2015 04:26:42 pm
      I take holidays too, dont mean im gonna f**k up my last day of work. Id get fired

I think it was a shocking mistake and the team was clearly not right mentally for this game and Stoke could sense that.
      To a man they should reflect on their contribution and I would suggest the donate a weeks pay to a suitable charity.I dont ever want to see a Liverpool team do that again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #710: May 27, 2015 04:29:53 pm
      Add the 3-1 palace loss to this.

Its fekin 9-2 aggregate to a coupel of teams usually in the bottom half of the table, now mid table clubs.

We should not be losing to these at all, never mind by these cricket scores.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #711: May 27, 2015 04:32:24 pm
      Ive seen the Dubai video.
      After dishing up the performance they did and  the worst result in 52 years  ..... they should be quivering under their duvets.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #712: May 27, 2015 04:34:28 pm

WHERE is Rodgers now ?

Quick Reply