Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 164416 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)
      Reply #1955: Jul 22, 2015 04:34:32 pm
      Not a chance we'll get double figures out of our 4 main strikers. Also think 2 at 20+ is pushing the ambitious side of things, it's reliant on Sturridge coming back to form pretty damn quick and Benteke not only hitting the ground running but maintaining it throughout a season, something he's not been able to do so far, either through injury or dips of form.

I think we're much more likely to see the 2 main lads around the 15 mark and Ings/Origi getting a few in the Europa and the cups. That would still be a decent improvement on what we had last season.

I did not say it was defo, I said, it would be fantastic. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1956: Jul 22, 2015 04:34:33 pm
      Yeah it's still not 20+ though :D

As you say though Brendan will surely want to manage them both we care. There's no way Benteke is playing every minute of every game even if he remains injury free, the same with Sturridge. I think we wont see 2 strikers play together too often, personally think their time will be managed so we don't end up having to rely on Origi and Ings.

I honestly think if we manage to get 15 out of each of them then they'll both have done all right. Sturridge on the back of horrific injuries and Benteke in his first year with us. 20+ by either and we're bang in there with a shout at top 4 or a cup imo.

If they can both hit 15 and we can get even 5 or 6 out of Ings and Origi, that would be much better than last year...plus it appears our midfielders are going to be relied on to produce some goals and surely we can count on Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Hendo and Milner to chip in as well.

If Benteke gets 20+ I'd say it's because Studge is laid up again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #1957: Jul 22, 2015 04:36:00 pm
      Has he signed yet?.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1959: Jul 22, 2015 04:38:04 pm
      If they can both hit 15 and we can get even 5 or 6 out of Ings and Origi, that would be much better than last year...plus it appears our midfielders are going to be relied on to produce some goals and surely we can count on Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Hendo and Milner to chip in as well.

If Benteke gets 20+ I'd say it's because Studge is laid up again.

Yes probably true.

I'd also agree that our midfield has much more menace about it. I know the loss of Sterling will hurt but I really am expecting a big impact from Firmino and Coutinho is only 23 so it's likely he'll progress even further, I just really hope it's not his last season with us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1960: Jul 22, 2015 04:39:57 pm
      I've seen you call half a dozen or so other users on here trolls before too.

Trying to get people banned or something? You need to get out more pal.

No, I'm not trying to get people banned, I'm calling it like I see it. You are obviously hard headed and just like arguing for the sake of being right, not for the sake of determining what's what when it comes to matters concerning the club. If you get banned it would be for something you've done, not for anything I have instigated. I wouldn't remotely think the mods care one bit about my opinions of other posters.

If you don't like that you get called out for sounding like a broken record, then maybe you ought to stick to what you said before  and not continue to "echo" your displeasure when you just keep using the same tired "arguments" over and over again.

Especially when people debating with you (Magil) have actually done some legwork to support their assertions and you so rudely just dismiss their efforts and keep parroting the same dead arguments over and over without doing any legwork of your own. ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1961: Jul 22, 2015 04:41:49 pm
      Yes probably true.

I'd also agree that our midfield has much more menace about it. I know the loss of Sterling will hurt but I really am expecting a big impact from Firmino and Coutinho is only 23 so it's likely he'll progress even further, I just really hope it's not his last season with us.

I could be wrong (it has happened ;D) but I feel like Coutinho's youth and impressionability has actually helped us with him. He seems to really have taken to what the club's about, taken to Brendan and seems WAY more loyal than Sterling ever was for instance. I think unless we miss out on Champion's League again we won't have any issues keeping him. And if we miss out on Champion's League this next season, holding on to Coutinho won't be our only issue I fear.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1962: Jul 22, 2015 04:42:08 pm
      No, I'm not trying to get people banned, I'm calling it like I see it. You are obviously hard headed and just like arguing for the sake of being right, not for the sake of determining what's what when it comes to matters concerning the club. If you get banned it would be for something you've done, not for anything I have instigated. I wouldn't remotely think the mods care one bit about my opinions of other posters.

If you don't like that you get called out for sounding like a broken record, then maybe you ought to stick to what you said before  and not continue to "echo" your displeasure when you just keep using the same tired "arguments" over and over again.

Especially when people debating with you (Magil) have actually done some legwork to support their assertions and you so rudely just dismiss their efforts and keep parroting the same dead arguments over and over without doing any legwork of your own. ;)

Nah mate you call people trolls quite often when they don't agree with you. Seen it a handful of times.

When in fact I've been pretty much ignoring you for a couple of weeks now but you still insist on quoting me whenever you can.

Yet, I'm the troll?

Ok mate...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1963: Jul 22, 2015 04:48:11 pm
      Nah mate you call people trolls quite often when they don't agree with you. Seen it a handful of times.

When in fact I've been pretty much ignoring you for a couple of weeks now but you still insist on quoting me whenever you can.

Yet, I'm the troll?

Ok mate...

Where have I called anyone a troll (quite often)...love for you to back that assertion up or are you just pulling it out of your arse hoping no one will call you on it?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1964: Jul 22, 2015 05:15:54 pm
      These circular arguments are going to continue all season aren't they  :mad: 

Even if the lad does bang in over 20 goals for us they'll be scored in the wrong games, the ones we've already won without his goals.  Or it'll be because Studge is still injured therefore he (Studge) would have scored more if he'd been fit.

Then every time he doesn't score we'll have the "I told you we wasted £32.5m on him" gang out in force to back up the "he's just a flat track bully" brigade.

Ah well  :stress_h4h: :depressed:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1965: Jul 22, 2015 05:18:03 pm
      "LFCTV Live News been delayed till 6pm."

I'm going for a 6pm announcement

Or it could be the Firmino interview  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1966: Jul 22, 2015 05:19:18 pm
      Has ben Kingsley, ben Ainslie, ben ten , Mr ben, ben teke signed yet ?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1967: Jul 22, 2015 05:40:41 pm
      These circular arguments are going to continue all season aren't they  :mad: 

Even if the lad does bang in over 20 goals for us they'll be scored in the wrong games, the ones we've already won without his goals.  Or it'll be because Studge is still injured therefore he (Studge) would have scored more if he'd been fit.

Then every time he doesn't score we'll have the "I told you we wasted £32.5m on him" gang out in force to back up the "he's just a flat track bully" brigade.

Ah well  :stress_h4h: :depressed:

Going to be a long season Debs, would not pay attention to the few posters that gang up on stuff like this...they are in the minority, have zero credibility on this board and are well known.

I do not know if he will be a success or not, but as Daz said a few days ago, once he signs I will support him 100% and hope he knocks them in left and right.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1968: Jul 22, 2015 05:45:17 pm
      Going to be a long season Debs, would not pay attention to the few posters that gang up on stuff like this...they are in the minority, have zero credibility on this board and are well known.

I do not know if he will be a success or not, but as Daz said a few days ago, once he signs I will support him 100% and hope he knocks them in left and right.

Nobody knows mate but I'll not write him off before hes even kicked a ball.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1969: Jul 22, 2015 05:57:26 pm
      Nobody knows mate but I'll not write him off before hes even kicked a ball.

I'm stubborn...I'll likely not write him off even if he is crap ;D

Try my hardest to support them all while they wear the shirt. In the end I really want them all to come good, only helps us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1970: Jul 22, 2015 06:02:45 pm
      I'm stubborn...I'll likely not write him off even if he is crap ;D

Try my hardest to support them all while they wear the shirt. In the end I really want them all to come good, only helps us.

There gets to a point when a fella like Borini really starts getting on my nerves..but for the most part I will support hell or high water unless they disrespect the club or supporters.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1971: Jul 22, 2015 06:02:46 pm
      Off the Pendelino at Lime St. I was on the one before him it looks like  :-\

Apparently at Melwood now.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/623899500172722176
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1972: Jul 22, 2015 06:05:41 pm
      I was on the one before him it looks like  :-\

Slacker..... :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1973: Jul 22, 2015 06:21:44 pm
      I think Big Ben will strike 12 this season

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1974: Jul 22, 2015 06:24:47 pm
      Off the Pendelino at Lime St. I was on the one before him it looks like  :-\

Apparently at Melwood now.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/623899500172722176

I see a lot of footballers going for LV products, I don't see the fascination in them, my wife has 2 handbags and purse, mum has a few... and it's just the same boring pattern and colour scheme!!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1975: Jul 22, 2015 06:25:18 pm
      League? Assuming he takes penalties I'm going to go for Benteke to get 26 goals and the golden boot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1976: Jul 22, 2015 06:33:04 pm
      He's so immobile...

Benteke
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1977: Jul 22, 2015 06:33:56 pm
      I see a lot of footballers going for LV products, I don't see the fascination in them, my wife has 2 handbags and purse, mum has a few... and it's just the same boring pattern and colour scheme!!!

Status dude....nothing more. Nothing says "I'm a rich footballer" (or insert other professional athlete) like Louis Vitton.

Quick Reply