Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 164417 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)
      Reply #1978: Jul 22, 2015 06:36:09 pm

Statue right there..don't know how he can even get out of bed in the morning.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1979: Jul 22, 2015 06:38:28 pm
      Announcing this anytime soon like?

Saying that, examining that third leg of his during the medical probably took some doing.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1980: Jul 22, 2015 06:51:15 pm
      Strictly for informational/conversational purposes only.  ;)

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1981: Jul 22, 2015 07:10:27 pm
      So had he signed, or has he thought it through and decided he can't fit in to our style of play ?   :f_tongueincheek:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1982: Jul 22, 2015 07:21:03 pm
      Not a chance we'll get double figures out of our 4 main strikers. Also think 2 at 20+ is pushing the ambitious side of things, it's reliant on Sturridge coming back to form pretty damn quick and Benteke not only hitting the ground running but maintaining it throughout a season, something he's not been able to do so far, either through injury or dips of form.

I think we're much more likely to see the 2 main lads around the 15 mark and Ings/Origi getting a few in the Europa and the cups. That would still be a decent improvement on what we had last season.

Yeah, its pretty rare to have two strikers on the same team get over 20. I'd be surprised if Sturridge played enough to get 15 this season as well, but if he does that would be a huge boost to getting top four and challenging for the cups.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1983: Jul 22, 2015 07:21:16 pm
      Strictly for informational/conversational purposes only.  ;)

Interesting stats, certainly does show that Aguero is in a league of his own really. That wont surprise anyone but even though I rated Kane (started midering about him early on in his Europa games) I didn't realise his numbers were that impressive.

If it wasn't a one season wonder, which I highly doubt, he could easily be the next £50m+ player in the league.

The ones I least rate out of all of them are Giroud and Benteke and the stats tend to back that opinion up but then I'm probably being quite subjective when looking at it.

Aguero
      Costa
      Kane
      Rooney
      Benteke
      Giroud

Is the order of quality I'd put them in. (This is on the assumption that Kane isn't the one season wonder)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1984: Jul 22, 2015 07:24:41 pm
      Interesting stats, certainly does show that Aguero is in a league of his own really. That wont surprise anyone but even though I rated Kane (started midering about him early on in his Europa games) I didn't realise his numbers were that impressive.

If it wasn't a one season wonder, which I highly doubt, he could easily be the next £50m+ player in the league.

The ones I least rate out of all of them are Giroud and Benteke and the stats tend to back that opinion up but then I'm probably being quite subjective when looking at it.

Aguero
      Costa
      Kane
      Rooney
      Benteke
      Giroud

Is the order of quality I'd put them in. (This is on the assumption that Kane isn't the one season wonder)

As much as I despise the Mancs...Rooney has a knack in front of goal..but I would look at it this way...of the strikers on the list, here's how I would rank my "fear factor" when they are playing against us (first being most feared):

Aguero
      Kane
      Benteke
      Costa
      Rooney
      Giroud

Not scientific in any way, that's just how I typically feel when we are going to be playing against them. I worried most about Aguero and then Kane, and then Benteke...the other three, not so much.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1985: Jul 22, 2015 07:30:02 pm
      As much as I despise the Mancs...Rooney has a knack in front of goal..but I would look at it this way...of the strikers on the list, here's how I would rank my "fear factor" when they are playing against us (first being most feared):

Aguero
      Kane
      Benteke
      Costa
      Rooney
      Giroud

Not scientific in any way, that's just how I typically feel when we are going to be playing against them. I worried most about Aguero and then Kane, and then Benteke...the other three, not so much.

In that case you should really fear Johnathan Walters!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1986: Jul 22, 2015 07:33:26 pm
      So much for the announcement. Knowing our luck he will be unveiled at Chelsea instead.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #1987: Jul 22, 2015 07:38:46 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1988: Jul 22, 2015 07:43:12 pm
      In that case you should really fear Johnathan Walters!

Bolasie ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1989: Jul 22, 2015 07:43:35 pm
      Off the Pendelino at Lime St. I was on the one before him it looks like  :-\

Apparently at Melwood now.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/623899500172722176

That's one expensive looking backpack ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1990: Jul 22, 2015 07:45:11 pm

He didn't get that from Dora that's for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1991: Jul 22, 2015 08:18:24 pm

Think he's still trying to find his pen in it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1992: Jul 22, 2015 08:22:33 pm

Aguero
      Kane
      Benteke
      Costa
      Rooney
      Giroud

Fair enough FL and Benteke does always have a good game against us so I can slightly understand your reasoning, just think Costa is a much better player. I'd say it's interesting the disparity in Giroud and Benteke on your list because I don't see them as vastly different players but each to their own I guess.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1993: Jul 22, 2015 08:29:17 pm
      Fair enough FL and Benteke does always have a good game against us so I can slightly understand your reasoning, just think Costa is a much better player. I'd say it's interesting the disparity in Giroud and Benteke on your list because I don't see them as vastly different players but each to their own I guess.

Again, purely unscientific but just from my own eye test...Giroud always seems like his goals are more right place right time where Benteke's seem (to me anyway) to be more a result of his actual skill. I think Giroud benefits from the players around him in other words where as Benteke scores in spite of the players around him.

With Costa, I suppose I should worry more about him but it seems like he winds himself up as much against us as he winds us up.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1995: Jul 22, 2015 08:35:12 pm
      Finally happening... where has he been?

Lifting the truss at the stadium if Twitter is to be believed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1996: Jul 22, 2015 08:46:10 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1998: Jul 22, 2015 08:46:53 pm
      Again, purely unscientific but just from my own eye test...Giroud always seems like his goals are more right place right time where Benteke's seem (to me anyway) to be more a result of his actual skill. I think Giroud benefits from the players around him in other words where as Benteke scores in spite of the players around him.

With Costa, I suppose I should worry more about him but it seems like he winds himself up as much against us as he winds us up.

I think Kane IS a one season wonder and if I'd have been Spurs I'd have bitten anybodies hand off if they offered over 40 million. He wasn't in truth even a one season wonder in my eyes, just got hot for a few months. Put it this way, I'd one million per cent rather have Benteke than Harry Kane. There, I've said it.. Cards on the table, bollocks on the line etc.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1999: Jul 22, 2015 08:58:46 pm
      Apparently it's being announced shortly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2000: Jul 22, 2015 09:00:06 pm

Quick Reply