Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges

Read 36841 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges
      Reply #46: May 29, 2015 11:48:27 am

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #47: May 29, 2015 01:06:10 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qatar-hero-michel-platini-might-5783843

Share this link, it shows what a corrupt piece of sh*t Platini is too.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #48: May 29, 2015 05:14:12 pm
      If the sport really wants to do something about FIFA and the corruption that is rife   and runs at the heart of it then Blatter needs to be forced to step down.

The only way to achieve this is for the FA to approach other football governing bodies in France, Holland, Germany and Spain, all of them approach UEFA and tell FIFA that if Sepp Blatter and his corrupted band of cronies do not step down from their pots at FIFA and that there are elections held for new official, a new set of candidates for the top job chosen by all the footballing countries then no Country that falls under UEFA will take part in 2018 World Cup or any World Cup that follows. That UEFA shall instead hold a European (Euros) Championship in 2018… If UEFA can convince CONCACAF (the regional governing body of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean) to do the same which would not be as hard as you think as the too could hold there own version of The Euros. The fall out from this would force Blatter and his cronies out…..

Could you imagine a World Cup without England, Spain, Portugal, Holland, France Italy and Germany? The USA would follow suit. It would make a mockery of the whole thing forcing countries like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Uruguay etc, to do the same. Australia who many believe should have won the 2022 World Cup bid would also follow suit, Sponsors like Adidas, Coca-Cola, Hyundai, McDonalds and Visa would pile the pressure on by withdrawing sponsorship.

The main things that got me about how FIFA is run is the whole
      Suarez/Chiellini biting incident was FIFA approach… Yes Suarez should have been banded and a 10 match band sounded fair…. But FIFA are a world Body that only runs International tournaments and friendlies…. So Suarez should have had his 10 match on International Games…. Red cards at World Cup Semi’s/ Final’s does not mean you miss the next League game, nor does get a red card in the CL/Europa League mean you miss the next Premiere League game, so how is it that a body that only runs international tournament can make decisions that effect other footballing bodies on things that take place in their tournament????

The FA and UEFA need to step -up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #49: May 29, 2015 05:37:36 pm
      is it right that Uefa countries along with the US and Australasia contribute the most revenue to FIFA?. Add to that Sponsorship from said countries is the tail not wagging the Dog somewhat thanks to Blatter?.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #50: May 29, 2015 05:45:44 pm
      On the radio as I was coming home, they said Blatter was favourite to win.

I guess they are happy to keep lining their deep pockets.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #51: May 29, 2015 05:47:18 pm
      UEFA and the US Federation have come out and said they are voting against Blatter for relection. That's a pretty hard line for the US as it will likely cost us the 2026 WC if Blatter does get relected.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #52: May 29, 2015 05:54:42 pm
      UEFA and the US Federation have come out and said they are voting against Blatter for relection. That's a pretty hard line for the US as it will likely cost us the 2026 WC if Blatter does get relected.
      The 2026 WC will be going to North Korea , in the interest of World peace don't you know .

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #53: May 29, 2015 05:57:45 pm

Voting for him guarantees nothing.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #54: May 29, 2015 06:04:55 pm
      Voting for him guarantees nothing.

True, but voting against him probably lowers the chances even more ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #55: May 29, 2015 06:09:03 pm
      The vote for the presidency of Fifa, football's world governing body, has gone into a second round after neither candidate won two-thirds of the vote.
      The incumbent Sepp Blatter won 133 votes to 73 for Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan.

The second round requires a simple majority of the 209 federations.

So what is the F***ing point? Corrupt fuckers.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #56: May 29, 2015 06:24:32 pm
      The vote for the presidency of Fifa, football's world governing body, has gone into a second round after neither candidate won two-thirds of the vote.
      The incumbent Sepp Blatter won 133 votes to 73 for Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan.

The second round requires a simple majority of the 209 federations.

So what is the f**king point? Corrupt fuckers.

it seems his opponenent agrees and has thrown in the towel. I would be more than happy to have the Euros every two years and let the rest of the world see how they manage without the UEFA money and sponsors.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #57: May 29, 2015 06:25:35 pm
      Sepp Blatter Wins his 5th term.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #58: May 29, 2015 06:33:17 pm
      Sepp Blatter Wins his 5th term.
      Watch the spin doctors of fifa work wonders . He'll be canonised when he dies .

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #59: May 29, 2015 06:41:21 pm
      Is anyone actually surprised that Blatter was re-elected?

It was always going to happen. Mass corruption on his watch doesn't seem to affect him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: May 29, 2015 06:45:09 pm
      Apparently Standard Chartered are one of three banks in England that possibly helped transfer dirty money for FIFA, great sponsor we have there if that's the case.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #61: May 29, 2015 06:49:57 pm
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #62: May 29, 2015 06:51:02 pm
      Blatter is the problem not the solution! He has so many in his pocket, it's no surprised he won!
      EUFA need to pull out on masse, as has been said, let's have the Euros and give the World Cup the heave ho!
      World football cannot survive with this man in charge, it is the most corrupt organisation on the planet, he clings power to protect himself and his cohorts!
      Enough is enough.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2015 07:41:36 pm by Redangel »
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #63: May 29, 2015 09:45:34 pm
      F**k FIFA, notjing will happen. Business as usual
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #64: May 29, 2015 09:47:44 pm
      Blatter is the problem not the solution! He has so many in his pocket, it's no surprised he won!
      EUFA need to pull out on masse, as has been said, let's have the Euros and give the World Cup the heave ho!
      World football cannot survive with this man in charge, it is the most corrupt organisation on the planet, he clings power to protect himself and his cohorts!
      Enough is enough.

He has Africa, Oceania and Asia in his pocket, he will never lose an election if he is running. The votes of those 3 are enough.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #65: May 29, 2015 10:00:23 pm
      Unless Uefa/Europe which supplies 80% of the players to the world cup finals decide to withdraw from FIFA this will go on.
      Europe I would imagine is the Sponsors main market along with the US.Time for the tail to stop wagging the Dog
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #66: May 29, 2015 11:30:00 pm
      How much does Blatter know about football... I mean really know. Formations etc.

I may not be Platini's biggest fan however he looks like a saint compared to this joke.

I'm sick and tired of the world being so P.C. about things. He's a c**t and everyone knows it. Not a soul alive is sticking up for him and yet we can't just tell him to F**k off. Who says FIFA rule our game?

Boycott all FIFA related events, boycott the world cup, boycott football to save football.

I would say something needs to be done before it's too late but thousands have already lost their lives because of this man and I wonder why the Swiss banker wasn't caught on bribery. The c**t can hide money but he can't hide behind the trail of bodies his reign has left behind. This job was supposed to be about the beautiful game... What happened to the world.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #67: May 29, 2015 11:49:20 pm
      How much does Blatter know about football... I mean really know. Formations etc.

I may not be Platini's biggest fan however he looks like a saint compared to this joke.

I'm sick and tired of the world being so P.C. about things. He's a c**t and everyone knows it. Not a soul alive is sticking up for him and yet we can't just tell him to F**k off. Who says FIFA rule our game?

Boycott all FIFA related events, boycott the world cup, boycott football to save football.

I would say something needs to be done before it's too late but thousands have already lost their lives because of this man and I wonder why the Swiss banker wasn't caught on bribery. The c**t can hide money but he can't hide behind the trail of bodies his reign has left behind. This job was supposed to be about the beautiful game... What happened to the world.

Send in the SAS into his compound kill him and dump his body in the sea .

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #68: May 30, 2015 12:08:58 am
      Send in the SAS into his compound kill him and dump his body in the sea .

I'd rather see him rot behind bars for the rest of his life.

Quick Reply