Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FIFA 16

Read 15553 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      FIFA 16
      May 29, 2015 04:06:48 pm
      Figured I might as well start a new thread for the upcoming FIFA.

---

12 women's national teams will be in the new FIFA: Germany, USA, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, Mexico.

Considered me beyond excited. Like, I've never felt so stoked about anything in a football sim before.

The women's game still has a long way to go to get recognized, but this feels like a very positive step in the right direction.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/women
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: FIFA 16
      Reply #1: May 29, 2015 10:28:46 pm
      Very positive step. They'll need to be careful with the ratings. Whilst aesthetically you can't really have the best female player in the world rated in the 60s you also cannot have them being as good as Messi or Ronaldo with a rating in the 90s.

I imagine they'll have different ratings for the women and the men i.e. 90 pace for a female player is slower than 90 pace for a male player. I imagine there'll be some pseudo-feminist group who complain about that too, and how you shouldn't discriminate my making separate ratings and that female players are just as good as the male ones. But those people wouldn't know what actual feminism was if it slapped them in the face and most likely just want a good complain about something for the sake of being an annoyance.

Or it could pass along without a fuss.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #2: May 29, 2015 11:13:54 pm
      Very positive step. They'll need to be careful with the ratings. Whilst aesthetically you can't really have the best female player in the world rated in the 60s you also cannot have them being as good as Messi or Ronaldo with a rating in the 90s.

I imagine they'll have different ratings for the women and the men i.e. 90 pace for a female player is slower than 90 pace for a male player. I imagine there'll be some pseudo-feminist group who complain about that too, and how you shouldn't discriminate my making separate ratings and that female players are just as good as the male ones. But those people wouldn't know what actual feminism was if it slapped them in the face and most likely just want a good complain about something for the sake of being an annoyance.

Or it could pass along without a fuss.

The ratings should be interesting. I would reckon that since you can only play women's team vs women's team, the ratings could be proportional to the men without there being too much of an issue -- idiotic sexists aside, of course. Someone like Christine Sinclair's finishing rating should be 90 or so, because that's how she rates in the women's game. That would seem the most fair to me.

The general reaction I've seen from the women's players themselves is just one of excitement. I'm not sure they're going to care too much (maybe in relation to each other!) because most of them probably never even dreamed they'd be in a version of FIFA.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: May 31, 2015 11:31:01 am
      It's pretty fun to have the women in there now but seriously, there is that much wrong with this FIFA that they need to improve that first before anything.

Fix the servers, fix the market on FUT, fix the gameplay.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #4: May 31, 2015 09:17:16 pm
      I really hope there is a MyPlayer like NBA 2K series, actually focusing on Single Player unlike EA with FUT, FUT and FUT.

I'm not even very good at but it has got me into basketball.

Would love Team Play back but unlikely. Add a new mode otherwise, not much change for a few years now.

Hope there is a glitch found so we can play Women vs Men, would be pretty funny.

Also add Cameroon's 2002 World Cup kit would be cool, depends whether Puma are still sponsoring Cameroon though, and tattoos, thought it may have been because on the 3 rating but NBA 2K has proper tattoos and it's a 3
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: May 31, 2015 09:31:20 pm
      I really hope there is a MyPlayer like NBA 2K series, actually focusing on Single Player unlike EA with FUT, FUT and FUT.

I'm not even very good at but it has got me into basketball.

Would love Team Play back but unlikely. Add a new mode otherwise, not much change for a few years now.

Hope there is a glitch found so we can play Women vs Men, would be pretty funny.

Also add Cameroon's 2002 World Cup kit would be cool, depends whether Puma are still sponsoring Cameroon though, and tattoos, thought it may have been because on the 3 rating but NBA 2K has proper tattoos and it's a 3

There is already a similar thing to 'my player' on FIFA though...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2015 11:36:06 pm
      Will I be able to use Tobin Heath to pull off a sweet elastico to Abby Wambach?
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2015 06:40:03 pm
      There is already a similar thing to 'my player' on FIFA though...
      Yes but it is nowhere near the same, on FIFA it's just a career and if you play well you're in and if not you're out.

On NBA 2k there are cut scenes and feels a lot better, trust me, look on YouTube to see the real difference.
      Bier
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2015 08:17:09 pm
      Yes but it is nowhere near the same, on FIFA it's just a career and if you play well you're in and if not you're out.

On NBA 2k there are cut scenes and feels a lot better, trust me, look on YouTube to see the real difference.

That's nearly impossible to implement in that way for FIFA. The NBA consists of 30 clubs, from 1 league, in 1 language. FIFA 15 had 35 licensed leagues, more than 600 clubs from many different countries.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2015 08:37:17 pm
      Will I be able to use Tobin Heath to pull off a sweet elastico to Abby Wambach?

Yep.

That's nearly impossible to implement in that way for FIFA. The NBA consists of 30 clubs, from 1 league, in 1 language. FIFA 15 had 35 licensed leagues, more than 600 clubs from many different countries.

So much memory on the disk gets eaten up by the number of clubs/players/kits/leagues/etc. that it's hard to have a huge chunk of extra features.

That said, career/manager mode is in desperate need of an overhaul. It's basically just wheeling-dealing and playing matches, whereas I'd love to have the option to train a player to learn a new position, practice a new formation, etc. A bit like PES' Master League, which, ironically, is also very dated.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2015 09:47:02 pm
      True, it's easier for NBA with drafts, the way I think it works for NBA is everybody is drafted to th same club (Phoenix Suns), if they did something similar they would have to choose the right club, there just needs to be more connection with the career, it needs change, they can't just focus on FUT because I will seriously consider not buying it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2015 07:03:35 pm
      Does anybody here play PES? I used to be a big fan of the series back on PS2, but nothing has yet to match the (proportional) quality of play in PES 5 and 6. It looks like they're bringing back option files for the PS4 version, which really helps get around the lack of licenses.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2015 07:05:53 pm
      Does anybody here play PES? I used to be a big fan of the series back on PS2, but nothing has yet to match the (proportional) quality of play in PES 5 and 6. It looks like they're bringing back option files for the PS4 version, which really helps get around the lack of licenses.

Now why would you post about PES in a FIFA 16 thread :P
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2015 07:33:25 pm
      Now why would you post about PES in a FIFA 16 thread :P

Hey I started this thread, bucko, I can do what I want ;D

No, just thought I'd throw it out there to people already playing one football sim to see if anybody plays EA's only competition (if you can call Konami that).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Aug 05, 2015 12:42:37 pm
      My brother's just showed me this video of Carra and Neville playing FIFA 16 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=203&v=dzogfrv-WUw

For some reason the video isn't showing up on here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15: Aug 07, 2015 04:06:58 pm
      For some reason the video isn't showing up on here.

You'd linked to the video starting from 203 seconds in.  Full youtube urls look like this.

Code: [Select]
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzogfrv-WUw
      Love the 'abandoned' hug. 3mins 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzogfrv-WUw
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2015 12:48:26 pm
      I've had about 4 games upto now and I found it a bit harder than the last one, especially with the passing.

Felt weird going Liverpool without Stevie.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2015 12:01:14 am
      By far and away the worst FIFA game I've played in years. Just bought an Xbox One and it's my first time playing FIFA on it, preordered and have been looking forward to it for ages. Have EA just forgot about people who like playing Career mode? Such utter w*nk. Same horrible scouting system, same clunky layout, training is a clear 'look at this new feature' hole plugger. Then there's the gameplay... Passing is terrible, player runs are awful, defending feels horrible and the referee blows up for every minor collision. CPU feels exactly like that, very predictable and constantly gets stuck in a loop of playing cross field balls which are impossible to defend against. My head hurts thinking about how they've made a game so much worse. Mind blowing how FIFA 13 on the 360 was a much more enjoyable experience. I want my money back.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2015 02:52:46 am
      Seeing your review Mags has me seriously reconsidering my thoughts about going out and buying it. How's the comparison with 15 -  or even 14? I bought a PS4 a couple weeks ago so I need some FIFA in my life, but I'm not worried about buying older if it's that terrible.

More and more companies seem to be lacking the care with the core qualities that made games great. Career mode has always been #1 for me as far as FIFA goes, being a player since the 04 days, along with in person multiplayer. I don't go online all that often, yet that seems to be where all the focus is. You'd think in this day and age they could put equal effort into both and create a game that satisfies all.

Wait and see I guess!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #19: Sep 26, 2015 09:51:15 am
      Seeing your review Mags has me seriously reconsidering my thoughts about going out and buying it. How's the comparison with 15 -  or even 14? I bought a PS4 a couple weeks ago so I need some FIFA in my life, but I'm not worried about buying older if it's that terrible.

More and more companies seem to be lacking the care with the core qualities that made games great. Career mode has always been #1 for me as far as FIFA goes, being a player since the 04 days, along with in person multiplayer. I don't go online all that often, yet that seems to be where all the focus is. You'd think in this day and age they could put equal effort into both and create a game that satisfies all.

Wait and see I guess!

It feels so slow and clunky. They've introduced this new drilled pass since defenders are better at interceptions now but the problem is that has slowed down the regular passing; and you can't even control the bloody drilled pass in the final third anyway.

On professional it's impossible to play a ball over the top and on semi-pro it's far too easy. The game is so unbalanced.

I'm going to give it another go today and see if I just need to get used to it. But 2 days in I'm already bored and feeling like it's like a slowed down FIFA 15 with all the same errors and less of the good stuff.

I've also been hearing amazing things about Pro Evo so have a 'grass is always greener' mindset at the moment and might just bite the bullet and return FIFA and swap for pro.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Sep 26, 2015 10:53:06 am
      It feels so slow and clunky. They've introduced this new drilled pass since defenders are better at interceptions now but the problem is that has slowed down the regular passing; and you can't even control the bloody drilled pass in the final third anyway.

On professional it's impossible to play a ball over the top and on semi-pro it's far too easy. The game is so unbalanced.

I'm going to give it another go today and see if I just need to get used to it. But 2 days in I'm already bored and feeling like it's like a slowed down FIFA 15 with all the same errors and less of the good stuff.

I've also been hearing amazing things about Pro Evo so have a 'grass is always greener' mindset at the moment and might just bite the bullet and return FIFA and swap for pro.

Yup feeling the same way, actually feels like a downgrade on FIFA 15, and that wasn't exactly any good! Really not enjoying it at the minute....

And don't bother with PES either, just as bad, shooting is way too easy, you pretty much press shoot and it goes in and it still has the robotic feel.. Konami must have given out some major money to buy these reviews haha! IGN gave it 9.5!! Really??

Wish a company like 2K would just take over and make one decent football game...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Sep 26, 2015 11:05:21 am
      This is comfortably the worst FIFA i have ever played in my entire life.

The passing is horrid, the dribbling is in slow motion. It just feels like they have nerfed the entire game and managed to make goalkeepers even worse, somehow.

FUT Draft looks amazing but the gameplay just ruins it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Sep 26, 2015 11:23:43 am

Wait and see I guess!

EA make a boat load of money from online game play so makes sense in their view to focus more on that aspect than career mode. I most certainly won't be buying it though. They ruined the game for me when they decided to introduce price caps on ultimate team half way through the year after I'd spent the first half saving up a LOT of coins to buy Di Maria, Aguero etc. and then no more than 2 weeks later they're worth about 13% of what I paid for them.

Quick Reply