Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Son Heung-Min (Bayer Leverkusen)

Read 4731 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Son Heung-Min (Bayer Leverkusen)
      May 06, 2015 11:02:00 am
      Liverpool want Bayer Leverkusen star Son Heung-Min - agent

Liverpool are targeting Bayer Leverkusen attacker Son Heung-Min, the South Korea international's agent has confirmed, although reports suggest a deal this summer is unlikely. Son joined Leverkusen from Hamburg in 2013 and has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League after impressing during his time in Germany, where he has recorded 41 goals in 131 Bundesliga games. The 22-year-old, one of the stars at the 2015 Asian Cup in Australia, is under contract until 2018 but his agent, Thies Bliemeister, told Bild that Liverpool are eager to sign him.

"I know that Liverpool have scouted him several times this season and would love to have the player in their squad," the agent said. However, their chances of completing a deal this summer for the player, who has been nicknamed "Sonaldo," appear to be slim. Bild reports that, although Son's contract contains a release clause, the deadline to trigger it this summer has already passed.

Kicker, meanwhile, reports that Son -- who is said to have snubbed English clubs when joining Leverkusen two years ago -- would prefer to remain at the BayArena for another year. Leverkusen are certain to finish at least fourth this season, which would secure them a Champions League qualification playoff spot, while Liverpool appear unlikely to return to the competition next season. Leverkusen still have the chance to secure an automatic Champions League qualification spot as they currently sit two points behind third-placed Borussia Monchengladbach ahead of this weekend's visit to Borussia-Park.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2434400/liverpool-want-bayer-leverkusen-star-son-heung-min-agent

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/03/liverpool-line-up-transfer-for-bayer-leverkusen-15m-forward-son-heung-min-5178857/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3067061/Liverpool-revive-15m-Bayer-Leverkusen-forward-Son-Heung-Min.html

Not quite great sources but a neat, neat player. Versatile, pacy and from what I've seen, his finishing is quite good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Son Heung-Min (Bayer Leverkusen)
      Reply #1: May 06, 2015 11:09:13 am
      Weren't we linked last year as well. I don't want to think sports journalists are lazy, but every year, the same stories.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: May 06, 2015 03:02:10 pm
      Very good player. But would be a weird one. Like Depay, he's a wide forward that can do a job up top, but is not an out-and-out striker.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3: May 06, 2015 03:22:11 pm
      ESPN is usually fairly credible, they don't just throw stuff at the wall in other words so it may have some legs.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4: May 08, 2015 11:08:32 am
      who is this guy and is he any good, i've never heard of him but then again i dont follow german footie only when there in CL. can someon elaborate on what type of player he is what postition would we use him in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #5: May 08, 2015 01:41:34 pm
      who is this guy and is he any good, i've never heard of him but then again i dont follow german footie only when there in CL. can someon elaborate on what type of player he is what postition would we use him in.

It was literally two posts above yours.....

Very good player. But would be a weird one. Like Depay, he's a wide forward that can do a job up top, but is not an out-and-out striker.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #6: May 08, 2015 02:16:26 pm
      It was literally two posts above yours.....

So we can add Scroll Up to Caps Lock/Shift on the list of buttons broken on AJ's laptop.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #7: May 13, 2015 01:18:11 pm
      who is he never heard of him
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: May 13, 2015 02:38:09 pm

:f_doh: Are you kidding me?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #9: May 13, 2015 02:45:27 pm

AJ hates Google.
      Bier
      Reply #10: May 13, 2015 02:49:29 pm

He's like an oblivious internet troll.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #11: May 13, 2015 02:52:00 pm
      He's like an oblivious internet troll.

Yep.

You cant accuse him of trolling as you say Bier he is totally oblivious.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #12: May 13, 2015 02:59:53 pm
      You know, if FSG are all about the money as some claim, we'll sign Son. Imagine the shirt sales in Korea! :laugh:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #13: May 13, 2015 03:09:10 pm

And suffers from short term memory loss. Why would one ask the same question about the same player in the same forum?

You know, if FSG are all about the money as some claim, we'll sign Son. Imagine the shirt sales in Korea! :laugh:

Hope they look at least in that perspective mate. Was Bayer's record signing at that time. He is apparently a childhood scum fan btw.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #14: May 13, 2015 03:29:24 pm
      Hope they look at least in that perspective mate. Was Bayer's record signing at that time. He is apparently a childhood scum fan btw.

Not surprised, especially once United signed Park in 2005, not to mention United were the dominate English side when all of these players were growing up.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #15: May 30, 2015 05:23:05 am
      I had the chance to see him in person at Bayer for their match against Hannover back in April. He is most definitely a handy player but Hakan Calhanoglu stole the show for me - excellent movement, passing and set-piece delivery.

But are more AM's/wingers what we need? Methinks not as much as a boss central midfielder, and for that look no further than Son and Hakan's teammate: Gonzalo Castro.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #16: Jun 09, 2015 09:24:02 am
      I had the chance to see him in person at Bayer for their match against Hannover back in April. He is most definitely a handy player but Hakan Calhanoglu stole the show for me - excellent movement, passing and set-piece delivery.

But are more AM's/wingers what we need? Methinks not as much as a boss central midfielder, and for that look no further than Son and Hakan's teammate: Gonzalo Castro.

Gonzalo Castro has signed for Borussia Dortmund.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Jun 09, 2015 01:31:16 pm
      Gonzalo Castro has signed for Borussia Dortmund.

Has he? He's a bit like Vidal in the sense that both played in pretty much all positions for Leverkusen - right back, left back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield... never thought Castro was as good as Vidal but they're both good players for any squad

Quick Reply