Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mateo Kovacic (Inter Milan)

Read 23669 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Mateo Kovacic (Inter Milan)
      Reply #115: Jun 09, 2015 01:48:07 am
      Hopefully not mate unless we can find a better DM. I'd rather sell Allen than Lucas.

Yep, let the Italians have the Welsh Xavi.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #116: Jun 09, 2015 08:19:58 am
      Surprises me that people say we don't need midfielders,
      Only speaking for myself mick but if we need midfielders... We need them after we've signed a top quality striker or two.

Unlike FSG (and now Brendan, it seems)... I like to learn from previous mistakes.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #117: Jun 09, 2015 09:22:19 am
      Very good player, but i don't think Inter will sell him for less than 30 mil.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #118: Jun 09, 2015 11:16:46 am
      Very good player, but i don't think Inter will sell him for less than 30 mil.

They have valued him at £18 million but lowball Liverpool won't meet their valuation.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #119: Jun 09, 2015 11:19:10 am
      They have valued him at £18 million but lowball Liverpool won't meet their valuation.

Let me guess, we offered 1.8 million?  :mad:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #120: Jun 09, 2015 12:37:50 pm
      Only speaking for myself mick but if we need midfielders... We need them after we've signed a top quality striker or two.

Unlike FSG (and now Brendan, it seems)... I like to learn from previous mistakes.

Agree Mouse.

I think if we left midfield as it is and added a proper quality striker or two it would transform the squad.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #121: Jun 09, 2015 01:00:22 pm
      I think if we left midfield as it is and added a proper quality striker or two it would transform the squad.
      Well, put it like this Si - I would prefer to 'make do' with Allen, Can, Henderson, Lucas, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic & Coutinho (without Kovacic) than Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Ings, Origi & Sturridge (without a top quality striker).

Time after time we appear to get our priorities arse about face. Just once I'd like us to get the biggest need filled first before we, yet again, pad out the squad. Just once.

Listen; it could be that they have a top striker already lined up and I may be wrong to be concerned or... it could be that 'they', whoever the F**k 'they' are, feel that we don't need a top quality striker; at which point it's time to panic in my opinion, obviously.  :laugh:

I can wait.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #122: Jun 09, 2015 01:10:33 pm
      Well, put it like this Si - I would prefer to 'make do' with Allen, Can, Henderson, Lucas, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic & Coutinho (without Kovacic) than Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Ings, Origi & Sturridge (without a top quality striker).

Time after time we appear to get our priorities arse about face. Just once I'd like us to get the biggest need filled first before we, yet again, pad out the squad. Just once.

Listen; it could be that they have a top striker already lined up and I may be wrong to be concerned or... it could be that 'they', whoever the F**k 'they' are, feel that we don't need a top quality striker; at which point it's time to panic in my opinion, obviously.  :laugh:

I can wait.

I'm hoping, although not confident, that we have tied up the Ings and Milner deals as they are relatively straighforwrd and that work is well under way on the striker issue.

Like I said hoping.

More like well be scratching around come the end of Augistt and will have to make do again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #123: Jun 09, 2015 09:31:10 pm
      INTER BRACED FOR REDS BID

Inter are waiting to receive what they believe will be the decisive offer from Liverpool for Mateo Kovacic, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Reds are said to have already bid for the Croatian midfielder but have so far failed to meet the Italians' 25m euros valuation.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #124: Jun 09, 2015 10:33:53 pm
      Inter, pending the Offerton for Kovacic: Liverpool to like it, but not for 25 million

Rodgers is in love with the Croatian and prove a "Coutinho-bis": but the request is considered excessive Inter

JUNE 9, 2015 - MILAN

Sluggish market outgoing Inter. Not a surprise, given the season just ended. For now, few bids and not up to expectations. Even that for Mateo Kovacic, who day after day seems increasingly the great sacrifice, is yet to come. In England several days to turn the figures with which the Reds would refer to Coutinho bis. Ie exploiting the hardships of a young man at Inter and watch it explode at Anfield. But the truth is that Liverpool only recently made official confirmation of Brendan Rodgers. The technician is "in love" the 21-year old Croatian, which he sees as heir to Steven Gerrard. The contact between the two clubs so it should be a matter of days, if not hours. But at that point will start going through the motions, because hardly the British offer those 25 million that represent the minimum basis for Inter. Unless in the deal does not come Skrtel.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/09-06-2015/inter-attesa-offertona-kovacic-liverpool-piace-ma-non-25-milioni-120103549123.shtml

Rodgers in love with kovacic was there not some rumours about a tranny  :o

Skrtel mentioned as a sweetener.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #125: Jun 10, 2015 12:35:04 pm
      Crappy source, no quotes, still..

Liverpool are closer than ever to signing Mateo Kovacic after Inter Milan began their search to replace the Croatian international.

Kovacic is understood to have already agreed personal terms ahead of a move to Anfield, but the two clubs are yet to agree on a fee. According to reports in Italy, though, Inter have already identified Legia Warsaw midfielder Ondrej Duda as a replacement, increasing Liverpool’s chances of getting the 21-year-old signed up.

Inter are believed to holding out for a fee in the region of £25m-£26m, while Liverpool are understood to have only offered £21million so far

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/09/liverpool-cleared-to-complete-mateo-kovacic-transfer-as-inter-milan-identify-replacement-5237143/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #126: Jun 10, 2015 01:10:15 pm
      Crappy source, no quotes, still..

Liverpool are closer than ever to signing Mateo Kovacic after Inter Milan began their search to replace the Croatian international.

Kovacic is understood to have already agreed personal terms ahead of a move to Anfield, but the two clubs are yet to agree on a fee. According to reports in Italy, though, Inter have already identified Legia Warsaw midfielder Ondrej Duda as a replacement, increasing Liverpool’s chances of getting the 21-year-old signed up.

Inter are believed to holding out for a fee in the region of £25m-£26m, while Liverpool are understood to have only offered £21million so far

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/09/liverpool-cleared-to-complete-mateo-kovacic-transfer-as-inter-milan-identify-replacement-5237143/

The asking price changes every time a new article comes out. Last week they wanted €18m and we had only offered €12m yet now we've suddenly offered £21m and they want £25m :D

He's not the kind of player we need to be spend £20m+ on right now either, offer 15 and let that be the last offer.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #127: Jun 10, 2015 02:33:46 pm
      He is great potential and great player...If we paid 25m for Lallano last year, Kovacic must be +10m more for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #128: Jun 10, 2015 04:00:29 pm
      He is great potential and great player...If we paid 25m for Lallano last year, Kovacic must be +10m more for sure.

So we should pay up to £35 million for Kovacic?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #129: Jun 10, 2015 04:06:12 pm
      The asking price changes every time a new article comes out. Last week they wanted €18m and we had only offered €12m yet now we've suddenly offered £21m and they want £25m :D

He's not the kind of player we need to be spend £20m+ on right now either, offer 15 and let that be the last offer.

Next thing you know we will be bidding 10M on Benteke because we have spent all of our money. All the top strikers are coming off the board this summer and we are twiddling our thumbs at a CM. Not saying we don't need a CM but we desperately need a top class striker.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #130: Jun 10, 2015 04:09:42 pm
      So we should pay up to £35 million for Kovacic?
      No. £18m is reasonable. Which is close to the asking price of 25m Euros. Why would anybody pay 35m?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #131: Jun 10, 2015 04:24:15 pm
      No. £18m is reasonable. Which is close to the asking price of 25m Euros. Why would anybody pay 35m?

No one would.

But then again who would pay £25 million for Lallana except us?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #132: Jun 10, 2015 06:29:37 pm
      I think media are confusing the  £  with the €
       I have seen more than 10 different sums offered and asked for
       last I have seen are that inter are willing to sell @ £17 M , guess from what media....yes its the Metro
       have seen 25M -21m- 17M  15Min all in both   £ and  €  currency ,  every tabloid invents a sum
       sometimes comes a doubt we really are in for him or not

YNWA
      El..lam..Nino
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #133: Jun 10, 2015 07:00:28 pm

I do hope we sign this lad, he looks skilful, quick and unselfish. And it would be nice to have another midfielder take away some attention from Couts... because we all know managers are going to be telling their defenders to mark him closely.

IMO, Lallana guilty of playing too slow. In the days of Luis we opened up defences with quick 1 touch passes.  Last season when Lallana got the ball, he would flick it to his left, back to the right, do a little pirouette and by then the space is gone...
      p.s. The year we bought them, Lambert had more assists than Lallana.... in conclusion don't think Lallana is that creative and welcome any new additions.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #134: Jun 10, 2015 07:54:04 pm
      I do hope we sign this lad, he looks skilful, quick and unselfish. And it would be nice to have another midfielder take away some attention from Couts... because we all know managers are going to be telling their defenders to mark him closely.

IMO, Lallana guilty of playing too slow. In the days of Luis we opened up defences with quick 1 touch passes.  Last season when Lallana got the ball, he would flick it to his left, back to the right, do a little pirouette and by then the space is gone...
      p.s. The year we bought them, Lambert had more assists than Lallana.... in conclusion don't think Lallana is that creative and welcome any new additions.
      Lallana is a good player.  Interesting how you think he would replace Lallana.  Kovacic is a defensive midfielder that can play in centre. Lallana is an attacking midfielder that can play on the wing.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #135: Jun 10, 2015 07:59:54 pm
      Kovacic is a defensive midfielder that can play in centre.

no he isnt. kova is a am, a cam to be acurate. although he can play in cm but according to the inter fans on their forum, kova's best position is cam. so we are basically buying a proper attacking midfielder to play as a box to box midfielder.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #136: Jun 10, 2015 11:37:33 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  55m55 minutes ago
      Mancini: We have received no offers for Kovacic. #lfc
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #137: Jun 10, 2015 11:39:07 pm