Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

James Milner Player Thread

Read 71351 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,040 posts | 1743 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #1125: May 10, 2019 07:23:44 pm
      Pay him in ribena
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,773 posts | 100 
      Reply #1126: May 10, 2019 11:01:24 pm
      I know many think he isn't good enough for us and we can easily upgrade but I think the opposite.

Jürgen will find it very difficult to replace him and a player with his experience and versatility along with his quality are vital to any squad.

Spot on. He really is like a swiss army knife for our team. So damn reliable and useful.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,275 posts | 3536 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1127: May 10, 2019 11:33:49 pm
      I know many think he isn't good enough for us and we can easily upgrade but I think the opposite.

Jürgen will find it very difficult to replace him and a player with his experience and versatility along with his quality are vital to any squad.

I wouldn't say he isn't good enough but we can upgrade on him. I don't think it would be difficult to upgrade on him in terms of purely just ability, but it's everything else that goes with the game that he excels in. That's not to say bin off Milner though, it's not often you get players as versatile as him and given the relatively young age of the squad, he's a players the younger lads can learn a lot from. Even the players coming to the club from abroad too, what better way to adjust to a team and get fit during pre-season than being pushed all the way by Milner.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,437 posts | 3010 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1128: May 11, 2019 12:56:37 am
      Keep James for sure. Mr Versatile!
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,106 posts | 130 
      Reply #1129: May 11, 2019 03:58:13 am
      I would at least keep him until january offer him a year contract minimum.  Can we do better lets do it and then think about.  He is a good addition to the squad.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 36 
      Reply #1130: May 13, 2019 12:14:34 pm
      I have it from an unimpeachable source that Milly has a pre-contract in place with Leeds for next season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,275 posts | 3536 
      Reply #1131: May 13, 2019 12:20:47 pm
      I have it from an unimpeachable source that Milly has a pre-contract in place with Leeds for next season.

How can he have a pre-contract in place? He can only have that as of now if he was out of contract this summer. He’s still got another year on his contract so we’d have had to allow Leeds to talk to the player in order to agree anything for next season, something I very much doubt we are going to be doing at this stage of the season, distractions is something Klopp wouldn’t allow. So if he has got a contract agreed then they have illegally approached him.

I’d say your “source” is full of rubbish.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,753 posts | 3405 
      Reply #1132: May 13, 2019 12:33:16 pm

So your source is Donald Trump?
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 36 
      Reply #1133: May 13, 2019 12:55:54 pm
      So your source is Donald Trump?

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious! I thought we were in a mess with the Brexit debacle. The good people of the USA are f**ked with your present Presidential incumbent, he's laughing at everybody and everything!
      My source is from an ex-player of some stature.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,808 posts | 1882 
      Reply #1134: May 13, 2019 01:01:54 pm
      How can he have a pre-contract in place? He can only have that as of now if he was out of contract this summer. He’s still got another year on his contract so we’d have had to allow Leeds to talk to the player in order to agree anything for next season, something I very much doubt we are going to be doing at this stage of the season, distractions is something Klopp wouldn’t allow. So if he has got a contract agreed then they have illegally approached him.

https://twitter.com/LynchStandard/status/1085936577614876672

Can't see Klopp letting him go this summer, he has been immense for us with his versatility, leadership and performances ever since he set foot here. Deserves to win the PL next season with us!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 36 
      Reply #1135: May 13, 2019 01:03:33 pm

Well, it came from an ex-player of some stature, it was straight from his mouth, it was unsolicited. Furthermore he'd just walked out of Anfield fifteen minutes prior to him telling me and another person. So, time will tell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,275 posts | 3536 
      Reply #1136: May 13, 2019 01:50:11 pm
      Well, it came from an ex-player of some stature, it was straight from his mouth, it was unsolicited. Furthermore he'd just walked out of Anfield fifteen minutes prior to him telling me and another person. So, time will tell.

How would the ex player know? If your source is so happy to be telling people this then he’s obviously not bothered about any confidentiality.

Don’t believe a word of it.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | 74 
      Reply #1137: May 13, 2019 02:26:42 pm
      Klopp loves him. I think he will definitely be here next season.

Quick Reply