Trending Topics

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 200827 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #759: Aug 04, 2016 10:01:24 am
      With all the players this is Jürgen's team now and if he sees Milner as a wing back then only time will tell. I am really interested to see what happens at Arsenal we cannot say our pre season has not been intensive .
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #760: Aug 04, 2016 05:30:20 pm
      I don't think you get it, Klopp doesn't rate Hector as a £20m player. Anything that happens between now and January won't change that.
      No I get alright. Hector or another LB. I meant we should wait and see if Milner can cover until January if not then splash the cash😉
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #761: Aug 09, 2016 11:27:02 pm
      Any news on Milners injury?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #762: Aug 09, 2016 11:47:48 pm

He had a scan yesterday I think and it revealed a tore muscle in his foot. Apparently nothing too serious and there's still no confirmation he will miss the Arsenal game. He'll most likely make the bench and if not, he should be available for Burnley.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,510 posts | 710 
      Reply #763: Aug 10, 2016 01:59:34 am
      Klavan and Sahko can both play leftback apparently. I'd much rather these 2 over a right footed Milner tbh
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #764: Aug 11, 2016 06:51:24 am
      seriously? Klavan and Sakho can't do anything Milner can do at full back.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,533 posts | 3904 
      Reply #765: Aug 11, 2016 09:23:11 am
      F***ing love Milner. Superb professional. Never disappointed if he's in the team.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #766: Aug 11, 2016 09:24:40 am
      I don't think you get it, Klopp doesn't rate Hector as a £20m player. Anything that happens between now and January won't change that.

I wonder... (if any of what you say is any way close to being true): at what price would  Hector be good enough to play for Liverpool?

I'd love to see the equation used to figure that one out.  8)
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #767: Aug 11, 2016 04:51:00 pm
      I wonder... (if any of what you say is any way close to being true): at what price would  Hector be good enough to play for Liverpool?

I'd love to see the equation used to figure that one out.  8)

Something like:

Price other clubs would pay for player divided by 2 minus 1m by Ian Ayre +20m if they player for Southampton
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #768: Aug 11, 2016 05:27:45 pm
      Klavan and Sahko can both play leftback apparently. I'd much rather these 2 over a right footed Milner tbh

uhhh yes, but not very well....Milner is the most capable LB at the club.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #769: Aug 24, 2016 02:25:51 pm
      Milner did much more in midfield than Henderson from left back position. He is a hard-working player. Played very decently yesterday.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,375 posts | 1454 
      Reply #770: Aug 24, 2016 04:39:13 pm
      I thought Milner had a brilliant game last night,some may say it was only burton Albion but by  the same token he could have had  that very same attitude & not put In any effort but he didn't Every Time he got the ball he more often than not came forward  with the ball & used it to great effect,his link up play with origi was great to see & he was  at the centre of some of our great attacking play last night and I believe the lad deserves credit where credit is due regardless of the opposition.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #771: Aug 24, 2016 06:11:52 pm
      Milner is the type of player who I think can do really well in the games where he has space and when teams come at Liverpool.

However, as seen with Burnley, he's not the type of full back who could ever penetrate a heavily numbered deep lying defence. He's very predictable out on that left as he always has to switch to his right foot, and a deep lying defence can organise against that pretty well.

Looking back, in hindsight, Moreno would have had more in him to deliver a piercing ball from his left foot that could have potentially caused havoc in the Burnley defence. Perhaps it would be best to play Moreno in these types of games - they sure as hell aren't going to attack us much so he doesn't have to worry about defending!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #772: Sep 11, 2016 01:16:30 am
      Got to admit never been his biggest fan as a attacking player but boy the the way he had Mahrez in his back pocket makes you think maybe Klopp nows more about football tactics than than the FIFA gaming experts on the forum.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #773: Sep 11, 2016 01:31:52 am
      Thought he was great today.  Keeps that up, and with our light schedule, can't see everyone's favourite left back getting back in the side.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #774: Sep 11, 2016 01:56:25 am
      I was critical of him against Burnley, but he was boss against Spurs and again today!!  Well done lad :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #775: Sep 11, 2016 06:05:15 pm
      He is improving every game and he is solid defensively and he is comfortable with the ball (since he is a midfielder) plus he has a good pass and some energy. Keep it up James.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #776: Sep 11, 2016 06:32:55 pm
      In fairness to James and to Jürgen, if he plays like that at left back all season all of us who "can't believe we didn't buy a left back" will end up with egg on our faces. He was excellent, and even though I was impressed with the cameo pop-ups of Mahrez (I'm amazed people thought he was poor/anonymous) I thought James handled him pretty well. Then when he goes forward he's always liable to find a quality pass, much as he did for the first goal.

Keep it up indeed, if he carries on like that we don't have worries.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #777: Sep 11, 2016 09:07:19 pm
      Solid and unspectacular, but I'll take that from a full back, week in, week out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #778: Sep 12, 2016 09:01:09 am
      Didn't notice him so he must be doing something right.

Got to admit never been his biggest fan as a attacking player but boy the the way he had Mahrez in his back pocket makes you think maybe Klopp nows more about football tactics than than the FIFA gaming experts on the forum.

Oh, never noticed him either, well done Millny.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #779: Sep 17, 2016 07:33:44 pm
      Don't think many will agree but I thought Willian had the beating of James last night, got past him on a few occasions with a flic past and some pace. And he could easily have given a peno away, might have been given on another night. On another day, they might have made us pay.  In saying that, good going forward.

Still and all though, I'd have Milner in the first XI ahead of Moreno. In general he's done really well so far considering the position switch.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #780: Sep 17, 2016 08:50:03 pm
      Don't think many will agree but I thought Willian had the beating of James last night, got past him on a few occasions with a flic past and some pace. And he could easily have given a peno away, might have been given on another night. On another day, they might have made us pay.  In saying that, good going forward.

Still and all though, I'd have Milner in the first XI ahead of Moreno. In general he's done really well so far considering the position switch.

I'm a big fan of Milner's attitude and versatility. He reminds me of Steve Nicol who could play anywhere and to a lesser degree, Mark Lawrenson.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #781: Sep 19, 2016 05:32:49 pm
      Think he has done us proud at left back so far.

Still think we need another left back because last night I genuinely had a nightmare where he went down injured and Moreno had to come on.

To be fair, i'm not sure if Bert had a good game or not because I woke up at that precise moment in cold sweats.

Quick Reply