Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 199501 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Aug 24, 2018 01:56:44 pm
      Yeah, sure I heard recently he's the fittest player at Liverpool.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1013: Aug 24, 2018 02:07:00 pm
      Yeah, sure I heard recently he's the fittest player at Liverpool.

Doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, trains every day.
      Fit as a fiddle.
      The fella's a machine.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1014: Aug 25, 2018 06:23:21 pm
      Hang on though, where are the people who said "his legs are gone"?

He's one of the fittest players in the league, and he shows it time and time again.

Don’t remember seeing anyone saying his legs had gone, it’s been well known he’s in the best condition of all our players under Klopp.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1015: Aug 25, 2018 06:31:56 pm
      Don’t remember seeing anyone saying his legs had gone, it’s been well known he’s in the best condition of all our players under Klopp.

They have.

Certain posters think if any player is over 30, "his legs have gone".
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1016: Aug 25, 2018 07:44:36 pm
      Evergreen this lad, he is just a machine... Had another superb game putting his body on the line a number of times, worth every penny we spent on him :)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1017: Aug 25, 2018 07:49:09 pm
      Evergreen this lad, he is just a machine... Had another superb game putting his body on the line a number of times, worth every penny we spent on him :)

Took a couple of late, heavy challenges but just shrugged them off as if they were nothing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1018: Aug 26, 2018 01:43:55 pm
      No one questions having Milner in the first team‭ anymore.

That says it all. He’s been a fantastic signing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1019: Aug 26, 2018 04:38:16 pm
      They have.

Certain posters think if any player is over 30, "his legs have gone".

Fair to say I've probably made that comment in the past, happy to be proven wrong though and was easily my motm yesterday.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1020: Aug 29, 2018 04:06:08 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1022: Sep 01, 2018 10:04:04 pm
      Stat Fact on Milly    1/9/18.

Liverpool midfielder James Milner has now registered 80 Premier League assists, the same number as David Beckham.
      Only six players have more in the competition.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1023: Sep 06, 2018 05:06:07 pm
      Stat Fact on Milly    1/9/18.

Liverpool midfielder James Milner has now registered 80 Premier League assists, the same number as David Beckham.
      Only six players have more in the competition.

Also joined Barry, Delap and Speed as the only players to make 100 appearances for 3 different top flight teams.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1024: Sep 15, 2018 02:39:26 pm
      Amazing player.  Lead by example as Captain today.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1025: Sep 15, 2018 03:02:46 pm
      Outstanding player and true role model.

That said - and I get majority don’t see it the same - I don’t agree motm today (Gini for me).

Moreover I actually think he’s been more combative than imposing / impressive since Palace away.

I’m still delighted we’ve got him and he’s making a fine contribution. Long may it continue.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1026: Sep 16, 2018 09:00:36 am
      James F***ing Milner everybody, what a player. He was EVERYWHERE at Wembley.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1027: Sep 16, 2018 09:16:29 am
      If you told me that after signing the players we did in the summer, along with the players already here, that Milner would be our best player so far, I wouldn’t have thought that would be the case.

Getting better and better the older he gets.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1028: Sep 16, 2018 10:46:30 am
      Amazing player.  Lead by example as Captain today.
      A very deserving player of the captains armband,unreal he is.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #1029: Sep 17, 2018 11:18:59 am
      Question for those more knowledgeable than me.   If anyone read my introduction post to this site, you know this is only my second year watching proper football  (I dont even watch the NFL anymore).  Last season I read the moaning about Milner and somewhat understood why the complaints. But even my untrained eye sees a difference. 
         My question is what has prompted the change?  Is it quality around him allowing him to play more loose?  Is it experience? Not football experience but experience under Kloop. Something is different but I haven't been a fan long enough to know why.

Since I've only known American football, his change reminds me of a linebacker that  now has the security of knowing the defensive backs behind him will handle their responsibilities thus allowing him to put 100% into his role without the worry of those behind him mucking things up.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1030: Sep 17, 2018 11:30:00 am
      Question for those more knowledgeable than me.   If anyone read my introduction post to this site, you know this is only my second year watching proper football  (I dont even watch the NFL anymore).  Last season I read the moaning about Milner and somewhat understood why the complaints. But even my untrained eye sees a difference. 
         My question is what has prompted the change?  Is it quality around him allowing him to play more loose?  Is it experience? Not football experience but experience under Kloop. Something is different but I haven't been a fan long enough to know why.

Since I've only known American football, his change reminds me of a linebacker that  now has the security of knowing the defensive backs behind him will handle their responsibilities thus allowing him to put 100% into his role without the worry of those behind him mucking things up.
      Probably a bit of both,the gaffer takes a lot of the praise as do the players around him but ultimately it's down to the shear desire to still want to play at such a high level.
      I've said it before some players around his age are happy just to pick up their wages and see out their career with doing very little but not jimmy Milner,I mean their are players half his age that don't put in half the graft he does a real credit to our club
      & himself & is deserving of all the praise he gets .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1031: Sep 17, 2018 12:15:10 pm

IMO it's a combination of Klopp's coaching, Milners willingness to learn, and a summer spent being coached instead of playing in the World Cup.
      He's always been one of the fittest players around, and that benefits him as well at this stage of the season when so many players are still shaking off a bit of rust.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #1032: Sep 17, 2018 07:06:39 pm
      He’s the ultimate professional. A lot of players half his age could and should take a leaf out of his book? I’m just made up we have him he’s a brilliant player 👍
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1033: Sep 17, 2018 07:24:23 pm
      IMO it's a combination of Klopp's coaching, Milners willingness to learn, and a summer spent being coached instead of playing in the World Cup.
      He's always been one of the fittest players around, and that benefits him as well at this stage of the season when so many players are still shaking off a bit of rust.

Plus he ain’t that old, people talking like he’s 40.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1034: Sep 17, 2018 07:31:19 pm
      Plus he ain’t that old, people talking like he’s 40.

Yeah, I don't get the whole age thing.
      The guy is fitter than most 21 year olds, much fitter.

He doesn't drink or smoke either, although I hear he's partial to some ribena when celebrating ;)

Quick Reply