Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 199386 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Dec 13, 2019 06:14:53 pm
      5 years mate Milly's only entering his prime now the beast  ;)

That means we have a fit player for every outfield position for half a decade!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1220: Dec 13, 2019 06:20:45 pm
      Well done and you deserve it. Fit as anyone if not better.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1221: Dec 13, 2019 06:29:18 pm
      I think this send a very good message to the current player and future recruits.  It says to me that we will negotiate hard and get the best transfer deals for incoming players.  But once a player proves himself we will give the best reward possible. 
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1222: Dec 13, 2019 06:57:56 pm
      Another warranted Contract experience and stamina great player to have around the squad and what Klopp loves versatile
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1223: Dec 13, 2019 07:02:29 pm
      Excellent news! 😁
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1224: Dec 13, 2019 07:57:42 pm
      Made up me..fully deserved & see him getting a coaching role too..

Great advert for Ribena.. 😂
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1225: Dec 13, 2019 08:08:49 pm
      Best day ever! I’m pissed on route home from work after a boozy all day lunch and I’m buzzing for Klopp (And backroom staff) and Milner!!

Unreal
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1226: Dec 13, 2019 08:23:19 pm
      The day gets better that’s fookin brilliant news! I’ve been whingeing about the lack of movement on this one a page back and noes he signed on love it! Leeds can have him when he’s 40!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1227: Dec 13, 2019 08:38:02 pm
      3 year contract am impressed with that!  seriously?

Surprises me the length of it. I guess if anyone can keep playing at the highest standard until he's 36 it's him. All the noise I'd heard was about him wanting to go back to Yorkshire so I wonder if there are any stipulations for the final year or something - maybe a small transfer release clause for Leeds or something.

I've got no problem with this mind, I'm just surprised. He clearly is an important part of the group, probably including tomorrow as a starter.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1228: Dec 13, 2019 08:43:13 pm
      I love that the club are trying their very best to distract us today, it's f**king brilliant if you think about it.

Nice one Millie lad.

You'd think they might want to spread their good news out over at least a few days, but I guess not.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1229: Dec 13, 2019 08:44:03 pm
      Best day ever! I’m pissed on route home from work after a boozy all day lunch and I’m buzzing for Klopp (And backroom staff) and Milner!!

Unreal

Don't forget Minamino!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1230: Dec 13, 2019 09:36:49 pm
      Surprises me the length of it. I guess if anyone can keep playing at the highest standard until he's 36 it's him. All the noise I'd heard was about him wanting to go back to Yorkshire so I wonder if there are any stipulations for the final year or something - maybe a small transfer release clause for Leeds or something.

I've got no problem with this mind, I'm just surprised. He clearly is an important part of the group, probably including tomorrow as a starter.

Robby I don't think it is just Milners playing ability that the club have extended his contract for.By all accounts he has a big influence on the players in the dressing room and that goes a long way to the harmony we see from the squad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1231: Dec 13, 2019 09:39:49 pm
      Robby I don't think it is just Milners playing ability that the club have extended his contract for.By all accounts he has a big influence on the players in the dressing room and that goes a long way to the harmony we see from the squad.

If our youngsters dedicate themselves, like he has we’re in for a hell of a ride , a proper role model and a winner .
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1232: Dec 13, 2019 10:02:18 pm
      3 year contract am impressed with that!  seriously?
      .2 years
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1233: Dec 13, 2019 11:25:10 pm

I see it as 3 year contract we are not even half way through the season.  I see where you are coming from 2 year extension.  But for me I see it as a very good and fair offer for a player that has been so professional worked tirelessly for the team played out of position for the cause.  He is 34 years old and at that age no matter how fit you are things can go against you very quickly.   For a club that strives to keep our finances efficient it is a bold move.   Am all for it. 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1234: Dec 14, 2019 07:12:54 am
      Top professional and a role model for younger players.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1235: Dec 14, 2019 07:21:05 am
      Top professional and a role model for younger players.

Yeah, im glad he extended his contract, young fellas at the club can still learn a lot from him on and off the pitch.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1236: Dec 14, 2019 08:36:38 am
      Crazy to think this guy is just 2 months younger than Wayne Rooney, who is now player/coach at Derby.

I don’t see his level dropping any time soon and hope to see him around until the end of his contract (maybe even after it).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1237: Dec 14, 2019 09:07:59 am
      Not many 33 year olds could earn a 2 year contract extension at a club the size of liverpool.

Just shows how fit he is. Top professional
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1238: Dec 14, 2019 10:39:28 am
      Milner told BBC that the boss waited to sign his contract before the boss signed his own, and that made him feel important.

I'm not questioning milners abilities here, he is a tank and proper fit player but I think boss wants him not just for what he does on the pitch but off it too.

One of klopps strengths are keeping the squad happy and playing for each other, seems to me that milner is vital part of it that puzzle.

I personally would want him at Liverpool staff after his playing career is over, let him take his coaching badges. See how klopp works and nurtare him to take over klopp when that day comes.

I love stevie, but let's not all gamble on one horse. Let stevie do his thing at rangers and milner under klopp. See who is more capable to manage when that day comes.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1239: Dec 14, 2019 10:47:17 am
      Still the fittest guy at the club. When you have a 33 year old like that it's just such a positive example for everyone else at the club. Thank you for everything so far Milly, here's to many more medals as a Red.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1240: Dec 14, 2019 10:49:39 am
      Still the fittest guy at the club. When you have a 33 year old like that it's just such a positive example for everyone else at the club. Thank you for everything so far Milly, here's to many more medals as a Red.

Yeah, physically he is the beast, good to keep him around.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1241: Dec 14, 2019 11:29:36 am
      It was a no brained. Versatility, toughness, leadership and the best ‘under pressure’ penno taker in the league. He would have been very tough to replace. City let Fabian Delph go and it has cost them with all the problems they are having at full-back this season. Milner gives Klopp so many options because of his ability to play in either full back position, Asa centre mid or if we are trying to bliss a game he can also play him wide. It’s a huge signing in My eyes.

Quick Reply