Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Martin Skrtel (Internazionale)

Read 9358 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Martin Skrtel (Internazionale)
      Reply #46: Jun 04, 2015 08:27:33 pm
      can this tragic wreck of a club do anything right?

BR obvs wants rid of skrtel the same way he did agger, just so he can pair lovren with williams

It's quite difficult to use a player that the club doesn't have though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Jun 04, 2015 08:37:22 pm
      I can't be the only one who thought he was pretty wretched in the first half of the season?

Nonetheless, he had an excellent second half of the season particularly during that great run of form between December and March. As a senior member of the team who has been with us for 7 years and still young enough it's no wonder he feels harshly done by.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #48: Jun 04, 2015 08:51:35 pm
      I can't be the only one who thought he was pretty wretched in the first half of the season?

Nonetheless, he had an excellent second half of the season particularly during that great run of form between December and March. As a senior member of the team who has been with us for 7 years and still young enough it's no wonder he feels harshly done by.

No, you're not. Skrtel was abysmal, as was just about everybody else in the back.

He looked damn good in the back three though. Not so much when we returned to a back 4.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 04, 2015 11:31:40 pm
      No need for player incentives, give him a 3 year contract, he has another 2 seasons in him I feel and we could sell for cut price so we can move on.

We need him starting so he can motivate the team, can you really see Lovren and Sakho doing that? Plus it is crucial with Gerrard gone and Henderson may not have as much respect as Gerrard did.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #50: Jun 04, 2015 11:32:28 pm
      We need him starting so he can motivate the team, can you really see Lovren and Sakho doing that?

I'm a big fan of Skrtel but he is no more a motivator than either of those two mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #51: Jun 04, 2015 11:39:49 pm
      No, you're not. Skrtel was abysmal, as was just about everybody else in the back.

He looked damn good in the back three though. Not so much when we returned to a back 4.

Never been a fan of his in a back 4. Think he's been vastly overrated in that position and it showed with a abysmal first half of the season. But like you said back 3 was where he looked more comfortable. He's never inspired confidence in me that he's a leader though - not of a defence and certainly not of a team.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 04, 2015 11:47:40 pm
      I'm a big fan of Skrtel but he is no more a motivator than either of those two mate.
      I suppose you're right after reflecting on it.

He motivates more by example than anything else.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Jun 05, 2015 05:42:05 am
      Best centre half we have - by a country mile - and has a good understanding with Mama (if or when he plays).

The alternative 'senior' players  (should we lose him) - the rag-doll which is Dejan, alongside Mama if he's fit. Crazy.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Jun 05, 2015 05:58:14 am
      If there's a better CB out there than Skrtel who can play the way Brendan wants him to -- and there are several -- by all means get him.

Problem is, I have no confidence in our ability to sign any of these CBs.

You would have though Agger was the ball playing center back Brendan wanted, time has proven otherwise.

Don't think he knows himself mate.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Jun 05, 2015 06:44:32 am
      I really don't think the lad is irreplaceable. If a decent offer comes in and we have an solid, adequate replacement lined up, I wouldn't be particularly sad to see him go. I'm happy to admit he has been decent at times, I've just never had the confidence in him like I did with the likes of Carragher and Hyypia. How good would it be to have these two back paying  in their prime again!

Of course finding a decent, realisitic replacement is easier said than done I guess. Anyone have any thoughts on who would be possible signing?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #56: Jun 05, 2015 12:26:52 pm
      i like him but i've been saying since BR came in his place has not been safe, yes he gets game time but why would BR buy so many CBS since arriving?

he wants footballers from the back and Skrtel is a solid hardman type player, would be a shame if its true that we low balled him but i honestly dont think BR see's him in his plans. By now the amount of time he's been there he should be skipper but he's not a leader which is something we need at the back. what Kolo lacks now in legs he makes up with his commandship and leadership.
      if a decent offer comes in we will sell
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,229 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2015 07:19:05 pm
      Best player over the last season, our management our staggering we are in big trouble under our American owners
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,229 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2015 07:22:06 pm
      i like him but i've been saying since BR came in his place has not been safe, yes he gets game time but why would BR buy so many CBS since arriving?

he wants footballers from the back and Skrtel is a solid hardman type player, would be a shame if its true that we low balled him but i honestly dont think BR see's him in his plans. By now the amount of time he's been there he should be skipper but he's not a leader which is something we need at the back. what Kolo lacks now in legs he makes up with his commandship and leadership.
      if a decent offer comes in we will sell

Then why buy CB like Sakho and Loveren then !
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #59: Jun 16, 2015 04:49:29 pm

Then why buy CB like Sakho and Loveren then !
      what do you mean mate? i rate Skrtel but i think someone in the coaching staff,management staff must not rate him as highly as we do as like you said why would we buy Sakho and Lovren for a combined 38mil if they think Skrtel is the long term CB for LFC. i hope he stays and we sort out a new deal as i think he's been decent since being dropped that season cara played. he does make massive mistakes from time to time which last season he seem to iron out, but i think this latest offer is the last straw and i dont think he will stay if a decent offer comes in as he wants to feel appreciated and rightly so.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,322 posts | 1007 
      Reply #60: Jun 18, 2015 08:46:43 am
      Reading today that he's turned down a move to Inter and is ready to sign a new contract. Good news if true.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2015 08:47:33 am
      Brilliant news.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,496 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2015 10:56:07 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2015 11:11:58 am
      I guess this is a reliable source, so locking this down.

Quick Reply