Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Colin Pascoe sacked

Read 65650 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Colin Pascoe sacked
      Reply #368: Jun 08, 2015 08:34:13 am
      Well at least something is changing, suppose backroom staff is minimum FSG could do.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #369: Jun 08, 2015 09:52:18 am
      Well i did call it a few weeks back when i posted a thread about if he's good enough as a no2 and it seems FSG seem to agree, i'm glad he's gone think he was never good enough for Livepool.
      Small club mentallity we need winners behind Rogers if he is to become a top coach/manager. i'm sure we will get it right this time.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #370: Jun 08, 2015 09:53:50 am
      Well i did call it a few weeks back when i posted a thread about if he's good enough as a no2 and it seems FSG seem to agree, i'm glad he's gone think he was never good enough for Livepool.
      Small club mentallity we need winners behind Rogers if he is to become a top coach/manager. i'm sure we will get it right this time.

So, FSG are taking advice from you now eh young lad? If so, how about telling them to fuuk Mario, Lambert, Borini off and get us Auguero and Lacazette. While you are at it may as well ask for Pogba. ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #371: Jun 08, 2015 09:56:42 am
      So no point discussing it then?

Ah. I see why you have a bee in your bonnet now Bill but as ever you have entirely missed the point.

Now your detective work hasn't been as thorough as you would have liked it to have been because liked because if it was you would have picked up on that pesky little question mark at the end of that sentence.

That was me suggesting to Skip that from his point of view there was no point in debating the issue.

Any more of my posts you want to dig up so we can analyse them?

The Skip bit is wrong but I have been debating with him as well.

As for admitting being wrong I think you'll be waiting a long time Bill.

You still not sure what a question mark means?

I'm willing to explain it again if you want but I think you need to have a lie down mate as you're making a point that has no point.

Ok. 

I'm sure the Mods will be onto me in the morning mate.

I'm going to leave it here but I'd advise you to re read post 352 and have a wee think.

I was suggesting that according to you there was no point in discussing it based on what you posted in a previous post.

The question mark indicated that I was asking a question not making a statement.

Narky old lot ?

You're cracking me up you really are. You cant be that stupid and ignorant surely ?

You've been on a wind up for over a week now ...... asking stupid questions ..... getting answers and coming back on things again.

Like I've already said quoting from a Disney Pixar film :

" Your wasting my time" .

You're like a mushroom.   

You chop Hollywood down and in  the dark another mushroom pops up...... and don't forget what a mushroom is.
      Something that is grown in the dark and loves bullshit.

So I will make an excuse for your ridiculous posts and put it all down to your menstrual cycle.
      Take your meds if you are on any  and  BTW   Get off Billys back .   

Ps This is me being nice .   ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #372: Jun 08, 2015 10:00:39 am
      But Debs, isn't it the old LFC way - We keep everything behind closed doors and will let you know when we have something to tell you?

If FSG are doing something behind closed doors then isn't it good, i.e. change from what we had past season? Surely, change in personnel that we wanted, e.g. defensive coach. So, they may like BR because he tows the line and is a good coach but needs help. Perhaps, the TC is being disbanded or restructured with may be DOF coming in.

They will let us know when there is something to say.

Of course it's how it should be mate, as an old arse it's what I expect.  I hate all the political sh*t that gets leaked to the press so for me it's a welcome relief.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #373: Jun 08, 2015 10:07:11 am
      Thank F**k for this. At least 2 years too late but at least it's done now. Should never have been here, no experience, no balls and no brain. Nice to see the comfort blanket being removed. An absolute disgrace that he was ever given a position of authority at a Club like ours. I'd love to say thank you, but there is nothing to be grateful for.

Hopefully the Club let him keep his A4 folder, with a bit of luck, in the next ten years he may just be able to get to the right page before the substitute gets on the pitch. Better still, he might learn to keep tactical instructions in his memory.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #374: Jun 08, 2015 10:11:24 am
      I find it all a bit strange and don't quite get it.

Will BR be forced to have new members chosen by the club rather than himself?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #375: Jun 08, 2015 10:14:27 am
      I find it all a bit strange and don't quite get it.

Will BR be forced to have new members chosen by the club rather than himself?

I don' think BR will have any say in the matter, he will just do as he is told.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #376: Jun 08, 2015 10:51:13 am
      I don' think BR will have any say in the matter, he will just do as he is told.

;D.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #377: Jun 08, 2015 11:06:12 am
      Narky old lot ?

You're cracking me up you really are. You cant be that stupid and ignorant surely ?

You've been on a wind up for over a week now ...... asking stupid questions ..... getting answers and coming back on things again.

Like I've already said quoting from a Disney Pixar film :

" Your wasting my time" .

You're like a mushroom.   

You chop Hollywood down and in  the dark another mushroom pops up...... and don't forget what a mushroom is.
      Something that is grown in the dark and loves bullshit.

So I will make an excuse for your ridiculous posts and put it all down to your menstrual cycle.
      Take your meds if you are on any  and  BTW   Get off Billys back .   

Ps This is me being nice .   ;D

I've been debating Skip.

I have asked questions that's right mate but more often than not the question has not been answered and been sidetracked.

That's no problem mate as everyone can read what's posted and make their own mind up.

As for what Billy and I were discussing last night he thought he was being intelligent but still can't realise that he read that sentence wrong.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #378: Jun 08, 2015 11:22:05 am
      What I don't understand is why some people deem Pascoe to be a less than useful assistant manager.

We really don't know what he's like. Sure FSG got rid of him; but aren't we supposed to  be not trusting them at all to make good decisions?

Perhaps this is the definition of a 'Scapegoat'
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #379: Jun 08, 2015 11:27:53 am
      What I don't understand is why some people deem Pascoe to be a less than useful assistant manager.

We really don't know what he's like. Sure FSG got rid of him; but aren't we supposed to  be not trusting them at all to make good decisions?

Its all guess work Rush.

He might be the best coach around or he might be as useless as many think he is but it's almost irrelevant and his input is likely to be minimal as Brendan is very much a hands in coach.

The interesting thing ahead is will Brendan start to take more advice from whoever is hired as that is the only reason for firing the backroom staff and not the manager.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #380: Jun 08, 2015 12:00:18 pm
      I've been debating Skip.

I have asked questions that's right mate but more often than not the question has not been answered and been sidetracked.

That's no problem mate as everyone can read what's posted and make their own mind up.

As for what Billy and I were discussing last night he thought he was being intelligent but still can't realise that he read that sentence wrong.

Debating?

Is that what you thought it was ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #381: Jun 08, 2015 12:01:56 pm
      Debating?

Is that what you thought it was ?

Yep.

You know posing a question and waiting for a reply.

Then coming back with a counter point.

Almost certain that's how it works.

No?

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #382: Jun 08, 2015 12:15:14 pm

Look in the relevant threads made about him mate. He was sacked for a reason. He is nowhere near good enough for our Club and never would have been.

No disrespect meant here but he was way out of his League at Liverpool Football Club. I never saw any form of interaction from him during games, i could go on and on but i won't, he's gone now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #383: Jun 08, 2015 12:58:58 pm
      Look in the relevant threads made about him mate. He was sacked for a reason. He is nowhere near good enough for our Club and never would have been.

No disrespect meant here but he was way out of his League at Liverpool Football Club. I never saw any form of interaction from him during games, i could go on and on but i won't, he's gone now.

Perhaps

About all I ever saw him do was sit about and grin that grin of his but that doesn't tell us much. My question wasn't so much a criticism of anyone - it was more a case of fishing for answers.

Anyway he's gone now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #384: Jun 08, 2015 01:01:30 pm

Fair play Hardcore.

If memory serves me you were one who always said that you'd like Brendan to stay but with a revamped coaching team so now that that has happened do you still think Brendan can do a good job next season?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #385: Jun 08, 2015 02:24:07 pm
      I personally think the sacking of Brendans coaching staff and in particular his right hand man can do little but undermine him. That said, our manager is in for an interesting insight into how other managers work. It's entirely feasible that while Brendan has always liked working with Pascoe and thinks he does an excellent job, when we appoint someone else (Pako for example) he'll think "F*ck me this guys a genius, why did I put up with that idiot Pascoe for so long?". He may not think that obviously, but it's certainly possible.

For my part I'm just glad we've got someone else to study for the body language experts. Equally, if we DO suddenly start playing well whoever is the new assistant is going to be instantly elevated to the status of the messiah in some posters eyes. If we win our first two matches there'll be plenty of "You can already see the influence of Joe Bloggs, I'm not being funny we should f*ck off Rodgers and make him the manager" flying around. Lose our first two and it'll be f*ck all to do with him, kind of a win win really. Where do we apply?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #386: Jun 08, 2015 02:26:03 pm
      For my part I'm just glad we've got someone else to study for the body language experts. Equally, if we DO suddenly start playing well whoever is the new assistant is going to be instantly elevated to the status of the messiah in some posters eyes. If we win our first two matches there'll be plenty of "You can already see the influence of Joe Bloggs, I'm not being funny we should f*ck off Rodgers and make him the manager" flying around. Lose our first two and it'll be f*ck all to do with him, kind of a win win really. Where do we apply?

Haha sadly true
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #387: Jun 08, 2015 02:41:20 pm
      I personally think the sacking of Brendans coaching staff and in particular his right hand man can do little but undermine him. That said, our manager is in for an interesting insight into how other managers work. It's entirely feasible that while Brendan has always liked working with Pascoe and thinks he does an excellent job, when we appoint someone else (Pako for example) he'll think "F*ck me this guys a genius, why did I put up with that idiot Pascoe for so long?". He may not think that obviously, but it's certainly possible.

Don't remember anyone on here talking about Pascoe or Marsh's body language, just the level of their expertise.
      So no matter what happens in future, it will all be shallow because we aren't allowed to think things are better and have faith or something?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #388: Jun 08, 2015 02:43:39 pm
      Don't remember anyone on here talking about Pascoe or Marsh's body language

It happened.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #389: Jun 08, 2015 02:48:15 pm
      Oh yes, and it was glorious ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #390: Jun 08, 2015 03:19:53 pm