Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Colin Pascoe sacked

Read 65139 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Colin Pascoe sacked
      Reply #391: Jun 08, 2015 03:55:14 pm
      I thought we did mate. Didn't we all want Balotelli last summer? ;)

You know what lad, you are bang on like! His fantastic Suarez like performances made me completely forget.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #392: Jun 08, 2015 04:13:23 pm
      You know what lad, you are bang on like! His fantastic Suarez like performances made me completely forget.

Don't forget, for quite some time Suarez "weren't a natural finisher" either. So Mario is half way there.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #393: Jun 08, 2015 08:25:52 pm
      Yep.

You know posing a question and waiting for a reply.

Then coming back with a counter point.

Almost certain that's how it works.

No?

It pays to remember who you are debating with, at times you could not recall if it was Skip or myself .I think you were off your head, not sure if it was booze or other stuff but whatever it was you should stay off it
       Back on topic Pascoe took the bullet for his mate Rodgers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #394: Jun 08, 2015 08:48:15 pm
      It pays to remember who you are debating with, at times you could not recall if it was Skip or myself .I think you were off your head, not sure if it was booze or other stuff but whatever it was you should stay off it

Jesus Billy that's below the belt, there's absolutely no need for personal insults or insinuations towards anyone.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #395: Jun 08, 2015 09:56:50 pm
      Fair play Hardcore.

If memory serves me you were one who always said that you'd like Brendan to stay but with a revamped coaching team so now that that has happened do you still think Brendan can do a good job next season?

Careful here. Its debating .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #396: Jun 08, 2015 09:59:05 pm
      Jesus Billy that's below the belt, there's absolutely no need for personal insults or insinuations towards anyone.

Its true Debs. Arrows were going in cross directions .....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #397: Jun 08, 2015 10:14:13 pm
      When I read The Top Posts menu it looks as if Hardcoresoldier sacked Colin Pascoe.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #398: Jun 08, 2015 10:50:01 pm

I made a mistake Bill as I acknowledged last night but wasn't 'off my head' as you put it.

Back on topic.

You worked out what a question mark is supposed to mean yet? ;)

Literally no idea what this nonsense is about Skip.

Keep it up mate. I'm sure we'll crack the code at some point.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #399: Jun 09, 2015 07:52:22 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #400: Jun 09, 2015 08:03:38 am
      Still nothing on the Official Club site about Pascoe .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #401: Jun 10, 2015 10:51:24 am
      Fair play Hardcore.

If memory serves me you were one who always said that you'd like Brendan to stay but with a revamped coaching team so now that that has happened do you still think Brendan can do a good job next season?

Yes i do mate. There was so much baggage with Pascoe, there was the relationship between Theo and Mischa, never sat right with me. I never thought that was healthy, it may sound a strange reason but the relationship between Brendan and Colin had to be purely professional, with what was going on between their children the lines became blurred.

Posters are welcome to call that bollocks if they like but i am convinced that it was affecting their ability to do the job in a professional manner. That's not the only reason mind, Pascoe did F**k all as a player and even less as a coach. I'm no body language expert either but you didn't need to be one to see he clearly didn't know what the F**k he was doing. He had no charisma, he commanded no respect, nobody really knew who he was or what he did.

He's gone now and i am glad this is the case. Whoever his new assistant is, whether it be Pako, Clarke, Sami, Carra or Thommo, i'll be happy that we have somebody who is capable of doing a good job. Pascoe was a handicap, he was a yes man.

Brendan needs strong characters who will question him, he won't get it right all the time. I can't really comment on whether Brendan had a 'Colin, you are F**k all' attitude or not but if he did then that is now going to stop. A good assistant is what Brendan needs and i'm confident that if he lets good advice in then he will progress successfully.

If he can accept that others will occasionally have better ideas than he will then he will grow as a manager and a man.

This Season coming is his last chance, progress or be sacked, it really is that simple. It is vital that we install a strong assistant, it could be our most important signing of the Summer.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #402: Jun 10, 2015 11:01:46 am
      I personally think the sacking of Brendans coaching staff and in particular his right hand man can do little but undermine him. That said, our manager is in for an interesting insight into how other managers work. It's entirely feasible that while Brendan has always liked working with Pascoe and thinks he does an excellent job, when we appoint someone else (Pako for example) he'll think "F*ck me this guys a genius, why did I put up with that idiot Pascoe for so long?". He may not think that obviously, but it's certainly possible.

For my part I'm just glad we've got someone else to study for the body language experts. Equally, if we DO suddenly start playing well whoever is the new assistant is going to be instantly elevated to the status of the messiah in some posters eyes. If we win our first two matches there'll be plenty of "You can already see the influence of Joe Bloggs, I'm not being funny we should f*ck off Rodgers and make him the manager" flying around. Lose our first two and it'll be f*ck all to do with him, kind of a win win really. Where do we apply?

It has undermined him bigmick. It needed doing though. It all points to things going on that many posters passed comment on. Sounds like the attitude was too relaxed and comfortable, a holiday camp if you like. I think it's a good thing that Pascoe is fu**ed off. The nodding dog is now gone and hopefully a stern assistant will take his place.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #403: Jun 10, 2015 11:03:46 am
      Still nothing on the Official Club site about Pascoe .

There are probably more important articles to put on there Skip, like the half price LFC slippers!  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #404: Jun 10, 2015 11:24:19 am
      Surprised Gerrard is surprised with back room changes, after the sh1te the players & staff served up last season, something had to change.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #405: Jun 10, 2015 11:26:28 am
      Yes i do mate. There was so much baggage with Pascoe, there was the relationship between Theo and Mischa, never sat right with me. I never thought that was healthy, it may sound a strange reason but the relationship between Brendan and Colin had to be purely professional, with what was going on between their children the lines became blurred.

Posters are welcome to call that bollocks if they like but i am convinced that it was affecting their ability to do the job in a professional manner. That's not the only reason mind, Pascoe did f**k all as a player and even less as a coach. I'm no body language expert either but you didn't need to be one to see he clearly didn't know what the f**k he was doing. He had no charisma, he commanded no respect, nobody really knew who he was or what he did.

He's gone now and i am glad this is the case. Whoever his new assistant is, whether it be Pako, Clarke, Sami, Carra or Thommo, i'll be happy that we have somebody who is capable of doing a good job. Pascoe was a handicap, he was a yes man.

Brendan needs strong characters who will question him, he won't get it right all the time. I can't really comment on whether Brendan had a 'Colin, you are f**k all' attitude or not but if he did then that is now going to stop. A good assistant is what Brendan needs and i'm confident that if he lets good advice in then he will progress successfully.

If he can accept that others will occasionally have better ideas than he will then he will grow as a manager and a man.

This Season coming is his last chance, progress or be sacked, it really is that simple. It is vital that we install a strong assistant, it could be our most important signing of the Summer.

Not sure that I agree with it all, but nevertheless that is a good reasoned post.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #406: Jun 10, 2015 12:25:33 pm
      regardless of Pascoe's and Marsh's abilities it still seems rather odd to sack them without it appears much of a fight from Brendan.
      Strange things going on at Anfield it really isnt clear which direction the club is going in. Brendan has to have the final say in who becomes his assistant or his position must be considered under threat. At some point we will know the truth about the Pascoe's sacking and the press will be waiting to ask this very question.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #407: Jun 10, 2015 01:19:04 pm
      There are probably more important articles to put on there Skip, like the half price LFC slippers!  :lmao:

CP or BR monogrammed ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #408: Jun 10, 2015 02:12:15 pm
      regardless of Pascoe's and Marsh's abilities it still seems rather odd to sack them without it appears much of a fight from Brendan.
      Strange things going on at Anfield it really isnt clear which direction the club is going in. Brendan has to have the final say in who becomes his assistant or his position must be considered under threat. At some point we will know the truth about the Pascoe's sacking and the press will be waiting to ask this very question.

I don't think so mate.  I've seen it happen quite often in all walks of life where one partner outgrows the other and they part ways.  It's called personal growth, so if Brendan feels he can do the job better with someone else then he's not going to let sentiment get in his way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #409: Jun 10, 2015 06:26:42 pm
      I don't think so mate.  I've seen it happen quite often in all walks of life where one partner outgrows the other and they part ways.  It's called personal growth, so if Brendan feels he can do the job better with someone else then he's not going to let sentiment get in his way.

football is different and Manager like Rafa and Maureen have their teams that travel around with them. Maybe the writing was on the wall when Brendan signed an extension but his backroom staff didnt.
      Why do you think this was Brendan's choice? it looks like FSG's mitts all over this. We will know more when we get someone appointed I still remember poor Roy Evans having Houlier foisted upon him.We all know what happend to Roy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #410: Jun 10, 2015 06:37:30 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #411: Jun 10, 2015 06:49:11 pm

What's the point here Walton?

We were on a fantastic run at the time and Brendan praised his assistants as you would expect most competent managers to do.

So what?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #412: Jun 10, 2015 06:49:34 pm
      football is different and Manager like Rafa and Maureen have their teams that travel around with them. Maybe the writing was on the wall when Brendan signed an extension but his backroom staff didnt.
      Why do you think this was Brendan's choice? it looks like FSG's mitts all over this. We will know more when we get someone appointed I still remember poor Roy Evans having Houlier foisted upon him.We all know what happend to Roy.

To them football isn't different though Walt, it's business and in any case they don't always take the same team with them and if they do, they don't always stay together. 

Pako said in that recent interview that he and Rafa were going in different directions which caused the split.  Mourinhos last Assistant at Real is now Manager at Middlesbrough. 

Assistant Managers move on to become Managers in their own right, if they have anything about them.  Ditching Pascoe, regardless of who did it, shows for me anyway that Brendan has outgrown him.  He didn't bring any coaches with him, Marsh was already at the Academy and was promoted by Brendan.  The only other people who came with him is Glen Driscoll (performance analyst) and Ryland Morgans (fitness guru) followed him a few months later.

As for Roy and Ged, if this move results in another treble, I'm not going to be complaining.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #413: Jun 10, 2015 06:54:19 pm
      To them football isn't different though Walt, it's business and in any case they don't always take the same team with them and if they do, they don't always stay together. 

Pako said in that recent interview that he and Rafa were going in different directions which caused the split.  Mourinhos last Assistant at Real is now Manager at Middlesbrough. 

Assistant Managers move on to become Managers in their own right, if they have anything about them.  Ditching Pascoe, regardless of who did it, shows for me anyway that Brendan has outgrown him.  He didn't bring any coaches with him, Marsh was already at the Academy and was promoted by Brendan.  The only other people who came with him is Glen Driscoll (performance analyst) and Ryland Morgans (fitness guru) followed him a few months later.

As for Roy and Ged, if this move results in another treble, I'm not going to be complaining.

What you say is fine Debs if Brendan was the one sacking his number two or if Pascoe moved on himself but I think its more likely the change was imposed on him from above.

Quick Reply