Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Women's World Cup 2015

Read 54765 times
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: Women's World Cup
      Reply #253: Jul 06, 2015 12:45:30 am
      4-1
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #254: Jul 06, 2015 12:49:52 am
      Looks like we let our foot off the gas a bit there at the end of the half, I would surely hope we've still done enough to take it.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #255: Jul 06, 2015 12:51:35 am
      Ive watched a lot of Football and that halfway line goal was absolutely beautiful. Echoes of Suarez.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #256: Jul 06, 2015 01:10:36 am
      Game on 4-2 now an own goal......
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #257: Jul 06, 2015 01:11:26 am
      Hang on a mo it's now 5-2  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #258: Jul 06, 2015 01:52:37 am
      Wow, great win, this team definitely saved their best for last. Wish our men's team was as good as our women's team.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #259: Jul 06, 2015 04:56:31 am
      This one was special for me. I remember '99, but I was still pretty young, so to see a World Cup win while I'm conscious of what it means to win, what it takes to win and how much more talented and difficult each World Cup becomes, means a lot. This is one I'll cherish for a long, long time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Jul 06, 2015 06:02:30 am
      Wow, great win, this team definitely saved their best for last. Wish our men's team was as good as our women's team.

You're not the only person who wishes that about their national teams :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #261: Jul 07, 2015 12:20:25 am
      I love how Blatter didnt show up. He said his presence would take away from the Final...in other words its in Canada and he would probably be arrested and taken to the US to answer for his innumerable bribes, money laundering, safety violations and tax fraud schemes.

Plus he would be asked why FIFA doesnt think Women deserve to play on grass instead of that god awful field turf.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #262: Jul 07, 2015 12:30:19 am
      People going nuts about the FA tweet that says the Lioness' now go back to being Mothers, Partners and Daughters but have earned a new title, heroes. The FA have removed the tweet and are getting 'sexism' backlashes.

If the tweet was Lions go back to being Fathers, Partners and Sons there would be no issue. Hate bandwagon feminism, mainly because most of the people who spray it have no idea what feminism actually is.

I think the tweet was kind at heart, the focus was meant to be on them arriving as Mothers, Partners and Daughters and leaving as heroes because that's exactly what happened. Too bad people just want to see the negative. Never thought being a Mum, partner or daughter was that bad quite honestly and ironically enough the same bandwagon feminists will most likely tell me how it's more important than being a father or son :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #263: Jul 07, 2015 01:22:06 am
      People going nuts about the FA tweet that says the Lioness' now go back to being Mothers, Partners and Daughters but have earned a new title, heroes. The FA have removed the tweet and are getting 'sexism' backlashes.

If the tweet was Lions go back to being Fathers, Partners and Sons there would be no issue. Hate bandwagon feminism, mainly because most of the people who spray it have no idea what feminism actually is.

I think the tweet was kind at heart, the focus was meant to be on them arriving as Mothers, Partners and Daughters and leaving as heroes because that's exactly what happened. Too bad people just want to see the negative. Never thought being a Mum, partner or daughter was that bad quite honestly and ironically enough the same bandwagon feminists will most likely tell me how it's more important than being a father or son :laugh:

Not going to lie, I laughed when I saw that there were complaints made about the tweet. It's annoying though because the lad who sent the tweet is going the be made out to be some villain by the feminist groups.

One thing I will say about the England women's set up, I like how relaxed they were whilst away at the tournament. Mark Sampson let the players spend quite a bit of time with their family members out and about. The men are usually just stuck inside doing nothing for a week or two.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #264: Jul 07, 2015 01:39:42 am
      If the tweet was Lions go back to being Fathers, Partners and Sons there would be no issue.

You'll very likely never see a tweet of that sort though. The tweet might have been kind at heart but was really out of place.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #265: Jul 07, 2015 02:21:01 am
      You'll very likely never see a tweet of that sort though. The tweet might have been kind at heart but was really out of place.

Would you rather they lied and said that the hopes of a nation were on them before they went in and they came back triumphant as England expected?

You'd never see a tweet like that because we know the mens team, they arrive as a group of individual superstars. The women's team arrived as Mothers, Daughters and Partners and they still are, only difference is now they are heroes to a nation and not just their friends and families.

The tweet is about acknowledgement finally for the women's teams in the UK and for once someone at the FA showed a little bit of creative flair and nuanced writing... And then people go for the throat shouting sexist as they always do. Bet the poor soul gets the sack for this, such a shame.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #266: Jul 07, 2015 03:04:46 am
      Would you rather they lied and said that the hopes of a nation were on them before they went in and they came back triumphant as England expected?

You'd never see a tweet like that because we know the mens team, they arrive as a group of individual superstars. The women's team arrived as Mothers, Daughters and Partners and they still are, only difference is now they are heroes to a nation and not just their friends and families.

The tweet is about acknowledgement finally for the women's teams in the UK and for once someone at the FA showed a little bit of creative flair and nuanced writing... And then people go for the throat shouting sexist as they always do. Bet the poor soul gets the sack for this, such a shame.

It was sexist. Football superstars are also fathers, sons and partners - men are just never described that way. It's not their status that change it - people don't describe non-league football players who do some FA Cup miracle as "partners and heroes" either.

You can be kindhearted and condescending at the same time. There are many ways you can acknowledge your women's team and it was really an unfortunate choice for that tweet. It's not the end of the world but they really could and should have done better.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #267: Jul 07, 2015 03:11:51 am
      I asked my wife what she thought. She said she sees where it could be taken a bit sexist, but she thought the intent was sound and added that some folks are too freaking sensitive.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #268: Jul 07, 2015 08:52:07 am
      It was sexist. Football superstars are also fathers, sons and partners - men are just never described that way. It's not their status that change it - people don't describe non-league football players who do some FA Cup miracle as "partners and heroes" either.

You can be kindhearted and condescending at the same time. There are many ways you can acknowledge your women's team and it was really an unfortunate choice for that tweet. It's not the end of the world but they really could and should have done better.

There's the issue. (I've bolded it) It's only sexist if you make it that way. It was never intended to be so why be negative and make it that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the women's team should be professional so won't be going back to any other job like non-league footballers do. Imagine the backlash if it was about the team going back to being hairdressers or salon workers. Same idea of focusing on male players who are plumbers or builders or bin men only again, can be considered sexist where as the other isn't.

People are too quick to pull the sexism card without actual knowing what it means. It's a prejudice or stereotyping which is deliberately against a particular sex. That tweet wasn't sexist in the slightest. Can you interpret it as a little inappropriate, sure if you're a pessimist, but 'sexist' is a serious term that is thrown around all too easily and it should stop.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #269: Jul 07, 2015 09:02:44 am
      Did anyone see that goal the American girl scored from the halfway line, it brought back memories of Alonso at Luton.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #270: Jul 07, 2015 02:24:28 pm
      There's the issue. (I've bolded it) It's only sexist if you make it that way. It was never intended to be so why be negative and make it that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the women's team should be professional so won't be going back to any other job like non-league footballers do. Imagine the backlash if it was about the team going back to being hairdressers or salon workers. Same idea of focusing on male players who are plumbers or builders or bin men only again, can be considered sexist where as the other isn't.

People are too quick to pull the sexism card without actual knowing what it means. It's a prejudice or stereotyping which is deliberately against a particular sex. That tweet wasn't sexist in the slightest. Can you interpret it as a little inappropriate, sure if you're a pessimist, but 'sexist' is a serious term that is thrown around all too easily and it should stop.

Sorry mate, I'm with Diego on this one. The tweet was out of line. And while I get that the intent was in the right place, it was still a very bizarre tweet. No reason whatsoever to phrase it that way.

Did anyone see that goal the American girl scored from the halfway line, it brought back memories of Alonso at Luton.

Carli Lloyd! She was very off form in the group stages but was a beast in the knockout rounds.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #271: Jul 08, 2015 12:01:05 am
      Although not as bad as when FIFA had all those swimsuit models in the tight dresses carrying the medals and standing on the Podium when the handed out the Medals. Its annoying and was embarrassing. Those women went out and played 90 minutes of some of the best Football I've ever seen and then they tart it up with models in cocktail dresses. Uggghhh!!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Jul 12, 2015 06:06:19 pm
      It's Arsenal vs Liverpool ladies on BT Sport 1 now if anybody is interested in watching it. Couldn't find a thread for the women's side so posting it in here.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #273: Jul 12, 2015 06:08:19 pm
      It's Arsenal vs Liverpool ladies on BT Sport 1 now if anybody is interested in watching it. Couldn't find a thread for the women's side so posting it in here.

Watching as well. Here's a stream: http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/arsenal-ladies-vs-liverpool-ladies-live-streaming

^^ Highly recommend installing AdBlock Pro for any streaming site.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #274: Jul 12, 2015 06:10:34 pm
      What a goal by Fara Williams!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #275: Jul 12, 2015 06:12:04 pm

Found the ladies thread mate...

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,45369.msg1682163.html#msg1682163

I agree though, great goal by Williams.

Quick Reply