Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118905 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #552: Nov 02, 2016 11:49:17 am
      Have a heart mate, that's a bit of a shithouse comment. This could be the end of someone's dream.

Might have come across a bit heartless and I like the lad and do genuinely feel bad for him from a personal point of view but from a pragmatic and team perspective I'm not really to bothered, it doesn't weaken the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #553: Nov 02, 2016 11:51:05 am
      Well you're a bit of a c**t aren't you.

Takes one to know one I guess. As I explained I feel bad for him personally, but from a team point of view I don't really care, he is not a vital player.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #554: Nov 02, 2016 11:52:18 am
      Bad luck, get well soon.

But there are some doubts about his personal life, even though he showed fantastic desire when he played ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3866466/Liverpool-striker-Danny-Ings-looks-delighted-WAG-Georgia-Gibbs-shows-cheeky-Instagram-snap.html
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #555: Nov 02, 2016 11:59:03 am

What are the doubts? That he is dating a model?

And dont' believe anything printed in that rag of a paper.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #556: Nov 02, 2016 12:00:20 pm
      Takes one to know one I guess. As I explained I feel bad for him personally, but from a team point of view I don't really care, he is not a vital player.

Takes one to know one  :D

Anyway, hopefully no hiccups with Danny's recovery. If history's anything to go by the lad will overcome this one too. Hopefully get him back better and stronger.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #557: Nov 02, 2016 12:17:54 pm
      Apparently it's his other knee. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Signs were sadly there before we even bought him - in 2012 they were referring to his injuries as him suffering 'with another serious knee injury'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19242581

Gutted for the lad.  Any serious chance of a career at Liverpool now looks highly unlikely - hope he eventually gets through all this and gets back to playing at a high level.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #558: Nov 02, 2016 12:26:27 pm
      Feel for the lad given how he got his move to a big club and then a serious injury, before it happened again.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #559: Nov 02, 2016 12:36:37 pm
      Just hearing about it is frustrating enough. Let alone being him. I'm more than gutted. Get well and come back soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #560: Nov 02, 2016 12:39:33 pm
      Devastated for Danny, he is still young so hopefully he will come back from this
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #561: Nov 02, 2016 12:48:25 pm
      Danny is only 24 - back by the time he is 26 for his prime.

With his work rate and finishing there is still an opportunity for him and I think, he will want to prove a point on his return. There have been loads of players who have missed this much time and still performed at the highest level. Unfortunately there are as many who haven't...

Gutted for the lad, and for the team as he was (for me) the ideal replacement for Mane when he goes to Africa this winter. Looks like we will need to dip into the transfer market now - and that too will hurt him.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #562: Nov 02, 2016 01:03:45 pm
      Tough on the lad. Had worked so hard to get back from the other injury. The only positive is he knows he can get back with hard work and he has years on his side. The sad part is it just might not be with us. Hopefully im wrong there.

Wish him a speedy recovery
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #563: Nov 02, 2016 01:16:47 pm
      Shocking news for him on top of his last injury.

His work ethic showed through in his short appearance against spuds.

get well soon Danny.

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #564: Nov 02, 2016 01:18:42 pm
      Danny is only 24 - back by the time he is 26 for his prime.

With his work rate and finishing there is still an opportunity for him and I think, he will want to prove a point on his return. There have been loads of players who have missed this much time and still performed at the highest level. Unfortunately there are as many who haven't...

Gutted for the lad, and for the team as he was (for me) the ideal replacement for Mane when he goes to Africa this winter. Looks like we will need to dip into the transfer market now - and that too will hurt him.

Dip into the market to replace a 4th choice player, yeah I'm sure we will be rushing into that!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #565: Nov 02, 2016 01:40:57 pm
      Unbelievable.. he's worked so hard to get back to fitness and to try and get game time and now this...

Really feel for him, must be horrific to be out again for so long.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #566: Nov 02, 2016 01:47:42 pm
      I don't think he will play for us again.

Devastated for him.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #567: Nov 02, 2016 02:02:03 pm
      Dip into the market to replace a 4th choice player, yeah I'm sure we will be rushing into that!

Its not a 4th choice though is it..? Danny, IMO was a great replacement for Mane @ AFCON - so we need cover.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #568: Nov 02, 2016 02:17:52 pm
      Out for the season?

Devastating news for him. In my opinion he'd played himself right into contention for second choice and was really providing excellent competition for those around him.

Get well soon Danny,

YNWA.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #569: Nov 02, 2016 02:18:16 pm
      Its not a 4th choice though is it..? Danny, IMO was a great replacement for Mane @ AFCON - so we need cover.

We play with 1 striker, Origi is the ideal replacement for Mane for a few weeks. Sturridge still on the bench so where would Ings get games?

Possibly the league Cup but as we progress then Jürgen will go with a full strength team so again not many options for Ings
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #570: Nov 02, 2016 02:25:53 pm
      Proper jinxed this lad....

Hope to see him back playing soon.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #571: Nov 02, 2016 02:26:53 pm
      Terrible news for Danny.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #572: Nov 02, 2016 02:58:09 pm
      Ffs,just heard, absolutely devastated for Danny, he was progressing nicely, and only a matter of time before he'd be back with the first team,
      Such a cruel game sometimes is football,

He's a strong character and will come back from this, no doubt in my mind,

Get well soon Danny, our title celebrations won't be the same without you!!

YNWA
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #573: Nov 02, 2016 03:14:43 pm

WTF "doubts about his private life" what are you on about.
      Footballer has fit bird shock !!!!!'
      Well I am of no doubt that 1 Danny lad has excellent taste and 2 his rehabilitation will be made a lot easier in the comfort of said lady👍....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #574: Nov 02, 2016 04:47:28 pm

Liverpool striker Danny Ings will be out for up to nine months with a knee injury that requires surgery.

The 24-year-old sustained the injury to his right knee during last week's EFL Cup fourth-round win over Tottenham.

It is not the same knee in which he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in October 2015 that sidelined him for seven months.

"To say we are gutted would be an understatement," said Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp.

"He is such a great boy and has worked so hard that he deserves better luck than this.

"It is typical of Danny's personality, on and off the pitch, that he picked up this injury to his knee when courageously trying to win the ball back for his team by making a tackle.

"But it is this same personality that means he will come back as good and as strong from this latest setback as he has done in the past.

"He is mentally strong, physically strong and will have the very best treatment and rehab possible to make sure when he returns he is ready to play for us at the level we know he is capable of."

England international Ings will have surgery in London on Tuesday.
      'It feels like your world has fallen in'

Ings also suffered serious injuries to each knee during his time at Burnley, which led to lengthy spells on the sidelines.

Former Liverpool midfielder David Thompson has sympathised with the striker after undergoing similar injury problems himself during his playing career, which came to an end in 2007.

In a post on his Instagram account, Thompson said: "I have been where Danny Ings is now - spent the last 10 months rehabbing gets back fit and strong and his knee pops again back to square one.

"It's torture mentally and physically it feels like your world has fallen in.

"Everybody says you come back stronger and tries to encourage you but you know it is a long hard slog to go again.

"You don't come back stronger, you just come back tougher and more battle hardened with the HOPE that it never goes again."

Ings joined Liverpool from Burnley in June 2015 for a fee that was later set at £8m by a tribunal.

However, injuries have limited him to just 11 appearances for the Reds since then, in which he has scored four times.

He made his one and only England appearance as a substitute in the 3-0 Euro 2016 qualifier in Lithuania in October 2015, shortly before he suffered his anterior cruciate ligament injury.

GUTTED  for the lad gutted .

Like it says though   .... he will never be the same again.

Loyal yes .... as a puppy dog ..... being looked after and recovering with an LFC salary and great support .

Never though will he exert himself again over that extra yard ........  dodgy knees that will go pop again .  F**ked .

Wrong place to put it and insensitive but Charlie Austin was right under our nose .

Quick Reply