Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118080 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #621: Jul 29, 2017 06:17:26 am
      I remember Klopp coming in and Ings was the player I was most excited about him working his magic on... then the injury happened.

I don't have the same optimism now but I do hope he can have a full, solid season, nothing ground breaking, just a good few appearances and most importantly goals in the cups and force his way into contention for a place on the bench in the league.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #622: Jul 30, 2017 07:09:44 pm
      Still holding out hope that he can finally, as others have stated, remain injury free, play a competitive role in the season ahead and show his ability.
      I also was very excited when we signed him. A little bit of the Bellamy and Robbie Keane about him. Two players, who in my opinion really weren't given the opportunity to show how good they could have been for us.
      Hopefully Danny is afforded that opportunity because I can see him being a very useful player to have in the squad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #623: Aug 12, 2017 11:29:33 am
      Ings played 45 mins and scored vs Swansea U23's in a 0-2 victory.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #624: Sep 19, 2017 09:22:05 pm
      Great to see him back
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #625: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:07 pm

Highlight of the night B78
      MsGerrard
      Reply #626: Sep 20, 2017 02:05:07 pm
      Put the other players to shame last night, only one of very few who actually tried when he came on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #627: Sep 20, 2017 02:13:42 pm
      Put the other players to shame last night, only one of very few who actually tried when he came on.

Certainly had that look of determination and fire didn't he? Always thought Ings was a great fit for Jürgen's way of playing, last night was a huge step back to recovering his old self, can only wish him all the best because I haven't felt as gutted for one of our players in a very long time. The game has been cruel to Danny since he arrived, time he got a bit of good luck.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #628: Sep 20, 2017 02:31:57 pm
      Ingsaghi

Come on lad.. Make up for the lost time. Delighted for him to be back in the mix.

MsGerrard
      Reply #629: Sep 20, 2017 02:56:57 pm
      Certainly had that look of determination and fire didn't he? Always thought Ings was a great fit for Jürgen's way of playing, last night was a huge step back to recovering his old self, can only wish him all the best because I haven't felt as gutted for one of our players in a very long time. The game has been cruel to Danny since he arrived, time he got a bit of good luck.

He certainly did Luke, I was praying for him to score as you could tell how much he wanted it, unlike some of the other bloody pussies on the pitch, I was actually embarrassed last night as I walked out the ground at such an inept performance by LFC.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #630: Oct 07, 2017 08:25:54 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3222947/danny-ings-i-still-feel-like-i-have-a-big-part-to-play-at-liverpool

Jeez, he's still only 25 !
      Incredibly bad luck with injuries.
      We could be doing with him having a big part (any striker for that matter).
      But it's an uphill task.
      Can't see him ever being our no.1 striker, but could do with a good plan B or C...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #631: Oct 07, 2017 09:46:30 pm
      Really feel for the lad, as I think his ship has sailed.

He looked a decent player the few times he actually turned out for us, not great, but decent.

I hope he can go on and make a career for himself, but I don't think it will be here.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #632: Oct 16, 2017 10:57:44 pm
      He just played 90 minutes for the U23s. Be good to see him back in the first team squad asap.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-ings-plays-90-minutes-13771482

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #633: Nov 06, 2017 01:29:30 am
      Scored four today for the Under 23's.

The Forgotten Man.

All the best to him for a full recovery and an outing in the first team .
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #634: Nov 06, 2017 12:16:37 pm
      Ings genuinely deserve chance and I believe he will get it. Hope the good luck finally on his side.   
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #635: Nov 06, 2017 12:26:11 pm
      Ings genuinely deserve chance and I believe he will get it. Hope the good luck finally on his side.   

Who would you drop to accomodate him though? The times I've seen him he's been pretty average, bad luck with injuries but I'm not sure if he was ever good enough for us and certainly won't be now, time to move on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #636: Nov 06, 2017 12:54:45 pm

I'd say FA Cup 3rd Round but it looks like Solanke is ahead of him in the pecking order. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #637: Nov 06, 2017 01:26:18 pm
      Scored four today for the Under 23's.

The Forgotten Man.

I'd say FA Cup 3rd Round but it looks like Solanke is ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I think you’re right.

Still - be nice to have a guy who reads the second ball and gets cheap goals about though wouldn’t it?

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2017 01:31:58 pm by Scotia »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #638: Nov 06, 2017 01:54:23 pm
      2 assists as well apparently ( 7-0 against Bristol City).

If he's made a full recovery from his injury he could still be a useful player for us. He's got the work rate Jürgen likes - could see him getting ahead of Studge and Solanke as his preferred back up to Firmino.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #639: Nov 09, 2017 03:37:27 am
      Who would you drop to accomodate him though? The times I've seen him he's been pretty average, bad luck with injuries but I'm not sure if he was ever good enough for us and certainly won't be now, time to move on.

I'd like to see Klopp sub him in for around late 30 minutes for Firmino. If Ings fully fit I'd put him ahead of the inexperience Solanke who still have a lot of time to learn. What I love most of Ings is he is mentality similar to Firmino that they both work hard up front but I think Ings even better instinct finisher.

But I think KLopp would give chance to Sturridge (if he keep fit) ahead of Ings and I think that's right as we would love to see what Sturridge can do. Also I read somewhere Newcastle now interesting to get Ings in on loan in January and that's very good opportunity for the lad imo. 

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #640: Nov 09, 2017 04:14:32 am
      Asked in another thread but who does a fully fit ings remind you of?
      If he fulfilled his potential, how good do you reckon he could be?
      Honestly intrigued as my memory of him was of a very industrious and confident player who was dependable when given a chance.
      Not fancy or brilliant but smart and clinical.
      A couple of crucial growing years on the treatment table may have hampered him for ever or could actually give him far more to his game and a longer career.
      Love to know your opinions.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #642: Jan 28, 2018 12:18:11 am
      Just want to say that I'm made up Danny got another cameo appearance in the cup tonight,thought he showed more heart in those 15 minutes he was on then a lot of players who were in the starting 11,his career hasn't even  got of the ground since he joined the club in 2015 with some shocking knee injuries ,how many games has he had for us since he joined ? About 17?.
      Personally speaking I hope we keep hold of him and he can kick start his career with us as I feel the lad hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself due to his injuries & at 25 he still has time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #643: Feb 01, 2018 03:28:16 pm

Quick Reply