Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W5 D0 L1

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 55135 times
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1816 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #675: Apr 21, 2018 05:48:17 pm
      A big positive of today's game.  Danny deserved some good news after such a horrific time with injuries.  Hopefully he can get a couple more before the end of the season.

Happy for him getting the goal but He's still a long long way behind our regular trio.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,106 posts | 130 
      Reply #676: Apr 21, 2018 06:41:10 pm
      Yeh agree he isn't anywhere near the level of the trio and really can't see him ever being.   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,749 posts | 3401 
      Reply #677: Apr 21, 2018 06:49:00 pm
      Really happy for him, he was very active and got into good positions, active pressing as well.  Lallana’s post after the game makes me think that Danny may still well be in Jurgens long term plans.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,445 posts | 3517 
      Reply #678: Apr 21, 2018 07:06:39 pm
      So happy for Danny today what a terrible time he has had over these past few years.
      I kind of hope he will be our new Kuyt his work ethic is something Jürgen will think he can work with.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,954 posts | 2508 
      Reply #679: Apr 21, 2018 07:46:38 pm
      Made up for him scoring today.

You could see the delight and relief when he put the ball in the net.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,351 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #680: Apr 21, 2018 10:36:56 pm
      If he ever gets a song it has to be to the tune of Daddy Cool.

Danny, Danny Ings, Danny, Danny Ings.

Good poachers goal today!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,546 posts | 197 
      Reply #681: Apr 21, 2018 11:19:56 pm
      Fantastic for Ings to score after what he's been through.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,484 posts | 2996 
      Reply #682: Apr 21, 2018 11:21:39 pm
      Pleased for him to get his goal but still don't think he is good enough as a second choice behind Bobby.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,297 posts | 365 
      Reply #683: Apr 22, 2018 03:11:38 am
      Pleased for him to get his goal but still don't think he is good enough as a second choice behind Bobby.

Agreed, he does not have the game intelligence that Bobby has. Better if we look for a good back up in the summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,434 posts | 3004 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #684: Apr 22, 2018 09:55:23 pm
      Hope that was the start of a flourish to end the season. Congrats on your long awaited goal Danny.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 346 
      Reply #685: Apr 23, 2018 08:56:48 am
      Hope that was the start of a flourish to end the season. Congrats on your long awaited goal Danny.

Did he do anything else but that goal? I know he’s been out a long time but Klopp needs to get ruthless with some of these fringe players
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1816 
      Reply #686: Apr 23, 2018 10:02:11 am

Did he do anything else but that goal? I know he’s been out a long time but Klopp needs to get ruthless with some of these fringe players

Well he also managed to miss an absolute sitter. I love the lads enthusiasm but he just doesn't have the technique or skill to be our reserve striker, we need much better cover throughout our team.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 219 
      Reply #687: Apr 23, 2018 10:07:38 am
      Well he also managed to miss an absolute sitter. I love the lads enthusiasm but he just doesn't have the technique or skill to be our reserve striker, we need much better cover throughout our team.

He did very little wrong with that one. It was a good first touch and then he did the right thing trying to just slot it low past the keeper. Good save by their keeper rather than missing a sitter.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,411 posts | 2441 
      Reply #688: Apr 23, 2018 10:35:20 am
      Agreed, he does not have the game intelligence that Bobby has. Better if we look for a good back up in the summer.

No striker (that I can think of) in Europe does........so not really a fair comparison.

We aren’t going to get a ‘like for like’ back up to Bobby.

It doesn’t exist. He’s that special.

I think there is (and should be) a place for Danny. The question really is does he wanna be bit part in a great team or main man in something less.......
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1816 
      Reply #689: Apr 23, 2018 04:05:25 pm
      He did very little wrong with that one. It was a good first touch and then he did the right thing trying to just slot it low past the keeper. Good save by their keeper rather than missing a sitter.

No, going low is not the right thing to do, have a look at what Mo does, he almost always chips it, much more effective, hence his goal tally.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,297 posts | 365 
      Reply #690: Apr 23, 2018 05:12:25 pm
      No striker (that I can think of) in Europe does........so not really a fair comparison.

We aren’t going to get a ‘like for like’ back up to Bobby.

It doesn’t exist. He’s that special.

I think there is (and should be) a place for Danny. The question really is does he wanna be bit part in a great team or main man in something less.......

I agree with what you say about Bobby. IMO Danny is quite far away from Bobby's quality

God forbid, if Bobby gets injured, and Ings be our main striker, then we'd be in trouble, which is why I think we do need someone else as a backup , as now, we can do far better than Ings.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,097 posts | 421 
      Reply #691: Apr 23, 2018 06:47:04 pm
      Could put this in the shitty refs thread but,he didn't get punched by Hegazi,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43871334.Love to know what the f**k the panel was looking at.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,808 posts | 1882 
      Reply #692: Apr 23, 2018 08:24:43 pm
      Could put this in the shitty refs thread but,he didn't get punched by Hegazi,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43871334.Love to know what the f**k the panel was looking at.

Not a problem, I like to see some of our players punch the opposition in the gut a few times now, it seems to be okay to do.... Elbow smash into the face too (remember Rooney's one? LMAO).
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,133 posts | 137 
      Reply #693: May 06, 2018 06:26:44 pm
      he is not ready. we need alot better to challenge
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,410 posts | 1181 
      Reply #694: Jun 20, 2018 12:13:33 pm
      Looks like Crystal Palace are interested in signing Danny.

Would be a good move for all parties.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 256 
      Reply #695: Jun 20, 2018 01:35:09 pm
      Looks like Crystal Palace are interested in signing Danny.

Would be a good move for all parties.

After what they paid for the clunker they got in Benteke, glad they keep coming back for more.

Good luck to Ings if he does go. He deserves a chance at regular footy.

GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #696: Jul 15, 2018 08:49:05 am
      How do people feel about Danny Ings leaving permanently this year? There seems to be more talk of perhaps Southampton joining Palace in being interested.

I think most of us find him rather likeable. He works hard enough and seems great in our locker room. But I get the feeling if there isn't a good enough offer for Sturridge, rather than letting him go out on loan for the year and losing him on a free, we're going to let Sturridge prove himself by joining Shaqiri in backing up our front three, leaving Ings with even less game time, and needing a move.

Would anyone be particularly unhappy if we let him go for 10+ mil?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,410 posts | 1181 
      Reply #697: Jul 15, 2018 10:02:21 am
      How do people feel about Danny Ings leaving permanently this year? There seems to be more talk of perhaps Southampton joining Palace in being interested.

I think most of us find him rather likeable. He works hard enough and seems great in our locker room. But I get the feeling if there isn't a good enough offer for Sturridge, rather than letting him go out on loan for the year and losing him on a free, we're going to let Sturridge prove himself by joining Shaqiri in backing up our front three, leaving Ings with even less game time, and needing a move.

Would anyone be particularly unhappy if we let him go for 10+ mil?

Ings is a top lad and a decent player who will not get chances here anymore.

I'm sure a few clubs are interested and will be willing to pay £15 million at a minimum.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1816 
      Reply #698: Jul 15, 2018 10:26:27 am
      I would be delighted if we got some money for him, can we chuck Solanke in on any deal, both are crap strikers and not good enough at this level.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,946 posts | 1964 
      Reply #699: Jul 15, 2018 12:13:47 pm
      I would be delighted if we got some money for him, can we chuck Solanke in on any deal, both are crap strikers and not good enough at this level.

Ladies and gentlemen

heimdall.... Liverpool supporter

👏👏👏

Quick Reply