Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118086 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #690: May 06, 2018 06:26:44 pm
      he is not ready. we need alot better to challenge
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #691: Jun 20, 2018 12:13:33 pm
      Looks like Crystal Palace are interested in signing Danny.

Would be a good move for all parties.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #692: Jun 20, 2018 01:35:09 pm
      Looks like Crystal Palace are interested in signing Danny.

Would be a good move for all parties.

After what they paid for the clunker they got in Benteke, glad they keep coming back for more.

Good luck to Ings if he does go. He deserves a chance at regular footy.

GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #693: Jul 15, 2018 08:49:05 am
      How do people feel about Danny Ings leaving permanently this year? There seems to be more talk of perhaps Southampton joining Palace in being interested.

I think most of us find him rather likeable. He works hard enough and seems great in our locker room. But I get the feeling if there isn't a good enough offer for Sturridge, rather than letting him go out on loan for the year and losing him on a free, we're going to let Sturridge prove himself by joining Shaqiri in backing up our front three, leaving Ings with even less game time, and needing a move.

Would anyone be particularly unhappy if we let him go for 10+ mil?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #694: Jul 15, 2018 10:02:21 am
      How do people feel about Danny Ings leaving permanently this year? There seems to be more talk of perhaps Southampton joining Palace in being interested.

I think most of us find him rather likeable. He works hard enough and seems great in our locker room. But I get the feeling if there isn't a good enough offer for Sturridge, rather than letting him go out on loan for the year and losing him on a free, we're going to let Sturridge prove himself by joining Shaqiri in backing up our front three, leaving Ings with even less game time, and needing a move.

Would anyone be particularly unhappy if we let him go for 10+ mil?

Ings is a top lad and a decent player who will not get chances here anymore.

I'm sure a few clubs are interested and will be willing to pay £15 million at a minimum.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #695: Jul 15, 2018 10:26:27 am
      I would be delighted if we got some money for him, can we chuck Solanke in on any deal, both are crap strikers and not good enough at this level.
      Kopite78
      Reply #696: Jul 15, 2018 12:13:47 pm
      I would be delighted if we got some money for him, can we chuck Solanke in on any deal, both are crap strikers and not good enough at this level.

Ladies and gentlemen

heimdall.... Liverpool supporter

👏👏👏
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #697: Jul 15, 2018 12:32:50 pm

Oh come on Solanke is only 20 years of age with plenty of potential.

Have you absolutely no patience for talent to develop?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #698: Jul 15, 2018 12:41:20 pm
      Ladies and gentlemen

heimdall.... Liverpool supporter

👏👏👏

Correct LIVERPOOL supporter as opposed to supporting some bizare charity for poor and injured footballers. Solanke and Ings will Never be top strikers, mark my words.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #699: Jul 15, 2018 01:09:18 pm
      Correct LIVERPOOL supporter as opposed to supporting some bizare charity for poor and injured footballers. Solanke and Ings will Never be top strikers, mark my words.

Well there is a bit of a gap between "crap" and "top" strikers, no? I don't think any Liverpool fan is expecting that either will become a top striker. But to say they are crap is a bit much, especially considering they are our own, and give plenty of effort for the club.

Personally, I don't think Solanke will necessarily be a great striker in a Klopp system, but he has the potential to give us a different kind of option up front. He just needs a lot more game time (preferably on loan) and just time in general to mature.

Ings also clearly needs more game time to get his eye and touch back to a higher level. Perhaps that's not ideal for us. Perhaps we need someone more experienced and clinical who doesn't need to be playing all the time to make a difference when called upon.

But to just call them crap in the manner which you have does not endear you to fellow Liverpool supporters, who can understand criticism of players but not rubbishing ones who haven't been awful. They're part of our family. It's a shame you don't feel the same.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #700: Jul 15, 2018 01:20:58 pm
      Well there is a bit of a gap between "crap" and "top" strikers, no? I don't think any Liverpool fan is expecting that either will become a top striker. But to say they are crap is a bit much, especially considering they are our own, and give plenty of effort for the club.

Personally, I don't think Solanke will necessarily be a great striker in a Klopp system, but he has the potential to give us a different kind of option up front. He just needs a lot more game time (preferably on loan) and just time in general to mature.

Ings also clearly needs more game time to get his eye and touch back to a higher level. Perhaps that's not ideal for us. Perhaps we need someone more experienced and clinical who doesn't need to be playing all the time to make a difference when called upon.

But to just call them crap in the manner which you have does not endear you to fellow Liverpool supporters, who can understand criticism of players but not rubbishing ones who haven't been awful. They're part of our family. It's a shame you don't feel the same.

In fairness Ings is not crap but he isn't good enough for us, Solanke though is crap, I have never even for a second been impressed by his game and his finishing is utterly pathetic for a forward.
      Final point is that I'm not really here to endear myself to anyone, that ship sailed a long time ago, I just call it how I see it.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #701: Jul 15, 2018 01:43:25 pm
      In fairness Ings is not crap but he isn't good enough for us, Solanke though is crap, I have never even for a second been impressed by his game and his finishing is utterly pathetic for a forward.
      Final point is that I'm not really here to endear myself to anyone, that ship sailed a long time ago, I just call it how I see it.

Ha I know you're not, and that's totally fine. But one can speak their mind, and still do it justice, without essentially pissing all over players that perhaps deserve some respect for their efforts for our club.

I mean, I am highly critical of Karius, and rather critical of Lovren and Moreno, but I still have plenty of fondness for the latter two (despite their ability to frustrate), and I wouldn't even say Karius is totally crap, but just highlight his shortcomings (which unfortunately happen to be a lot, in my opinion haha).

I know it sounds like it, but I'm not telling you to communicate like me, or to connect to the club and players like me, but it may be worth reflecting upon. You may get a bit more enjoyment and a lot less frustration.

And be less of a joykill too haha
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #702: Jul 15, 2018 03:34:22 pm
      Ha I know you're not, and that's totally fine. But one can speak their mind, and still do it justice, without essentially pissing all over players that perhaps deserve some respect for their efforts for our club.

I mean, I am highly critical of Karius, and rather critical of Lovren and Moreno, but I still have plenty of fondness for the latter two (despite their ability to frustrate), and I wouldn't even say Karius is totally crap, but just highlight his shortcomings (which unfortunately happen to be a lot, in my opinion haha).

I know it sounds like it, but I'm not telling you to communicate like me, or to connect to the club and players like me, but it may be worth reflecting upon. You may get a bit more enjoyment and a lot less frustration.

And be less of a joykill too haha

I actually am not that negative about the team, I can't wait for the next season as it promises to very exciting but I am just so  incredibly fed up and annoyed that we haven't signed a new keeper yet. Ings I admire, battling back from injury although he's not good enough in my opinion, Sturridge I think has an attitude problem and Solanke I have zero faith in.
      Final point is that I back the team as a whole not the individual players and I have no time or inclination to support subpar players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #703: Aug 09, 2018 05:28:39 pm
      possibly going on loan to Southampton good lucky Danny you deserve it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #704: Aug 09, 2018 05:52:11 pm
      Southampton.

All the best Danny.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #705: Aug 09, 2018 08:29:45 pm
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #706: Aug 09, 2018 08:34:35 pm
      Obligation to buy for 20 mil pounds. Good deal for both club and player.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #707: Aug 09, 2018 08:48:09 pm
      Klopp's tribute to Ings: 'We will miss him'

James Carroll
      @James_Carroll84

Jürgen Klopp has paid a heartfelt tribute to Danny Ings after it was confirmed the striker will leave Liverpool to join Southampton.

The striker will initially move to St Mary’s on a season-long loan before the transfer is made permanent on July 1, 2019.

It brings a three-year spell at Anfield to an end following a switch from Burnley, during which time Ings was forced to battle back to fitness from two serious knee injuries which restricted him to just 25 appearances and four goals.

Klopp admits it is with a heavy heart he granted the popular 26-year-old the opportunity to leave the Reds, telling Liverpoolfc.com: “It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

“What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching.

“We all know his story and the bad luck he has had since then.

“It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright.

“When he said to us he thinks this is the window it might be best to look elsewhere, for the sake of his career and playing more regular football, it was clear early on that Southampton has great appeal to him personally. It’s his home, his family is there, it’s his boyhood club. They have a great manager and I think the supporters and him will feed off each other’s passion and energy.

“So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity.

“He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

Offal
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #708: Aug 09, 2018 08:49:52 pm
      Good luck danny boy
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #709: Aug 09, 2018 09:10:18 pm
      Right thing for him if he wants to play football.
      Hope he gets past the injuries, wish him all the best.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #710: Aug 09, 2018 09:18:10 pm
      He deserves to play football week in week out in the top flight after the terrible luck he's had these past three years. That he spent most of his time here injured yet still cemented a reputation at the club most players who have come and gone from Liverpool could only wish for is testament to his character.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #711: Aug 09, 2018 09:25:26 pm
      Never really arsed about what people do after leaving us but I’ll make an exception for him.

Really hope he does well with Southampton and gets in the goals.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #712: Aug 09, 2018 09:51:41 pm
      Never really arsed about what people do after leaving us but I’ll make an exception for him.

Really hope he does well with Southampton and gets in the goals.

I echo that. Two horrible injuries and a shed load of misfortune.

Quick Reply