Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118098 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)
      Jun 08, 2015 09:33:44 am
      Reds agree deal to sign Danny Ings

Liverpool FC are delighted to announce that they have agreed personal terms with Danny Ings and, subject to a medical, the striker will join the club on July 1 after his contract with Burnley has expired.

The 22-year-old struck 11 goals in 35 Barclays Premier League appearances last season, which was his first in the top flight.

Ings had found the target 21 times in the previous campaign to help the Clarets secure promotion from the Championship.

The forward has nine caps for England U21s, with four goals to date too, and will represent his country at the U21 European Championship later this month.

Ings faced the Reds twice in 2014-15, featuring for 90 minutes at Anfield in March.186426-reds-agree-deal-to-sign-danny-ings

Welcome home, I like him but we need a top top striker now!

To score more goals than any Liverpool striker this season in Burnley team reflects how poor we were in front of goal.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 08:50:18 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2015 09:41:16 am
       Chelsea watch out.

EDIT  :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2015 10:21:16 am by what-a-hit-son »
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2015 09:42:10 am

He is not a bad striker for sure but as I said we need a top striker now.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2015 09:51:31 am
      The fact of the matter is, like it or not, he is now a Liverpool player. So I hope everyone gets behind him and gives him a chance on the pitch before casting judgement. Good luck to the lad, YNWA...
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2015 09:51:39 am
      Welcome Danny, YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2015 09:55:15 am
      Good luck Danny. At least he fits the profile of striker we need. He will provide good back up I hope.

Now we need an upgrade to really improve the side.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2015 09:55:42 am

There is no need for this really is there? And there is no need for anybody to question or criticise FSG in this thread either.

This is the Danny Ings thread. A player who did well in a side that was relegated last season. A player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet and some people are still moaning.

I for one am happy with this signing. I like the look of Ings and I think he can do a job for us. He comes across as the sort of player who will always give it 100% and fight for his place and those players are ALWAYS fan favourites. IF he doesn't make the step up then I'm sure we can sell him on in a year or two and make some money on him anyway. So its win-win.

Welcome to the best club in the world Danny. Looking forward to seeing you in a red shirt mate.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2015 09:58:06 am
      Welcome to LFC. YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2015 10:05:15 am
      Could prove very good signing, just don't know.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2015 10:08:24 am
      Welcome to the Club Danny, hope you go on to be a hero.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2015 10:09:02 am
      Welcome to the home of legends Danny. Your one of us now! YNWA!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2015 10:14:03 am
      Young, British and free. How can anyone complain about this signing?

I'm happy with this.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2015 10:14:11 am
      Danny, Danny and Divock up front next season.

The 3 D's. Bitches love the D. Let's hope our D's can score.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2015 10:20:39 am
      There is no need for this really is there? And there is no need for anybody to question or criticise FSG in this thread either.

This is the Danny Ings thread. A player who did well in a side that was relegated last season. A player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet and some people are still moaning.

I for one am happy with this signing. I like the look of Ings and I think he can do a job for us. He comes across as the sort of player who will always give it 100% and fight for his place and those players are ALWAYS fan favourites. IF he doesn't make the step up then I'm sure we can sell him on in a year or two and make some money on him anyway. So its win-win.

Welcome to the best club in the world Danny. Looking forward to seeing you in a red shirt mate.

It was tongue in cheek dude. And IF he doesn't turn out good it is not 'win win' at all. Pathetic comment that.

It's 'lose win'. The side and the support loses and FSG win financially.

Not trying to start arguments in here but forgive me for not being over excited by our free (ish) transfer of a striker who doesn't score that much from relegated Burnley. Hope I'm wrong.

Welcome to the club Danny Ings.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2015 10:25:07 am
      Welcome to the club Danny, lets hope you put that round thing in the back of the bread basket.

Young, British and free. How can anyone complain about this signing?

I'm happy with this.

Free? You clearly have no idea about this transfer. He's going to cost about 7m, personally I think that's about what he'd be worth if he was under contract for a few years. We should be paying around 4m.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2015 10:32:17 am
      Welcome to the club Danny, lets hope you put that round thing in the back of the bread basket.

Free? You clearly have no idea about this transfer. He's going to cost about 7m, personally I think that's about what he'd be worth if he was under contract for a few years. We should be paying around 4m.

I think it would be between 5M-7M.

Tabloids have said that we have beaten Manure and Spurshit for this one.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2015 10:40:24 am
      Think he'll prove to be a good signing.
      Welcome to the club Danny!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2015 10:40:30 am
      This lad is 22 years old and is in the age group representative squads for England. He led the line on his own last season for a relegated team and got into double figures. So far in his career he has tended not to get injured, and he looks like the kind of bloke who runs his bollocks off for the shirt every single game. He didn't make it as a kid, was released by Southampton I think it was before he went to Bournemouth. From there he was out on loan to a non-league team for quite a while, and he even took a while to break through at Bournemouth when he came back. Went to Burnley and after a slow start was the championship player of the year last season, before stepping up this this season just gone. I get the impression this lad knows what it's like to clean his own boots, knows what it's like to go in the showers after the game and discover there's no hot water, knows what it's like to have the sh!t kicked out of him on a wet and freezing night in Rochdale. Is he a superstar? No, nor is he a "marquee" signing either. What he is is an old fashioned footballer, one who wants to better himself and by all accounts is a superhuman trainer who works on his game continually. We've had a couple of them at Liverpool before, from such unheralded clubs as Scunthorpe and the like, some of 'em didn't turn out half bad either.

A couple of other points. When we went in for him at Christmas the lad made it 100% clear that no matter what, he was staying at Burnley till the end of the season to try and help them stay up. It made not one iota of difference how much money he was offered or who offered it, he was going to see out his contract at Burnley. Sean Dyche mentioned many times how everyone at the club was full of admiration for his stance, and how his attitude and professionalism was first class. In these days of player revolt, I personally think it was a nice thing to hear. The other thing to compare and contrast is if Danny Ings was called Daniello Ingshasi and was being signed from Bologna as opposed to Burnley, how different would all our reactions be?

As I've said many times I'm a sucker for an underdog. Obviously we need a top striker or indeed any striker who bags us goals, but there's something within me that kind of hopes that whoever we get, Danny Ings is a huge success in whatever capacity we use him. Welcome to Liverpool Football club Danny, prove everyone wrong mate and smash it to pieces.   
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Jun 08, 2015 10:47:48 am
      Moneyballing the sh*t out of this window so far.

100% free transfers (Who aren't free because sign on fees, I know)

Welcome to the club Danny.
      May you score when you're needed to.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Jun 08, 2015 10:48:18 am
      I've watched the kid a lot from we were first linked with him. For what it's worth (my opinion) - He runs the channels very well; finds space, very well; can play off the shoulder; links up, very well and can finish with head, right or left. If he gets any sort of run in a team, playing any way well, he'll score plenty.

Welcome Danny.

YNWA.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #20: Jun 08, 2015 10:57:23 am
      He's an improvement on Balotelli, Borini and Lambert at least.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #21: Jun 08, 2015 10:59:25 am
      Danny Ings: Why do Liverpool have to pay a fee for the Burnley striker?

Andy Burton explains why Liverpool have to pay Burnley for out-of-contract striker Danny Ings.

Danny Ings has agreed a deal to join Liverpool from Burnley but that might not be the end of the matter as the small matter of the fee is yet to be confirmed.

While Burnley have announced that Ings will move to Merseyside subject to a medical, this will be upon the completion of his contract at the club rather than by any agreement with the Reds.

“Burnley Football Club has rejected an offer made by Liverpool,” read a statement on their website. “But will continue to have dialogue with the club in order to reach a resolution over the fee.”

So why should Burnley get a fee for a player who will no longer be under contract to the club as of July? Sky Sports reporter Andy Burton explains the situation.

"Burnley won’t end up empty-handed here if Ings leaves on a free transfer,” says Burton.

“Due to his age they will receive compensation, a practice which has been in place for a number of years to protect clubs who develop their own talent but can’t always afford to keep them.”

Arriving at an agreed amount can be a tricky business. “A Premier League Compensation Committee would be formed, and they would be the ones who determine a suitable amount,” adds Burton.

“These committees are made up of an independent chairman with a legal background, a representative of the Football League, Premier League, the PFA and the LMA. Between them, they will come up with an appropriate fee based on a number of factors.

“They would take into account the status of the club the player is leaving, the status of the club he’s joining, the amount of money the club paid when they signed him originally, the length of time he spent at the club and the terms of the contract offered to him by the club he’s at and the club he’s leaving.

“They would also factor in his playing record including any international appearances, as well as any ‘substantiated interest’ shown by other clubs in signing him and reported interest in a player could see the compensation amount rise.

“The panel would also consider other costs, which Burnley would have to provide evidence of, including cost of training and playing facilities, education and welfare requirements, medical facilities, friendly and competitive matches as well as scouting and coaching fees.

“It’s impossible to guess a likely figure due to the amount of detail, but expect it to be lower than the £12m reportedly offered by Tottenham earlier this month.”

Burnley won’t be the only club entitled to compensation either. Having spent five years coming through the ranks at Bournemouth, they too will be in line for a payment, although Burton believes it would be “probably not more than a couple of hundred thousand pounds”.
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/21476/9878613/danny-ings-why-do-liverpool-have-to-pay-a-fee-for-the-burnley-striker?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #22: Jun 08, 2015 11:01:26 am
      Quite like him - good movement and a bit of skill.
      We still need a genuine goal machine, but he is an upgrade on Borini and Lambert.

Welcome to LFC Danny

Quick Reply