Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

2015 Ashes

Read 53313 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      2015 Ashes
      Jun 08, 2015 04:24:27 pm
      Just a month away now. They kick off 8th July in Cardiff, 11 o'clock normal time - god knows what funny time you Aussies make that. Saying that, it's in Wales so the chances are it'll be pissing down.

Anyway, should be a belting series with England of course regaining our Urn. I reckon the Aussies have forgot what it felt like to win on English soil, having not done so since 2001. Mind you, half their Dad's Army team now was probably at least 50 back then.

8th July - Cardiff
      16th July - Lord's
      29th July - Edgbaston
      6th August - Trent Bridge
      20th August - Oval

Then some limited overs stuff.

Aussie squad; Michael Clarke (capt), Steve Smith (vice-capt), Fawad Ahmed, Brad Haddin (wk), Josh Hazlewood, Ryan Harris, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill (wk), Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson.

Combined age of 20,322 (give or take a month ;)).

Can't wait for this.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: 2015 Ashes
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2015 04:28:58 pm
      Looking forward to it myself Billy even though we'll probably get a good beating.  We'll need some big performances and probably a fair share of luck to have a chance but as you say, it's been a long time since they beat us on home soil  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2015 04:29:26 pm
      Looking forward to it in a perverse sort of way, think the aussies will win 3-1 but hoping for the best and the chance to return the favour and retire a few of the old bas**rds. Need Anderson and Broad on top form. Really disappointed with the end of the last 2 series.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2015 04:59:02 pm
      Looking forward to pulling all nighters so I can watch you poms hoping for the rain to come in by day 3 every test. :f_tongueincheek:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2015 12:13:46 am
      Looking forward to pulling all nighters so I can watch you poms hoping for the rain to come in by day 3 every test. :f_tongueincheek:

F**k off

Tea day 1  :P
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2015 07:26:48 pm

I'll be cracking open the beers if we make it that far.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #7: Jun 25, 2015 11:56:43 am
      Just had one of those mouthy Aussie cu*ts on Sky Sports (think they said he was from Fox Sports over there) giving it all mouth. How we're fu**ed going into the Ashes.

It was great cricket banter but it just makes me wanna beat them even more now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Jun 25, 2015 12:27:21 pm
      Just had one of those mouthy Aussie cu*ts on Sky Sports (think they said he was from Fox Sports over there) giving it all mouth. How we're fu**ed going into the Ashes.

I got into cricket a bit late, and being Irish it surprises a lot of people that I like the game.
      For me, they can keep limited overs, test cricket is what it's all about and I'm looking forwards to this series.

Reading through this thread, you seem to be very knowledgeable about the game, so how do you see it going?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jun 25, 2015 03:06:58 pm

All well and good mate but you realise your team is sh*te?

Couple of the tests fall in my holidays so i can stay up all night and enjoy going 2 or 3 nil up.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2015 05:47:08 pm
      All well and good mate but you realise your team is sh*te?

Couple of the tests fall in my holidays so i can stay up all night and enjoy going 2 or 3 nil up.

Our team is boss mate. As we'll prove with a 5-0 whitewash of you lot.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2015 06:18:59 pm
      Our team is boss mate. As we'll prove with a 5-0 whitewash of you lot.

I look forward to Cook averaging 12 and some bloke not even born in England to become a cult hero for scoring 1 century in the whole series.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #12: Jun 25, 2015 06:57:48 pm
      I look forward to Cook averaging 12 and some bloke not even born in England to become a cult hero for scoring 1 century in the whole series.

I don't think Chris Rogers will become a cult hero just for getting a century for you's in the Ashes mate ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Jun 25, 2015 08:24:34 pm
      I don't think Chris Rogers will become a cult hero just for getting a century for you's in the Ashes mate ;)

First of all, he may not even make the side as his competition (Marsh) just knocked a century against Kent in a tour match.

Second of all, Rogers couldn't score a ton to save his life anyway!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Jun 25, 2015 08:27:27 pm
      Listening to a Radio 5 Live special on the Ashes series from 10 years ago! As a cricket novice with so little knowledge about the sport (I'm from Scotland you see) it ended up being an event and a summer I will never ever forget. Let's hope this summer lives up to some of that spirit, character and passion shown from both sides.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Jun 25, 2015 08:34:30 pm
      Let's hope this summer lives up to some of that spirit, character and passion shown from both sides.

This i have no doubt about mate.

The true English cricket spirit will flow throughout the country all Summer. Strauss, Bayliss and Cook will claim they can win the series until it's impossible and when the inevitable happens, they'll all end up in a verbal bout blaming each other!

Trevor Bayliss is actually from my local cricket club so i do hope he does well in the future.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Jun 25, 2015 08:38:31 pm
      This i have no doubt about mate.

The true English cricket spirit will flow throughout the country all Summer. Strauss, Bayliss and Cook will claim they can win the series until it's impossible and when the inevitable happens, they'll all end up in a verbal bout blaming each other!

Trevor Bayliss is actually from my local cricket club so i do hope he does well in the future.

So England have no chance then?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #17: Jun 25, 2015 08:40:22 pm
      First of all, he may not even make the side as his competition (Marsh) just knocked a century against Kent in a tour match.

Second of all, Rogers couldn't score a ton to save his life anyway!

I reckon you's will start with Rogers and after Jimmy knocks him over for 2 and 0 in the opening Test, the Aussie public will want Marsh in. You'll stick with Rogers for the second Test, Jimmy will knock him over cheaply again. Then you'll bring Marsh in, already two down in the series, and Jimmy will remove him very cheaply as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Jun 25, 2015 08:45:09 pm

Nah he's actually a good appointment IMO but the problem is i don't think the English cricket coach will ever have full control of his side.

I reckon you's will start with Rogers and after Jimmy knocks him over for 2 and 0 in the opening Test, the Aussie public will want Marsh in. You'll stick with Rogers for the second Test, Jimmy will knock him over cheaply again. Then you'll bring Marsh in, already two down in the series, and Jimmy will remove him very cheaply as well.

They could both fail for all i care, mate. The important thing is the urn will be returning with the convicts.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Jun 25, 2015 08:47:20 pm
      Nah he's actually a good appointment IMO but the problem is i don't think the English cricket coach will ever have full control of his side.

They could both fail for all i care, mate. The important thing is the urn will be returning with the convicts.

What....stolen?! ;)

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #20: Jun 25, 2015 08:51:08 pm

You can have the urn mate, the records will still show a 5-0 whitewash for England.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21: Jun 25, 2015 08:57:13 pm
      Can't wait to see how you two carry this out throughout the summer!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2015 04:25:28 am
      Haha it should be good.

Absolutely love the Ashes - the banter, coverage, commentary from Bumble, all of it. Can't wait.

Quick Reply