Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Koloverhead kick Toure
      4 (6.3%)
      Emre Can
      5 (7.8%)
      Joe Xavi Allen
      6 (9.4%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      10 (15.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      22 (34.4%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.6%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (7.8%)
      Danny Ings
      10 (15.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2015 10:14:53 pm

Liverpool 1-1 FC Sion: In game and Post Match hmmm

Read 35405 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 FC Sion: In game and Post Match hmmm
      Reply #529: Oct 02, 2015 04:33:17 pm
      Oh dear.

Many, many, moons ago I got slated [along with Blood, I believe] for calling Brendan a "bull-shi**er". It was rightly pointed out that all managers tell porkies. Rather than argue the toss over the difference I let it lie but... this?

There is [or at least there shouldn't be] no f**king way Brendan should be enjoying what is happening. In fact; he should be totally scundered. He just has to be bull-shitting.

The scary thing for me (if he's not bull-shitting) is that this being said without irony; that is being said by a man who feels comfortable saying it; that he is assured of his position and that is just wrong.

He shouldn't be feeling comfortable or assured: he should be showing shame, anger, aggression and the passion to get things right: not bull-shitting bull-shitters.

I've had enough.  :-[

If for whatever reason you no longer have a team worthy of finishing 2nd in the league you may accidentally misuse the word "rebuild"..lololo. To get us back there would involve rebuilding despite how hard it is for us to hear? (he's also responsible for that tbf tho)

Rodgers::"I am immensely enjoying the job, it is a great challenge and it is a rebuilding."

Slating him for this is also lame imo..  The f**k is he supposed to say?. "My days are numbered and I'm continuously?2 leaving OXO cubes in me kecks?".. lololol.

Can people just accept that there's limited generic responses you can use in front of the camera and even less so when evey man and his Pug want him gone..lolo

He's currently showing that right now he's not good enough, can we just stick to the script instead of hammering the way he walks ffs or other pointless stuff?

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #530: Oct 02, 2015 05:07:01 pm
      I did not see the game, up in the Lakes with a superfast GPRS 'phone signal.

Chuffed when the 1-0 score meandered through the mist and smoke from our log fire, then the 1-1 arrived by owl post.

To my total dismay, the words "weakened team" showed its ugly face, what the F**k is he playing at was my response.

Rodgers would struggle to suck the sweat off a dead man's balls if you ask me. God forgive me, but I'd wish he really would F**k off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #531: Oct 02, 2015 05:31:40 pm
      One thing I have noticed above all this season is we have no change of pace or momentum we are really one paced. This has to be that his players do not get his tactics or formations. the sooner he fucks off the better i cant stand our club being humiliated by half decent pub teams
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #532: Oct 02, 2015 07:43:13 pm
      Quote from bigmick
      What weeks ago hardly seemed possible is the new reality, we are getting worse. We were absolutely awful, terrible and completely bereft of ideas, confidence or inspiration.

You're another one that didn't want to know about this competition, telling us to play weakened teams, knowing full well that playing weakened teams make us well, weaker. So what's the outrage for then?

Also, spending the amount we have, entitles us to absolutely nothing before a game begins. We still have to go out there and win them. The English sides in Europe have won 4 games from 12 since the group stages began, proving that games are won and lost on pitches, not bank accounts.

As for what he says, I said long ago that nobody should take notice of what he says in interviews. He says whatever he has to say to answer the question at the time. Forget about it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #533: Oct 02, 2015 08:33:26 pm
      No matter the faux outrage some are having, for or against the weakened side, with the players at his disposal, it should have easily put away a side that was less threatening, on the attacking side, than Carlisle.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #534: Oct 02, 2015 08:58:24 pm
      Got 3 points on the Prediction League for my 1-1.

;D.

Sad.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #535: Oct 02, 2015 09:01:52 pm
      Personally I think we should be full guns blazing in this competition since it now guarantees a CL spot. May be the best shot we have.

You would think so.... We have next to no chance of being in the top four so we should be going all out to win this competition, and yes we should have fielded our strongest team and only when we are sure of qualification should we have fielded a weakened team... A cardinal mistake   
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #536: Oct 02, 2015 10:33:44 pm
      I suppose the argument against playing strong teams against the weaker clubs in cup games is Carlisle, when we played a strong team... still didn't win the game and had two players injured. 
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #537: Oct 02, 2015 11:16:17 pm
      You're another one that didn't want to know about this competition, telling us to play weakened teams, knowing full well that playing weakened teams make us well, weaker. So what's the outrage for then?

Also, spending the amount we have, entitles us to absolutely nothing before a game begins. We still have to go out there and win them. The English sides in Europe have won 4 games from 12 since the group stages began, proving that games are won and lost on pitches, not bank accounts.

As for what he says, I said long ago that nobody should take notice of what he says in interviews. He says whatever he has to say to answer the question at the time. Forget about it.

Well I'm not one who's ever called for us to dismiss any competition and I'm astonished anyone can defend the fact we were unable to beat the might of FC Sion and scrape past a Carlisle team with the worst defence in the football league with 'we're unbeaten in 5'.

We've been dogshit, all of last season and now it's happening this season, how many games have we won? 3? It's not good enough and Brendan is obviously a huge part of that.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #538: Oct 03, 2015 11:07:26 am
      The reality is we are unbeaten in 5 games. Rodgers is known for going on long unbeaten runs, and we could do with another one at the moment.

Sion were difficult enough to beat here in 96, and were leading the tie then with half an hour to go. They're top of the current group now, so they're no pushovers. If we want to beat them, we'll have to go out and earn it by fielding a proper team.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,656 posts | 484 
      Reply #539: Oct 03, 2015 11:16:18 am
      The reality is we are unbeaten in 5 games. Rodgers is known for going on long unbeaten runs, and we could do with another one at the moment.

Sion were difficult enough to beat here in 96, and were leading the tie then with half an hour to go. They're top of the current group now, so they're no pushovers. If we want to beat them, we'll have to go out and earn it by fielding a proper team.
      If it was Rafa instead of Rodgers,you"ll be sure to lambast him.

Sion were difficult to beat? Are you F***ing serious.

Double standards too much.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #540: Oct 03, 2015 04:19:00 pm

How many of those 5 have we won? One? Draws against the outstanding talents of Norwich, Carlisle and the European power house that is FC Sion. I'm not interested in how many draws Brendan can get us as once again that will win us nothing and keep Brendans competition and big match failure rate at 100%.

Sion are top of the current group not because they are a great team, they are there because we gifted Bordeaux and Sion 2 points per match.

As regards a proper team, how many first choice players were on the pitch on Thursday? Migs, Clyne, Sakho, Can, Allen, Moreno, Gomez, Ibe, Couts, Ings, Lallana. All of whom have been in first team selection previously for Premier League matches.

What was baffling once again was how Rogers chose to line them up and how he used his subs. Taking Ings off instead of Origi for example when we were chasing a win. Not picking Sakho in defence in the starting line up and playing Can in midfield instead of Allen. Don't believe Brendan knows how to field a proper team for any match lately.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #541: Oct 04, 2015 12:29:33 am
      Sion are top of the group, as they're the only side to win a game. They're no powerhouses and no pushovers, we still have to take it seriously, go out there, and get the job done. Instead Coutinho was left on the bench and Sturridge didn't even make it that far. Origi is not a first choice player, and showed why.

Maybe it's just me but when I hear that players are "left at home" before away games in this competition, it's depressing. This is European football, and footballers job is to play games, not stay at home.

Point taken about the amount of games won during this unbeaten run, but it gives us something to build on, with 3 of the most difficult trips are already done.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2015 12:29:31 am by lfc across the water »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #542: Oct 05, 2015 12:15:21 am

Here's our problem. This has been our problem for going on 2 years now. Make of it what you will.

We solve this, we solve our attacking issues. It's that simple.

Is the answer "Areas of the pitch you were likely to find Suarez when he wasn't scoring or assisting"?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6384 
      Reply #543: Oct 05, 2015 12:26:18 am
      Is the answer "Areas of the pitch you were likely to find Suarez when he wasn't scoring or assisting"?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #544: Oct 05, 2015 11:14:32 am

Quick Reply