Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Positivity

Read 19085 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #138: Sep 17, 2015 01:09:27 pm
      I tried to be positive all summer.

I tried to be positive after the grinding out of those first couple of results.

Not sure I can do it anymore while there is little evidence the manager hasn't learned anything from his time here.

Negativity is the way to go mate... at least that way you don't feel as despondent

sadly that last bit is not true as Aussie Red says  "It's f**king gutwrenching"
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #139: Sep 17, 2015 10:36:33 pm
      Football is a simple game.  One of our own said that.

As a club we don't half make it hard for ourselves, sometimes.  As fans, all we have to do is get behind the players.  That at least should be easy.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #140: Sep 19, 2015 07:41:11 pm
      Dubai Royal family to buy Liverpool FC according to "some" sources.
      There's a positive thing..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3420 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #141: Sep 19, 2015 07:45:02 pm
      A real positive for me is the fact that there is a lot of lovely hair in the current squad unlike a lot of pl clubs.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #142: Sep 19, 2015 09:18:46 pm
      Migs looks great.

Backline looks great.

Midfield looks almost great.

Attack looks capable of even more than greatness.

7 of 9 points.

0 goals conceded.

T-2nd on the table.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Nice one mate
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #143: Sep 19, 2015 09:21:18 pm
      Football is a simple game.  One of our own said that.

As a club we don't half make it hard for ourselves, sometimes.  As fans, all we have to do is get behind the players.  That at least should be easy.
      Yeh thats all it takes. As well as putting your hands over your ears and singing " la la la la la la la la la la " that should do it.

Do you still believe in Santa?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #144: Sep 22, 2015 08:08:11 pm
      It's odd how some members' posting quantity is directly proportional to how bad things are at the club.

You don't see someone for weeks if we happen to be winning, then as things take a turn, they become prolific at expressing their displeasure. Meanwhile many of us are here come rain or shine, good and bad.

It's almost as if some folks feed off of or need the negativity in order to in some twisted way, feed their self worth.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #145: Sep 22, 2015 08:55:00 pm
      Yeh thats all it takes. As well as putting your hands over your ears and singing " la la la la la la la la la la " that should do it.

Do you still believe in Santa?

No pal, I don't.  But I still believe in Liverpool FC.  Do you?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #146: Sep 22, 2015 09:03:29 pm
      In the interests of being civil I'll add that I'm as disappointed and despairing about the present state of things as most people on here, but I've seen good times and bad times and I know how to treat the bad times.  I know how negativity spreads like panic does, and the effect it has on talented, decent people who are trying to do their best in a tough situation.  As supporters the lads need us to play our part as much as we need BR, the players, the whole club staff from top to bottom, to do theirs.  We are the ONLY constant.  Everything else can and does change.  The clue is in the name - SUPPORTERS.  Anfield needs believers right now, not whingers and booers. 
      YNWA.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #147: Sep 23, 2015 12:50:58 pm
      In the interests of being civil I'll add that I'm as disappointed and despairing about the present state of things as most people on here, but I've seen good times and bad times and I know how to treat the bad times.  I know how negativity spreads like panic does, and the effect it has on talented, decent people who are trying to do their best in a tough situation.  As supporters the lads need us to play our part as much as we need BR, the players, the whole club staff from top to bottom, to do theirs.  We are the ONLY constant.  Everything else can and does change.  The clue is in the name - SUPPORTERS.  Anfield needs believers right now, not whingers and booers. 
      YNWA.

Superb, cheers.

There are very few positives just now, we just have to stick with it, Personally think its just a matter of time b4 the new lads like firmino click and start banging the goals in, I'm hopeful the 3-5-2 formation can only help this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #148: Sep 23, 2015 12:52:01 pm
      It's odd how some members' posting quantity is directly proportional to how bad things are at the club.

You don't see someone for weeks if we happen to be winning, then as things take a turn, they become prolific at expressing their displeasure. Meanwhile many of us are here come rain or shine, good and bad.

It's almost as if some folks feed off of or need the negativity in order to in some twisted way, feed their self worth.

I've been away on a long weekend, and changed jobs, so never had my links to forums etc. and keeping head down during 1st cple of weeks.

Back now. ;-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #149: Sep 23, 2015 01:48:57 pm
      Superb, cheers.

There are very few positives just now, we just have to stick with it, Personally think its just a matter of time b4 the new lads like firmino click and start banging the goals in, I'm hopeful the 3-5-2 formation can only help this.

but we do not have to jsut stick with it Liverpool FC has never been about mediocrity ....well until FSG came along that is.Maybe we should accept this as the norm and stop complaining that the club is nowhere near it should be in terms of results or performance.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #150: Sep 23, 2015 01:58:08 pm
      but we do not have to jsut stick with it Liverpool FC has never been about mediocrity ....well until FSG came along that is.Maybe we should accept this as the norm and stop complaining that the club is nowhere near it should be in terms of results or performance.

We have not been at the top since 1990 mate.

We have had success over the years at various stages, but still never been at the top. Always just fell short of winning title, but at least we had some glory in Europe & the cups.

If you take a step back and think about it, BR has not been very far off having a lot of trophies, obv. the league challenge in 2012, had a few things gone our way at the end, we would cld have out 1st EPL trophy, and then last season 2 cup semi finals, which we let ourselves down badly, but we were knocking on the door for trophies all the same.

Its hard to be positive just now cos the footi is rubbish as well as the results.

But I have seen that so many times over the past 25 years, there will be good times again, with or without BR.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #151: Sep 23, 2015 02:34:44 pm
      If you take a step back and think about it, BR has not been very far off having a lot of trophies, obv. the league challenge in 2012, had a few things gone our way at the end, we would cld have out 1st EPL trophy, and then last season 2 cup semi finals, which we let ourselves down badly, but we were knocking on the door for trophies all the same.

And he has bottled it every F***ing single time. That's why it's time to get shut, when he can't even win one trophy, something's wrong.

That FA Cup semi last season is one of the worst performances I've seen in any cup competition since at least the PSG semi in 1997.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #152: Sep 23, 2015 04:48:52 pm
      And he has bottled it every f**king single time. That's why it's time to get shut, when he can't even win one trophy, something's wrong.

That FA Cup semi last season is one of the worst performances I've seen in any cup competition since at least the PSG semi in 1997.

Totally agree about the FA Cup semi, it was shocking.

But the 11 players on the pitch let us down just as badly as the manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #153: Sep 23, 2015 05:01:22 pm
      Totally agree about the FA Cup semi, it was shocking.

But the 11 players on the pitch let us down just as badly as the manager.

That's my point though, his job is to fire those 11 players up, seriously it's not just one performance any more, it's a continual on-going concern. Now is that down to the players, or the instructions being given to them!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #154: Sep 23, 2015 05:23:40 pm
      We have not been at the top since 1990 mate.

We have had success over the years at various stages, but still never been at the top. Always just fell short of winning title, but at least we had some glory in Europe & the cups.

Its hard to be positive just now cos the footi is rubbish as well as the results.

But I have seen that so many times over the past 25 years, there will be good times again, with or without BR.

SO you do not count a 2 Cl finals and being ranked number one in Europe success then.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #155: Sep 24, 2015 12:17:16 pm
      As seemingly petty as this is, we are above Chelsea (last years champions!) and may improve or definitely will improve so work out that logic, because this year all the big teams bar Man City look really dodgy.
      No signs of improvement... there will be, we have some really great players. (who have tons of character)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #156: Sep 24, 2015 01:07:26 pm
      SO you do not count a 2 Cl finals and being ranked number one in Europe success then.

Of course not, but it never lasted after rafa & H&G fu**ed us over, and some would say success in on how many leagues we win, and that would be 0 in 25 years.

The old saying the league is your bread and butter.

We have had success in cup comps over the last 25 years, a lot more than other have had tbf. But as folk rightly point out and always come back to its leagues that are success.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #157: Sep 24, 2015 01:25:25 pm
      Positivity?

I'll tell you now as soon as BR dumped his wife of 20 years for the office tart, whitened his teeth and slimmed down I knew we were fuc$ed. You lot can say that's his personal life and has nothing to do with his managerial capacity but that's not true. Someone starstruck, going through a mid life existential crisis or at the very least someone who leaves stability for the first younger model now they're are famous, is not someone who knows their mind. They should not be managing this club. It takes a serious mind and a football man not a film flam man.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #158: Sep 24, 2015 01:31:06 pm
      And he has bottled it every f**king single time. That's why it's time to get shut, when he can't even win one trophy, something's wrong.

How do you work out he bottled it? He didn't make Gerrard slip. We played Chelsea off the park in the semi final and we where just unlucky not to score. You can level many criticisms at him but suggesting he bottled something completely outside of his control is ridiculous.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #159: Sep 24, 2015 01:37:48 pm
      On the general theme of things positive, their was a point last night in which Lallana took the ball backwards and sideways, the ball ended up with Moreno, who tried a positive pass, that just didn't come off and he was booed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,460 posts | 4587 
      Reply #160: Sep 24, 2015 01:39:13 pm
      Positivity would start by a certain individual resigning.

Quick Reply