Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Positivity

Read 19050 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #92: Aug 22, 2015 12:30:55 am
      I am possibly the most pessimistic fan i know. ( and my mates know).  But i am gona try and be be positive this season. It's been hard so far but i'm hoping an uninspiring ( play wise ) start. May turn into an effective playing style that might see us us make a run at the top 4 places. I have no faith in our manager, but i am at least eager to give him o e last chance.

It's been very difficult hasn't it sitting in third 6 out of 6 points and no goals conceded.

I bet you will be a bundle of joy on here when we do concede and drop points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: Aug 22, 2015 08:09:47 am
      It's been very difficult hasn't it sitting in third 6 out of 6 points and no goals conceded.

Mate I'm reaching for the revolver as soon as we win our first free kick on Monday,  I can't stand all this positivity lark,

I'm so f***in depressed,  come on Arse score in seconds, I don't want to die seeing LFC actually winning  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:,

I'm gonna walk alone
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #94: Aug 22, 2015 08:41:43 am

Mate I'm reaching for the revolver as soon as we win our first free kick on Monday,  I can't stand all this positivity lark,

I'm so f***in depressed,  come on Arse score in seconds, I don't want to die seeing LFC actually winning  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:,

I'm gonna walk alone

don't even know why we are even bothering to turn up, give Arsenal the points now 😊
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #95: Aug 22, 2015 11:12:41 am

Your right, it is difficult to watch and be positive. ANY team can have a good start to a league season, but, eventually they will be found out.
      The performance against Bournemouth was really troubling. We should have lost that game, but didn't , simply down to poor decisions from the officials.
      Any fan who aligns our poor play ( good pts tally tho) with the other big teams , indifferent start, are deluding themselves to what is staring them in the face.

Still, we can be positive with the pts.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #96: Aug 22, 2015 11:45:46 am
      2 games, 2 wins, 2 clean sheets.

What a disastrous start we've had.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #97: Aug 22, 2015 06:49:40 pm
      This whole playing bad and winning buisness is really starting to wind me up. Not the fact were doing it because I love to see us win.

But the hypocrisy amongst some is astounding. I'm only 20 but since I can remember Liverpool fans and pundits alike always like to say it's the games that you shouldn't win but do that show real character in a team. It's the games that you don't deserve to win but do which show what champions are made off.

Whenever we lose a game to a so called lower team that we deserved to win against, it's see these are the games we need to start winning, the ones where we play sh*t.

F**k me we actually do it, two games in a row but now it's not to be applauded no, it's bad we'd rather lose and complain about how close we came and how well we actually played. 

F**k off ill take 1-0 win over losing or drawing any day of the week.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2015 07:38:09 pm by vsterling »
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #98: Aug 22, 2015 07:28:02 pm
      This whole playing bad and winning buisness is really starting to wind me up. Not the fact were doing it because I love to see us win.

But the hypocrisy amongst some is astounding. I'm only 20 but since I can remember Liverpool fans and pundits alike always like to say it's the games that you shouldn't win but do that show real character in a team. It's the games that you don't deserve to win but do which show what champions are made off.

Whenever we lose a game to a so called lower team that we deserved to win against, it's see these are the games we need to start winning, the ones where we play sh*t.

F**k me we actually do it, two games in a row but now it's not to be applauded no, it's bad we'd rather lose and complain about how close we came and how well we actually plaid. 

Cheers to that. The right attitude if I've seen it.

I'm having no difficulty keeping positive. We've got 6 of 6, a pair of clean sheets, and our new captain and new signings have all had positive showings thus far. And we're still playing without Sturridge, Sakho, Firmino, Can (one of our star performers last season), and Moreno on the pitch.

Not a single thing to be negative about if you ask me, other than the fact that I'd like to see Can, Firmino, and Sakho become regulars, but if the results keep coming then I'm happy to stick with what we've been doing. Consistency was our biggest issue last year IMO. It's very hard for players to perform at their peaks if the guys around them are constantly being changed and the system is different every week.

We need to find something that gets the best of our players and stick to it game in, game out, with a plan B always of course to mix it up and keep opposition on their toes. Last year it seems like we had (and used) plans A to Z. This season, I'm happy with the results and I'm actually happy that we've stuck with the system so far.

Anybody who's constantly showing frustration, disappointment, and dislike for our manager and players this far to me, has not a clue what they're talking about and are proving themselves to be laughing stocks and WUMs before were even a handful of games into the season.

So yeah, I'm positive. Let's get another result this week and keep on rolling.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #99: Aug 22, 2015 07:41:20 pm

F**k me we actually do it, two games in a row but now it's not to be applauded no, it's bad we'd rather lose and complain about how close we came and how well we actually plaid. 

Yes,winning when not playing well is the hallmark of champions. Yet winning your first few games , and playing sh*t, then losing whilst playing sh*t , is no kind of system at all. We have been extremely lucky in our first 2 games. Now we have an acid test and we can't rely on luck. Any team can have a good start that distorts where they will eventually finish. Fans being positive has no effect on the team whatsoever. It i is down to the manager and players.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #100: Aug 22, 2015 07:42:39 pm
      Yes,winning when not playing well is the hallmark of champions. Yet winning your first few games , and playing sh*t, then losing whilst playing sh*t , is no kind of system at all. We have been extremely lucky in our first 2 games. Now we have an acid test and we can't rely on luck. Any team can have a good start that distorts where they will eventually finish. Fans being positive has no effect on the team whatsoever. It i is down to the manager and players.

Mate we haven't lost. Why have that mentality? If we were to lose yet put in our best performance to date, what would that mean? F**k all.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #101: Aug 22, 2015 08:02:27 pm
      Cheers to that. The right attitude if I've seen it.

I'm having no difficulty keeping positive. We've got 6 of 6, a pair of clean sheets, and our new captain and new signings have all had positive showings thus far. And we're still playing without Sturridge, Sakho, Firmino, Can (one of our star performers last season), and Moreno on the pitch.

Not a single thing to be negative about if you ask me, other than the fact that I'd like to see Can, Firmino, and Sakho become regulars, but if the results keep coming then I'm happy to stick with what we've been doing. Consistency was our biggest issue last year IMO. It's very hard for players to perform at their peaks if the guys around them are constantly being changed and the system is different every week.

We need to find something that gets the best of our players and stick to it game in, game out, with a plan B always of course to mix it up and keep opposition on their toes. Last year it seems like we had (and used) plans A to Z. This season, I'm happy with the results and I'm actually happy that we've stuck with the system so far.

Anybody who's constantly showing frustration, disappointment, and dislike for our manager and players this far to me, has not a clue what they're talking about and are proving themselves to be laughing stocks and WUMs before were even a handful of games into the season.

So yeah, I'm positive. Let's get another result this week and keep on rolling.

Yeh , i see where you are coming from. Being positive, is some kind  of skill in your mind. But, being pessimistic , based on what you have seen, is somehow a flaw in someones character. Better to just go with the flow, blindly shout praise . That is what makes a true supporter isn't it?
      Do me a favour mate and base your opinions on what you see, not what you think you should say. People who are not happy with what they have seen  , and state it on this forum, are not in any shape or form dishellved idiots who have no purpose other than to upset you. They just don't share your opinion. This is not a character flaw, but thinking it is ,is!!!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #102: Aug 22, 2015 08:07:51 pm
      Mate we haven't lost. Why have that mentality? If we were to lose yet put in our best performance to date, what would that mean? F**k all.

I have that mentality because because no direct plan or system has won us those two games. An individual piece of magic and poor decisions by officials  earned us 6 pts.
      Not a system by the manager or great play. Luck.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #103: Aug 22, 2015 08:10:12 pm
      What I don't understand about all the negativity is we've only played 2 matches. If we'd played 12 and were still very 50/50, I'd get it, but we've played 2 -- both of which we won, by the way. There are still 36 more fixtures remaining in a season in which none of the top teams bar City have looked good. Chelsea? 1 point. Arsenal? 3 points. Tottenham? 2 points. United, like us, have a good haul but similarly haven't played well either. They'll all find their form. We will too.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #104: Aug 22, 2015 09:01:07 pm
      Yeh , i see where you are coming from. Being positive, is some kind  of skill in your mind. But, being pessimistic , based on what you have seen, is somehow a flaw in someones character. Better to just go with the flow, blindly shout praise . That is what makes a true supporter isn't it?
      Do me a favour mate and base your opinions on what you see, not what you think you should say. People who are not happy with what they have seen  , and state it on this forum, are not in any shape or form dishellved idiots who have no purpose other than to upset you. They just don't share your opinion. This is not a character flaw, but thinking it is ,is!!!

I'm neither optimistic, nor pessimistic, but realistic (in fact usually more toward pessimistic myself). And I've got no qualms with anyone on either side of that spectrum. Nothing is a skill or a flaw here.

What I do have an issue with is people who say 100+ negative things without saying a single positive one, especially when realistically there isn't much to complain about yet. I can easily understand a few disagreements with what's happened. I for example, disagree with the 11 players we've fielded thus far at the starts and I do feel that our performances haven't been world class. However, we've gotten positive results, there's tons of good things to say about what we're seeing, and folks like yourself have not said positive things whatsoever, but instead have spewed negativity, disapproval, and utter horse sh*t out in order to get a wind up.

You explicitly said elsewhere that Hendo is an awful captain and hasn't contributed anything... Yet he contributed the only assist in our last game and has been a consistent top performer for us. That's a demonstration to myself, that you either don't know what you're talking about or you're just acting on predisposed prejudices and disapproval, neither of which are helpful whatsoever toward fostering any kind of discussion at all.

I'm all for hearing the opinions of others, when they're at least somewhat based on an accurate foundation. Being said, your statements consistently are lacking any kind of credibility and any kind of ability to add any kind of value. Especially when they are being presented in the "positivity" thread.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #105: Aug 23, 2015 03:54:46 pm
      I'm neither optimistic, nor pessimistic, but realistic (in fact usually more toward pessimistic myself). And I've got no qualms with anyone on either side of that spectrum. Nothing is a skill or a flaw here.

What I do have an issue with is people who say 100+ negative things without saying a single positive one, especially when realistically there isn't much to complain about yet. I can easily understand a few disagreements with what's happened. I for example, disagree with the 11 players we've fielded thus far at the starts and I do feel that our performances haven't been world class. However, we've gotten positive results, there's tons of good things to say about what we're seeing, and folks like yourself have not said positive things whatsoever, but instead have spewed negativity, disapproval, and utter horse sh*t out in order to get a wind up.

You explicitly said elsewhere that Hendo is an awful captain and hasn't contributed anything... Yet he contributed the only assist in our last game and has been a consistent top performer for us. That's a demonstration to myself, that you either don't know what you're talking about or you're just acting on predisposed prejudices and disapproval, neither of which are helpful whatsoever toward fostering any kind of discussion at all.

I'm all for hearing the opinions of others, when they're at least somewhat based on an accurate foundation. Being said, your statements consistently are lacking any kind of credibility and any kind of ability to add any kind of value. Especially when they are being presented in the "positivity" thread.

I believe i said Coutinhou's goal against Stoke was a moment of individual brilliance. That doesn't sound negative does it?   I will start to praise when praise is due. When standards are raised and consistently held ,and , we don't have to suffer poor football, played by poor footballers, managed by a poor manager making poor decisions.

I'm just not convinced, yet seeing as this is the "positivity" thread. 6pts from our first two games is at least, something to build on .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #106: Aug 23, 2015 04:01:11 pm
      I believe i said Coutinhou's goal against Stoke was a moment of individual brilliance. That doesn't sound negative does it?   I will start to praise when praise is due. When standards are raised and consistently held ,and , we don't have to suffer poor football, played by poor footballers, managed by a poor manager making poor decisions.

I'm just not convinced, yet seeing as this is the "positivity" thread. 6pts from our first two games is at least, something to build on .

Oh piss off. You're not on here to praise and if we did go on a great run of form people like you unsurprisingly disappear from this forum. You signed up to this forum just to be the pathetic little WUM you are.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #107: Aug 23, 2015 04:48:44 pm
      Oh piss off. You're not on here to praise and if we did go on a great run of form people like you unsurprisingly disappear from this forum. You signed up to this forum just to be the pathetic little WUM you are.
      You really are lucky i'm not a WUM. Because you would be easy meat. And as best as i can recall, all your posts to me are mainly pottymouth insults. No insight or credible riposte to anything, just nasty , childish insults.

Your first post was right out of the blue, i seem to remember a long teeth gritted rant about toxic sh*te, flushing me out to sea and sieving me out of a bowl , well , you get the picture.

But hey, you just keep flying the flag for what it means to be a true supporter.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #108: Aug 23, 2015 04:59:33 pm
      You really are lucky i'm not a WUM. Because you would be easy meat. And as best as i can recall, all your posts to me are mainly pottymouth insults. No insight or credible riposte to anything, just nasty , childish insults.

Your first post was right out of the blue, i seem to remember a long teeth gritted rant about toxic sh*te, flushing me out to sea and sieving me out of a bowl , well , you get the picture.

But hey, you just keep flying the flag for what it means to be a true supporter.

I think I speak for a lot of people on here when I say that responses to your posts don't deserve to be anything near credible. Doing so would legitimise your obsessive WUMMING attitude.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #109: Aug 23, 2015 05:22:33 pm
      I think I speak for a lot of people on here when I say that responses to your posts don't deserve to be anything near credible. Doing so would legitimise your obsessive WUMMING attitude.

Yes, i have noticed how you like to speak for everyone else.
      Got to say , this "positivity" thread doesn't seem to be working at all. Lets hope by 9-45 tomorrow everything will feel a lot more rosy.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #110: Aug 23, 2015 05:34:35 pm
      Yes, i have noticed how you like to speak for everyone else.
      Got to say , this "positivity" thread doesn't seem to be working at all. Lets hope by 9-45 tomorrow everything will feel a lot more rosy.

Maybe if you and your negativity left this thread, which obviously doesn't seem to be for you, it would improve.  I have no problem with balanced criticism, but your incessant Debbie Downer act does not belong in this thread.  And as a by-the-by, an 'I 'spose that was alright' about Coutinho's goal, does not a piece of positivity make.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #111: Aug 23, 2015 05:35:49 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #112: Aug 23, 2015 05:50:48 pm
      I have to agree with little face regards our poor 'footballing' start to the season. Although, against the Arse, I'd rather play utterly abysmal, and steal the points, than play with plenty of verve and swagger, pace and style, have 70% possession and then lose.
      I'm hoping for a slightly better performance than the last two games, and 3 points. That'll do nicely.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #113: Aug 23, 2015 06:28:02 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #114: Aug 23, 2015 07:47:43 pm
      you simply cannot judge a team after two games even at our best we often took 6 games to get up to speed.I expect a really team performance tomorrow night and 3 points that will be a max 9 points which would be an incredible start .We also have a chance to gain on UTD and Arsenal as well as Spurs with a win so its early season but these are massive opportunities to make gains.

Quick Reply