Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

2015-16 fixtures

Read 13893 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: 2015-16 fixtures
      Reply #115: Jun 17, 2015 07:30:54 pm
      Look mate, I'm done arguing with you. You're following me around on this forum arguing the toss over every little thing in everything I post. It's what I've heard from a variety of sources, TAW being one of them. I don't have anything to link you but it's hardly the point is it? If he fields kids and we're knocked out then I can accept that if we're doing well in the league. If we play the strongest team we can and we're knocked out then he will have proved he has no F***ing clue how to manage us in European competitions and short of doing spectacularly well in the league, should be replaced by someone who does. It's in his hands. At this stage all I care about is the league. I couldn't care less about Europe, I couldn't care less about the League Cup, don't give two shits about the FA Cup, I want only for us to put a title challenge in the league and finish in the top four if we fail to win it. Why? Because I'm pragmatic enough to realise we don't have the squad to compete across four competitions so of the four, that's the one I want us to prioritise. It's that simple.

Following you around?
       :lmao:
      I've answered one of your posts in the last I don't know how long, and the only reason I answered is because you were trying to say that Legendary players like Rush, Dalglish, Souness etc etc wouldn't even get on the field in the modern game.

Now I understand your ego is bruised, but the lesson there is not to talk sh*te.

I asked for a source is all.
      There isn't one. Fine.
      There isn't one because the manager is on F***ing holiday.
      So more talking sh*te then.

Apart from that, I agree. The league is number one priority.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #116: Jun 17, 2015 07:33:57 pm
      I'm assuming this is what 5times is talking about....

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/05/brendan-rodgers-to-utilise-youth-in-next-seasons-europa-league/

While he does mention youth, he says about them getting an opportunity...he doesn't say that he's going to exclusively use youth in spite of trying to win the competition.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #117: Jun 17, 2015 07:37:48 pm
      I'm assuming this is what 5times is talking about....

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/05/brendan-rodgers-to-utilise-youth-in-next-seasons-europa-league/

While he does mention youth, he says about them getting an opportunity...he doesn't say that he's going to exclusively use youth in spite of trying to win the competition.

Any manager with even half a brain cell in the Europa League next season will focus on winning it. The prize is too big not to.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #118: Jun 17, 2015 09:01:10 pm
      Rush mate you have just made Everton's day calling them rivals.
      Billy mate , Rush meant Stoke Spurs and Everton are our Europa league rivals .

LFCexiled
      Reply #119: Jun 17, 2015 09:07:25 pm
      Given the amount of predictions flying in based on the new fixtures is there any chance we can start the prediction league now JD?

I might have a chance next season then.

;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #120: Jun 17, 2015 09:24:02 pm
      Miserable bas**rds out in force I see. Already planning the sacking of Brendan just because of a couple of away games.

Alternatively, we could tw*t them all and be comfortably sitting top of the League before we've any had of last season's top five come to Anfield.

And United at Anfield on me birthday, gotta say that it doesn't get much better than that.

Liverpool Football Club, Premier League champions 2015/16.

Ya bar steward Billy, you beat me to it, I was gonna post something similar, like....

We're going to batter everyone starting with those upstarts from the potteries, there is absolutely no reason we can't go thru the entire season unbeaten.......

.......Ok you can stop laughing now  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

LIVERPOOL FC.  Premier league Champions 2015/16.......

Got a nice ring to it, hasn't it ?

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #121: Jun 17, 2015 09:42:55 pm
      Stoke away is t the easiest of games.

Lots of the teams that will be at the top play each other early on. If we are to have any sort of decent season then it's vital we get off to a good start.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #122: Jun 17, 2015 10:06:46 pm

Ya bar steward Billy, you beat me to it, I was gonna post something similar, like....

We're going to batter everyone starting with those upstarts from the potteries, there is absolutely no reason we can't go thru the entire season unbeaten.......

.......Ok you can stop laughing now  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

LIVERPOOL FC.  Premier league Champions 2015/16.......

Got a nice ring to it, hasn't it ?

YNWA

so you will be putting money on Liverpool winning the league. there is a huge difference between wanting success and achieving it.
      Being realistic at the moment is difficult because we do not even know what our team will be.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #123: Jun 17, 2015 11:29:44 pm
      Quote from Son Of A Gun
      In normal circumstances, this is a mammoth task.

But under the current circumstances of our dreadful form, backroom staff upheaval and - being brutally honest - a team that is in disarray where nobody looks anything like a saviour (inlcuding new signings), this is beyond my worst nightmare.

Christ, if Brendan turns it around with these fixtures he will be the greatest escape artist since Houdini.

In the first month, we have Stoke,  Bournemouth and West Ham. In the second, we have Norwich and Villa.  There's at least 10-12, possibly more  points there. We also have 3 of our toughest away hurdles cleared by the October international break, where any points won are great, and any ground lost can be recovered with the returns at home, as happened two years ago.

We seem to do extremes very well here.  Win a few and bring on the world. Lose a couple and we're hopeless. It's only a few months since we were on a very long unbeaten run, beating City at home, fighting them off for Rodgers next signature and not conceding away for months. It's only 12 months since we were worrying whether he was going to get a new contract or not, now many want him out.

Next season starts with everyone on 0 points, and our fixture list is favourable. Now let's make the most of it.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #124: Jun 18, 2015 04:33:15 pm
      Could not get to a Pc when the list of fixture where released and upon seeing who’s Liverpool’s first game of the up coming season was against I could only imagine what was being said hereon the LFC REDS forum…

So I decided to write and post this before reading what has been said on the matter

This will either be a great first fixture for us (LFC) or a nightmare Fixture,
      This will be a chance for redemption LFC, or finally; the realisation of what as become of our once proud and beloved club.
      This will either be the manager and the Lovebirds rise from the ashes of last seasons
      That destroyed all before it last season, or will it be the start of the darkest days for LFC, Brendan Rodgers the supporters

Things will not be easy, Stoke and there manager will know what is at stake for LFC, the manager and supports they will have been drilled, and train for this, they will have been given the speech, told just what to expect, they will know that nothing short of an decisive and emphatic win ill appease the legions of Liverpool supporters and go in part erase the images and true heartache felt by what happen to us at the end of last season they will expect us to be on the front foot from the get go. A loss; or draw will simply not do It will be bone crushing total victory or nothingness
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #125: Jun 18, 2015 05:10:18 pm
      Could not get to a Pc when the list of fixture where released and upon seeing who’s Liverpool’s first game of the up coming season was against I could only imagine what was being said hereon the LFC REDS forum…

So I decided to write and post this before reading what has been said on the matter

This will either be a great first fixture for us (LFC) or a nightmare Fixture,
      This will be a chance for redemption LFC, or finally; the realisation of what as become of our once proud and beloved club.
      This will either be the manager and the Lovebirds rise from the ashes of last seasons
      That destroyed all before it last season, or will it be the start of the darkest days for LFC, Brendan Rodgers the supporters

Things will not be easy, Stoke and there manager will know what is at stake for LFC, the manager and supports they will have been drilled, and train for this, they will have been given the speech, told just what to expect, they will know that nothing short of an decisive and emphatic win ill appease the legions of Liverpool supporters and go in part erase the images and true heartache felt by what happen to us at the end of last season they will expect us to be on the front foot from the get go. A loss; or draw will simply not do It will be bone crushing total victory or nothingness

Indecision may or may not be your problem ;D

You should run for political office. :D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #126: Jun 18, 2015 06:18:09 pm
      Indecision may or may not be your problem ;D

You should run for political office. :D

;D....You should hear what I am like when I am watching Question Time (a political debate program we have here in the UK)

The Misses always I should have been a politician
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #127: Jun 19, 2015 12:30:57 am
      Hit the ground running. Win at Stoke or pummel those pricks, to be precise, then go into those tough fixtures with some confidence. Play those big cu*ts whilst they hopefully haven't got into stride at that point in time and have the confidence to know they come to Anfield later on in the Season.

It's looking rosy already. Come on lads, start us off with a bang and get the season off to a flyer.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #128: Jun 19, 2015 12:59:53 am
      Tough start is what we needed. Focus the mind if them lads don't react on day 1 after what happened only a few weeks ago then you know the players are weak minded as fook. Should be gunning for poxy stoke

Quick Reply