Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

E3

Read 3099 times
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      E3
      Jun 15, 2015 02:26:45 pm
      First time posting a thread so here it goes.

Kicks off at 5:30pm UK time, pretty good timing I suppose.

There are live streams on IGN's apps on PS4, Xbox One and website, think Xbox One have got an exclusive stream as well.

Will try and upload a YouTube link closer to the time as well if I can find one but if others want too that's perfectly fine.

I believe Microsoft are starting the show.

What are you most looking forward too with games known to be at the event and the rumours?
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Re: E3
      Reply #1: Jun 15, 2015 02:30:25 pm
      I'm most looking forward to VR, I'll be looking out for Project Morpheus as I don't have an Xbox One, I hope more titles are confirmed for VR because it's a bit few and far between atm, would love GTA 5 to have it but that's unlikely due to what the big man there has said in the past.

For me there aren't enough titles to make me really want to buy it, the only one that looks awesome to me is Eve: Valkyrie/
      Bier
      Reply #2: Jun 15, 2015 03:16:11 pm
      It kind of already started last night with Bethesda's conference. I watched it on Twitch. They showed gameplay for the new Doom and Fallout 4, a trailer for Dishonered 2, some footage from Battlecry, announced an Elders Scrolls online card game, and announced the immediate release of an IOS free to play game called Fallout Shelter.

Fallout 4 looked alright, graphically not that great but gameplay and story should be really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QK_yEgsV0

Released this November.

I'm not expecting much from VR yet really, have my doubts about how good and useful the first generation of it will be. Starbreeze also anounced a new VR called StarVR, which is supposed to have a much bigger field of view than Oculus Rift, which suffers a bit from tunnel vision while StarVR has 210 degrees field of view, almost double what the current Oculus has.

One of the games I'm looking forward to seeing more of is Star Wars Battlefront.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2015 03:45:12 pm by Bier »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2015 03:36:27 pm
      Never played Fallout 1, 2 and 3, though I am quite tempted to try 4 out.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2015 03:56:33 pm
      It kind of already started last night with Bethesda's conference. I watched it on Twitch. They showed gameplay for the new Doom and Fallout 4, a trailer for Dishonered 2, some footage from Battlecry, announced an Elders Scrolls online card game, and announced the immediate release of an IOS free to play game called Fallout Shelter.

Fallout 4 looked alright, graphically not that great but gameplay and story should be really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QK_yEgsV0

Released this November.

I'm not expecting much from VR yet really, have my doubts about how good and useful the first generation of it will be. Starbreeze also anounced a new VR called StarVR, which is supposed to have a much bigger field of view than Oculus Rift, which suffers a bit from tunnel vision while StarVR has 210 degrees field of view, almost double what the current Oculus has.

One of the games I'm looking forward to seeing more of is Star Wars Battlefront.
      I agree about VR, still exciting but it is certainly not going to be something I pre order, will wait for reviews and I think it needs more games.

I'm not disappointed that you can't fight in space but still looks great, however for me I'm really, really looking forward to No Man's Sky.
      Bier
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2015 04:38:32 pm
      Never played Fallout 1, 2 and 3, though I am quite tempted to try 4 out.

You really liked Witcher 3 didn't you? Fallout 4's combat is more like a shooter ofcourse, first person or third person, whichever you prefer. But besides that it's very much an open world RPG with a great story, alot of depth and attention to detail. I imagine you'd like it. Fallout 3 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Also one of the few games that size that I actually finished. I remember some really cool attention to detail, like a news radio broadcaster kept reporting on my actions, my good or bad decisions. Like when the time I chose to detonate an atomic bomb in a small inhabited town. Then later on I met that radio broadcaster and killed him. Unfortunately the woman who took over from him was very annoying and didn't report on my actions, and I started regretting I killed the first guy. But I like that, when actions have consequences.

I'm not disappointed that you can't fight in space but still looks great, however for me I'm really, really looking forward to No Man's Sky.

I've been impressed by No Man's Sky too but I'm somewhat hesitant. It's a very ambitious project from a small studio. And they've been vague about alot of things. I love the art style though. But it being procedurally generated concerns me, that's rarely done well. Like I said, it's very ambitious. I hope it doesn't end up being like Spore for example, in the way that it initially looked potentially mindblowing when announced back then, but actually turned out to be fairly limited in gameplay and scope. It kind of looks too good to be true so far.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2015 04:51:06 pm by Bier »
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 15, 2015 05:19:53 pm
      Jeez it took me forever to find a link.

https://www.youtube.com/e3
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 15, 2015 07:08:20 pm
      Strong pitch that from Microsoft, as expected, props to them for getting backwards compatibility but it shouldn't have been their main focus.

There was a game called something, it had thieves in the title and was presented by a Brit from Rare (?), it was a Caribbean game, that looked pretty cool and I think VR could be used.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #8: Jun 15, 2015 07:16:14 pm
      Strong pitch that from Microsoft, as expected, props to them for getting backwards compatibility but it shouldn't have been their main focus.

There was a game called something, it had thieves in the title and was presented by a Brit from Rare (?), it was a Caribbean game, that looked pretty cool and I think VR could be used.
      Sea of Thieves.

Didn't watch it all and I've heard of some cool features but not many exclusive titles that get me excited tbh.

EA up next at 9pm BST.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 49 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 15, 2015 10:40:45 pm
      Battlefront looked nice, hope there is co op as well and just not fighting each other. They said something about possibly adding VR in the future which would be epic.

Didn't say much on FIFA tbh, don't know what to make of that, just improvements on defence and the usual BS, need to know about game modes. That game face feature they showed on the NBA Live looked nice too.

Morgan Freeman looked terrible on that game Mirrors Edge I think it's called, looked nothing like him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Jun 15, 2015 11:52:40 pm
      Battlefront looked nice, hope there is co op as well and just not fighting each other. They said something about possibly adding VR in the future which would be epic.

Didn't say much on FIFA tbh, don't know what to make of that, just improvements on defence and the usual BS, need to know about game modes. That game face feature they showed on the NBA Live looked nice too.

Morgan Freeman looked terrible on that game Mirrors Edge I think it's called, looked nothing like him.

Was looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront,
      but they've said it'll be on-line only.

No thanks.
      Bier
      Reply #11: Jun 16, 2015 01:35:49 pm
      Sony's press conference was good, 2 stand out titles. Horizon, a new IP by the Dutch studio that previously made Killzone. Beautiful game:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

And ofcourse Uncharted 4:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL46dpNEPPA

Was looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront,
      but they've said it'll be on-line only.

No thanks.

Not online only, but no single player campaign. Just single player vs bots and offline coop. Battlefront has always been a primarily multiplayer game though, in the previous 2 installments the campaigns might aswell have not been there as they didn't add anything.

Quick Reply