Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Legend or not?

Read 3503 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Legend or not?
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2015 09:04:21 pm
      Managers count? Rafa?

This is golden

Basically, Fowler arrives in Madrid for the Legends game and decides to send Rafa a cheeky text...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/liverpool-legend-robbie-fowler-sends-5913833

:lmao:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #24: Jun 22, 2015 02:23:51 am
      Such a tough question to answer.
      So many top players during our history
      Just going by my following of LFC from the start of the 80's I would go with:
      Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Neal, Souness, McDermott, Barnes, Fowler, Hypia & Gerrard
      Just under that:
      Grobalaar, Molby, Beardsley, Torres, Suarez, Alonso, Reina, Lawrenson, Whelen & Aldridge
      Forgetting so many!!!
      Agh! This is hard.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: Jun 25, 2015 08:48:42 pm
      Just found this quote, doesn't say where it's from though and I couldn't figure out where best to put it so thought here would do as Jimmy Case is one of those who often gets overlooked from our great 70s side. It's all Souness, McDermott, Heighway. Often Case, Cally and Ray Kennedy get under appreciated shall we say.

Here's the quote anyway http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3008;

"Case as a young teenager was quite small for his age. His credentials, however, were established locally when during a football game between the Garston Church Choir and the Allerton Scouts he gave the goalkeeper of the choir a hefty kick when the score was 23-22, with coats as goalposts. Jimmy established his reputation as a winner, if not a bad loser. Even though Jimmy's team lost, his legend was born."

I don't know what's funnier though, the story or Jimmy Case as a Scout.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Jun 25, 2015 09:12:13 pm
      Just found this quote, doesn't say where it's from though and I couldn't figure out where best to put it so thought here would do as Jimmy Case is one of those who often gets overlooked from our great 70s side. It's all Souness, McDermott, Heighway. Often Case, Cally and Ray Kennedy get under appreciated shall we say.

Here's the quote anyway http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3008;

"Case as a young teenager was quite small for his age. His credentials, however, were established locally when during a football game between the Garston Church Choir and the Allerton Scouts he gave the goalkeeper of the choir a hefty kick when the score was 23-22, with coats as goalposts. Jimmy established his reputation as a winner, if not a bad loser. Even though Jimmy's team lost, his legend was born."

I don't know what's funnier though, the story or Jimmy Case as a Scout.

Jimmy Case fully deserved his place in the Liverpool team, we got him from South Liverpool and he never let us down. Jimmy also had a hell of shot, you would not of wanted to be hit in the guts if he kicked the ball at you.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #27: Jun 25, 2015 10:43:56 pm
      Is the point of the thread to list "controversial" choices rather than FA cup winners and suchlike?

If so I would vote for Stephane Henchoz as he reminded me of my own style of play - namely looking knackered after playing all of five minutes! Plus he struck up a great partnership with Hyypia.

Up front its gotta be Jari Litmanen - just wish he could have had some more playing time - what a talent and, as he said when he arrived, it had always been a dream of his to play for LFC.

Quick Reply