Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

2015-16 fixtures

Read 13913 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: 2015-16 fixtures
      Reply #92: Jun 17, 2015 02:46:54 pm
      Totally premature and a bit of a game I know, but if I add Clyne and Benteke to our current squad and then take Sterling out of it and then play those first 18 games now, in my head, we're lucky to come of it with 20/25 points for me.

but if we get 40 then we are "safe".
      i cannot remember a more uncertain start to a League campaign. We dont even know what the team will look like at the moment and there is still a huge amount of doubt about Brendan's future. The next 3 months are going to be crucial for this club
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #93: Jun 17, 2015 02:58:30 pm
      I'm more inclined to believe we'll be unlucky not to have 54 points out of those first 18 games.

I know what your doing and the way you are thinking Bill, and it's a great trait to look at it that way, but when I look at all from a 'where we are at right now' perspective and look at the way we've started our business I can't get excited. We haven't even got a coach and assistant manager which would be a good start before F***ing our current ones off.

I may look at it different tomorrow as right now I'm very, very tired. Very. I look at teams now that I'd normally just see and think '3 points defo' and wonder whether we'd get a point. That's what worries me the most.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #94: Jun 17, 2015 03:03:17 pm
      Thats a brutal start and considering Rodgers record against the top teams its not looking good.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #95: Jun 17, 2015 03:15:18 pm
      I'm OK with having all of those big away matches in the first half and then having them at Anfield in the second half of the season.

Besides,

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #96: Jun 17, 2015 03:18:07 pm
      I'm OK with having all of those big away matches in the first half and then having them at Anfield in the second half of the season.

Besides,

Exactly mate.

Win our home games at start of season, nick a couple of away wins, draw the rest. and we are ok. Looking good for 2nd half of season !

#postivity
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #97: Jun 17, 2015 03:23:54 pm
      Hardly but never mind lad.

You think Salif Diao is a Liverpool legend, you also predict Liverpool to lose. That's why we are so different. That's also why you're not worth my time any more. Good day to you, enjoy your time posting on here in future.

it’s not the thread for it but I never questioned the legend status of the players at the Madrid match, that was my point it didn’t matter! Of course Diao isnt a legend, but why do you care? other teams do it all the time!! We have had Bob Boulder playing in goal for us in some masters comps. That was a fun day in the sun for some former players in our famous red shirt they once wore... and it was all for charity too! Be happy and watch the match, don’t be picking holes in the players that have given their time to play, was my point….

And as for predicting LFC to lose… Im a realist, that’s all!! I hope Im wrong, but I dint think I am!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #98: Jun 17, 2015 03:51:37 pm
      I think we only got two points from those away games last season Everton and Chelsea , Defeat at Arsenal,City,Spurs,Utd and Stoke all loses.
      So 2 points from 21 so lets face it we cannot do any worse and if we beat Stoke we will already be ahead of last seasons total points haul for those 7 games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #99: Jun 17, 2015 04:03:17 pm
      I think we only got two points from those away games last season Everton and Chelsea , Defeat at Arsenal,City,Spurs,Utd and Stoke all loses.
      So 2 points from 21 so lets face it we cannot do any worse and if we beat Stoke we will already be ahead of last seasons total points haul for those 7 games.

there it is...

POSITIVITY.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #100: Jun 17, 2015 04:10:15 pm
      Not gonna lie, I don't feel positive going into this season. Including the Europa league and Carling cup games, I have a feeling we're gonna struggle. Wouldn't be surprised if we end the year under 30 points :o
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #101: Jun 17, 2015 04:25:16 pm
      I know what your doing and the way you are thinking Bill, and it's a great trait to look at it that way, but when I look at all from a 'where we are at right now' perspective and look at the way we've started our business I can't get excited. We haven't even got a coach and assistant manager which would be a good start before F***ing our current ones off.

I may look at it different tomorrow as right now I'm very, very tired. Very. I look at teams now that I'd normally just see and think '3 points defo' and wonder whether we'd get a point. That's what worries me the most.

I understand the way you're thinking mate and the way most of the forum is thinking as well. Things don't look great. F**k it, things look F***ing dire. The signings don't exactly get the pulses racing, the club is going through a transitional stage with the backroom staff and the fixtures aren't as nice as they could be.

But you've known me long enough to know that there's no F***ing way I'm letting any of that stop me from picking Liverpool to win every game we play, especially before a ball has been kicked in pre-season let alone the competitive stuff. The signings could turn out to be Gary Mac and Markus Babbel esque freebies. The owners could pull a rabbit out the hat in terms of our new staff. And we have to play everybody twice in the League  so I don't really care about the order in which they come.

And again, you've known me long enough to know I've never bought into "realism". This club often defies "realism".
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #102: Jun 17, 2015 04:27:11 pm
      I understand the way you're thinking mate and the way most of the forum is thinking as well. Things don't look great. F**k it, things look f**king dire. The signings don't exactly get the pulses racing, the club is going through a transitional stage with the backroom staff and the fixtures aren't as nice as they could be.

But you've known me long enough to know that there's no f**king way I'm letting any of that stop me from picking Liverpool to win every game we play, especially before a ball has been kicked in pre-season let alone the competitive stuff. The signings could turn out to be Gary Mac and Markus Babbel esque freebies. The owners could pull a rabbit out the hat in terms of our new staff. And we have to play everybody twice in the League  so I don't really care about the order in which they come.

And again, you've known me long enough to know I've never bought into "realism". This club often defies "realism".

Fair do's.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #103: Jun 17, 2015 04:27:26 pm
      Not gonna lie, I don't feel positive going into this season. Including the Europa league and Carling cup games, I have a feeling we're gonna struggle. Wouldn't be surprised if we end the year under 30 points :o

He's intimated strongly that he'll be using the fringe and youth players in the Europa League in order to focus domestically so keep that in mind if it goes pear shaped. As for the fixtures in general, there's never a good time to play the top teams away so may as well get it over and done with and see where we end up at the other side. Everything depends upon this Summer's business which has got to do an awful lot of improving over the mediocrity we've signed so far. Get this Summer right, couple of top players through the door and people may end up being pleasantly surprised.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #104: Jun 17, 2015 04:29:03 pm
      I understand the way you're thinking mate and the way most of the forum is thinking as well. Things don't look great. F**k it, things look f**king dire. The signings don't exactly get the pulses racing, the club is going through a transitional stage with the backroom staff and the fixtures aren't as nice as they could be.

But you've known me long enough to know that there's no f**king way I'm letting any of that stop me from picking Liverpool to win every game we play, especially before a ball has been kicked in pre-season let alone the competitive stuff. The signings could turn out to be Gary Mac and Markus Babbel esque freebies. The owners could pull a rabbit out the hat in terms of our new staff. And we have to play everybody twice in the League  so I don't really care about the order in which they come.

Superb. cheers.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #105: Jun 17, 2015 04:51:32 pm
      In normal circumstances, this is a mammoth task.

But under the current circumstances of our dreadful form, backroom staff upheaval and - being brutally honest - a team that is in disarray where nobody looks anything like a saviour (inlcuding new signings), this is beyond my worst nightmare.

Christ, if Brendan turns it around with these fixtures he will be the greatest escape artist since Houdini.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #106: Jun 17, 2015 04:55:15 pm
      I'm more inclined to believe we'll be unlucky not to have 54 points out of those first 18 games.
      Saying that we'll have any more than 45 points from the first 18 games is the line between optimism and pure delusion. I'd be happy with 40 points.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #107: Jun 17, 2015 05:22:45 pm
      We will be doing well to get 36-40 points from 1st half of season, average of 2 points a game is not a bad return.

Over the full season thats 72 points, which is champions league places.

That is the minimum FSG, Brendan and the fans want.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #108: Jun 17, 2015 05:43:58 pm
      We will be doing well to get 36-40 points from 1st half of season, average of 2 points a game is not a bad return.

Over the full season thats 72 points, which is champions league places.

That is the minimum FSG, Brendan and the fans want.

We would be doing amazing to get anywhere near that amount of points after 18 games. We would be in the title race probably.

Wont happen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #109: Jun 17, 2015 05:47:35 pm
      He's intimated strongly that he'll be using the fringe and youth players in the Europa League in order to focus domestically so keep that in mind if it goes pear shaped. As for the fixtures in general, there's never a good time to play the top teams away so may as well get it over and done with and see where we end up at the other side. Everything depends upon this Summer's business which has got to do an awful lot of improving over the mediocrity we've signed so far. Get this Summer right, couple of top players through the door and people may end up being pleasantly surprised.

You make out like we should accept it if it goes pear shaped in Europe just because an excuse has already been made.

What have we become?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #110: Jun 17, 2015 06:20:44 pm
      You make out like we should accept it if it goes pear shaped in Europe just because an excuse has already been made.

What have we become?

If we're playing kids in Europe then yes we should accept it because there's a very high probability that it will go pear shaped. It's not an excuse, it's a consequence of a pragmatic decision. As for what we've become, we've become a team without ambition in the transfer market. Until that changes we're not strong enough to compete on four fronts and I would sooner we focus solely on the league position than the Europa league. In an ideal world we'd be competing on all four fronts but until that ambition materialises, we're living in far from an ideal world.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #111: Jun 17, 2015 06:25:13 pm
      If we're playing kids in Europe then yes we should accept it because there's a very high probability that it will go pear shaped. It's not an excuse, it's a consequence of a pragmatic decision. As for what we've become, we've become a team without ambition in the transfer market. Until that changes we're not strong enough to compete on four fronts and I would sooner we focus solely on the league position than the Europa league. In an ideal world we'd be competing on all four fronts but until that ambition materialises, we're living in far from an ideal world.

Oh, that sh*t ownership thing again? I thought you were saying it was okay for it to be how it is.

*sighs*
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,226 posts | 8571 
      Reply #112: Jun 17, 2015 06:46:16 pm
      He's intimated strongly that he'll be using the fringe and youth players in the Europa League in order to focus domestically so keep that in mind if it goes pear shaped.

Bren's a cheeky c**t at times, if you've won everything in the game, you can get away with statements like that. When you've won F**k all, never done F**k all, it's a bit cheeky to come out with sh*t like that above and be expected to be taken seriously. How about just trying to do your best in every comp we enter and see were we get to.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #113: Jun 17, 2015 06:50:00 pm

Where and when did he "intimate" this?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #114: Jun 17, 2015 07:27:28 pm
      Where and when did he "intimate" this?

Look mate, I'm done arguing with you. You're following me around on this forum arguing the toss over every little thing in everything I post. It's what I've heard from a variety of sources, TAW being one of them. I don't have anything to link you but it's hardly the point is it? If he fields kids and we're knocked out then I can accept that if we're doing well in the league. If we play the strongest team we can and we're knocked out then he will have proved he has no f**king clue how to manage us in European competitions and short of doing spectacularly well in the league, should be replaced by someone who does. It's in his hands. At this stage all I care about is the league. I couldn't care less about Europe, I don't care about the League Cup, and I don't give two shits about the FA Cup, I want only for us to put a title challenge in the league and finish in the top four if we fail to win it. Why? Because I'm pragmatic enough to realise we don't have the squad to compete across four competitions so of the four, that's the one I want us to prioritise. It may be large enough but it certainly isn't good enough. It's that simple.

Quick Reply