Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Fabio Borini (Bologna) - SOLD TO SUNDERLAND

Read 39356 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Fabio Borini (Bologna) - SOLD TO SUNDERLAND
      Jun 18, 2015 03:20:53 pm
      Its understood Bologna are preparing a bid for Borini no fee mentioned yet but i reckon they could get him cheap as we need a clear out and some funds raising to buy quality.

IMO (which means very little) I would say as little as 6-7mil would be enough considering how much game time he got last year. he has raw talent but unless he gets to play it cant be managed correctly.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 11:39:44 am by JD »
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: Fabio Borini(BOLOGNA)
      Reply #1: Jun 18, 2015 03:23:57 pm
      Was really rooting for him to make an impact last season as he seems to love the club, but it's just not worked out for him here. Could be a steal for Bologna or a club of similar standing that will give him plenty of time leadin the attack.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2: Jun 18, 2015 03:34:58 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised at all to see this locked until a source is provided.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2015 03:50:32 pm
      now this IS a player i wish well no matter what club he signs for because he gives his all, which may not be good enough for some but at least he's giving everything he's got.
      he even turned down big money move, regular start because he was committed to LFC shame the manager let him down and never really gave him a run of consecutive games.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2015 04:13:26 pm
      he even turned down big money move, regular start because he was committed to LFC shame the manager let him down and never really gave him a run of consecutive games.

To be fair, 18 appearances and one goal isn't good enough. I always liked his attitude, he did give it everything, but he never looked quality. Even in Sunderland - 40 appearances and 10 goals suggests he won't be prolific. Happy to sell him for around 10m, even 8m.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #6: Jun 18, 2015 04:36:24 pm
      To be fair, 18 appearances and one goal isn't good enough. I always liked his attitude, he did give it everything, but he never looked quality. Even in Sunderland - 40 appearances and 10 goals suggests he won't be prolific. Happy to sell him for around 10m, even 8m.
      true mate cant argue with them returns, think he has to accept any offer now along with lambert we just dont need them as they wont play. both will bring in much needed funds.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #7: Jun 18, 2015 05:38:45 pm
      true mate cant argue with them returns, think he has to accept any offer now along with lambert we just dont need them as they wont play. both will bring in much needed funds.

Indeed, both not good enough to play for us. If we cna land one top striker (not Benteke), along with Origi coming back, Studge to return and Sinclair the youngser in the wings, we'd be in a good place. We're really struggling to attract quality at mo though.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #8: Jun 18, 2015 06:00:08 pm
      Not to be pessimistic, but
      Another Italian club !!
       wait for them to  suggest a  Loan deal, with an option to buy and maybe even we pay part of his wages
        hope I am wrong though
      Hate to see him go , but apart from his will , he rarely made and impact in the few chances he had
      YNWA
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #9: Jun 18, 2015 06:18:54 pm
      He runs alot and seems like he wants to do well

but he has shown nothing of any note in his time here.

He turned down a move last season and still didnt play.

time to move on the deadwood
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Fabio Borini(Bologna)
      Reply #10: Jun 19, 2015 05:56:33 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33206354

Funny how a lot of these lads are in huge demand (according to their agents) when we want to get rid, and suddenly it's all about "new experiences".

Off you go lad, you should have gone last summer, but I respect a trier even if you weren't ultimately good enough.
      Good luck, and hope to see you playing for someone else soon.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2015 01:40:09 pm
      Wait so Bologna is one of these "top European clubs" just chomping at the bit to sign our caged lion?  :lmao: I'd fire his agent if I were Fabio, what a knobhead. Can't wait to see him gone £12m pissed on the lad because he'd worked with Brendan (in the Championship) I wouldn't have had any problems with the Committee vetoing this signing had they been in place at the time. Don't fault the lad himself, for all I know he's probably a good lad, just wasn't good enough for us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #12: Jun 20, 2015 01:49:08 pm

Be ecstatic with 10m meself mate but the Italian clubs hang fire until your arse is in full view over that barrel, expect a loan deal suggestion or some other rip off deal.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #13: Jun 20, 2015 09:32:39 pm
      2m and they can have give, gift wrapped
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #14: Jun 21, 2015 01:46:02 am
      I think he is to blame.  He decided to leave Roma to come here at a time he was still raw.  Should have stayed longer there.  Then got the opportunity to rebuild his career with Sunderland but didn't think much of it.  Now wants to go back to Italy.   Like mentioned he needs better advice couldn't go far wrong by firing his agent first. 
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #15: Jun 21, 2015 05:22:26 am
      2m and they can have give, gift wrapped
      Knowing how Italian clubs deal with us ,we would end up payin 90% of his wages too.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16: Jun 21, 2015 04:34:27 pm
      Knowing how Italian clubs deal with us ,we would end up payin 90% of his wages too.
      With the Italian clubs won't be surprised that we would have to pay most of his wages,  in fact wouldn't surprise me if we are contributing towards his laundry bills and dinner money.   Hate selling to them.   Hope this is the last deal. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2015 12:49:10 pm
      not much happening on this one i hope come 1st july a prem team comes in to bump up the fee, maybe Swansea or Southampton as we could get 7mil from one of them. a newly premoted team would also have a good player in Fabio
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jun 22, 2015 02:00:24 pm
      not much happening on this one i hope come 1st july a prem team comes in to bump up the fee, maybe Swansea or Southampton as we could get 7mil from one of them. a newly premoted team would also have a good player in Fabio

The quotes from Bologna folks came hardly a week back? "not much happening"..?? we cant expect his agent to feed stories on an hourly basis. So, don't disturb the caged lion :D :laugh:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #19: Jun 23, 2015 03:21:09 am
      The caged Lion that stayed inside his cage for a month with the door open! 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20: Jun 23, 2015 06:17:23 am
      Liverpool have put a £10m price tag on Fabio Borini and are ready to offload him this month. Fiorentina, Lazio & Sunderland all interested [Mirror]

So. we'll probably compromise for £7m-£8m
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #21: Jun 23, 2015 02:29:25 pm
      Be ecstatic with 10m meself mate but the Italian clubs hang fire until your arse is in full view over that barrel, expect a loan deal suggestion or some other rip off deal.

I'd rather sell for 6-8m than having to deal with the bullsh*t of a loan deal when it's pretty clear he doesn't have a future here. You're right about the Italian clubs though, massive pain to deal with.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #22: Jun 24, 2015 04:11:15 am
      Italy still see him as a brilliant young striker, you know how those Europeans treat their youngsters. We are the ones f**king up his transfer value by freezing him out.

He should fire his agent? What? The guy who got him a move from ROMA to LIVERPOOL and then successfully kept his client at LIVERPOOL instead of some pathetic basketcase like QPR? Yeah, what a sh*t agent!  ???

Quick Reply