Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Fabio Borini (Bologna) - SOLD TO SUNDERLAND

Read 39366 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Fabio Borini (Bologna)
      Reply #184: Aug 13, 2015 11:03:50 pm
      Here is a thought Mags

You get an offer from a company to leave your present employer and come to work for them.

You are given a massive pay raise lets say ($100,000.00/year) a guaranteed contract and asked to relocate to another country for a minimum of 5 years.

You show up for work everyday, you do what you are told, you work hard but it just does not seem to click like it should for you.

A couple of years later your company hires a few others that do the same job as you.

You have a family, financial responsibilities just like everyone else in the world.

Your company asks you to leave and in fact have found another company for you to work for!

Now this new company is going to want you to relocate and take a major cut (lets say $50,000/year) in pay but what the heck its good for your current employer.

So do you toss the money, relocate and be a stand up fella for the good of your own (soon to be former employer) or do you politely say, you guaranteed my contract for 5 years and show up for work the next day.

I don't want the fella here in the first place..but if you tell me you would do that for your employer I would call bullshit.

In your scenario I wouldn't move, because it's a company. There is however a huge difference between a company job and that of a Premier League footballer. Lets say I work at the company for three years I'm building experience and my CV says I turned up every day and tried my hardest. My friend life as a top tier athlete is far more severe than that in a company. You can't just turn up and try your best and expect your career to just sort itself out. Fabio doesn't gain experience here for three years like a man at a company would just by turning up, in fact it's the opposite. He's becoming less and less experienced out there as the years tick by.

The bit that got me though was when he was offered a contract worth that £60,000 per week by QPR and turned it down because he wanted more money. Even in the company scenario you don't say you want to stay and work for the company that specifically said they don't want you. How many people are like that?

No matter how many angles I look at it I think him, his agent and this entire two year drawn out process stinks.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #185: Aug 13, 2015 11:12:48 pm
      You can't just turn up and try your best and expect your career to just sort itself out. Fabio doesn't gain experience here for three years like a man at a company would just by turning up, in fact it's the opposite. He's becoming less and less experienced out there as the years tick by.

Difference is though Mags, you might have a 40 year+ window in your profession where as Borini probably has 8 years left.

Not condoning anything and I prefer he was not here..but again I am not going to "hate" someone for holding his employer accountable for his guaranteed contract.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #186: Aug 13, 2015 11:20:03 pm

The actor from "My Name Is Earl"?!?!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #187: Aug 23, 2015 03:52:29 pm
       maybe the cage is about to be opened

Borini: “I will join Inter within 48 hours”

SportMediaset reveals an interesting rumours about Fabio Borini. According to the channel Fabio Borini told his friends he will sign for Inter during the coming 48 hours and that he will be in Milan on Tuesday. Sportmediaset reports that Borini told his friends this at the Italian restaurang San Carlo in Liverpool and the channel also reports that the deal for the player is very close to be done
      http://www.sempreinter.com/2015/08/23/borini-i-will-join-inter-within-48-hours/

YNWA
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #188: Aug 23, 2015 06:02:13 pm
      Hopefully true and not a loan.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #189: Aug 23, 2015 06:12:11 pm
      Hopefully true and not a loan.

Good another flop out the door.

Just Balotelli left now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #190: Aug 23, 2015 08:07:58 pm
      maybe the cage is about to be opened

Borini: “I will join Inter within 48 hours”

SportMediaset reveals an interesting rumours about Fabio Borini. According to the channel Fabio Borini told his friends he will sign for Inter during the coming 48 hours and that he will be in Milan on Tuesday. Sportmediaset reports that Borini told his friends this at the Italian restaurang San Carlo in Liverpool and the channel also reports that the deal for the player is very close to be done
      http://www.sempreinter.com/2015/08/23/borini-i-will-join-inter-within-48-hours/

YNWA

was tempted to ask if he meant inter Milan or inter flora but i wouldn't be so cruel
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #191: Aug 23, 2015 10:33:26 pm
      Hope that report is true. Personally think he'll be successful if he gets a chance to play striker there consistently. Hope he's successful at least.

Regardless, good news for us and good news for him if it's true. Balo next and it'd be a successful summer IMO. With the exception of not having strengthened our defensive midfield and CB options, but otherwise seemed like a much less naive window from our management relative to the last couple years.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #192: Aug 24, 2015 03:37:05 pm
      anyone has any acurate figures of the potential fee
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #193: Aug 24, 2015 03:56:29 pm
      Hope that report is true. Personally think he'll be successful if he gets a chance to play striker there consistently. Hope he's successful at least.

Regardless, good news for us and good news for him if it's true. Balo next and it'd be a successful summer IMO. With the exception of not having strengthened our defensive midfield and CB options, but otherwise seemed like a much less naive window from our management relative to the last couple years.

I doubt he'll get in the first 11 often enough for him to make a huge difference.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #194: Aug 25, 2015 11:24:12 am
      borini is third choice for inter transfer wise according to Italian media
      1st) they want Perisic from Wolfsburg, but they say its difficult because inter want a loan with obligation to buy
      if that fails they o to option 2
      2nd )   they want Lavezzi,  talking to agent already, but they see wages too high
      Than if this fails too they will consider borini

so its not that close in him joining inter

YNWA

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #195: Aug 25, 2015 11:31:57 am
      Think this is off! Inter are targeting Lamela and Lavezzi to replace Shaqiri and Podolski.

Inter Milan are weighing up a move for Tottenham winger Erik Lamela, according to Sky Italia. Inter will consider signing the Argentina international should a move for their primary target, Wolfsburg’s Ivan Perisic, fail to materialise. The two clubs have reportedly agreed general terms on an initial season-long loan believed to be worth €6million (£4.4million). Lamela could then move on a permanent deal to the San Siro next summer for €14million (£10.2million)

I think the best we can hope is a loan move to Sunderland or West Ham, esp after the latter have sold Maiga.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #196: Aug 25, 2015 04:53:35 pm
      The actor from "My Name Is Earl"?!?!

Hahahaha no English black footballer with a stupid haircut.

Got ripped from the minute his pic appeared on a Tv programme "He's got a pineapple on his head" to the tune of "He's got the whole world in his hands"

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #197: Aug 27, 2015 11:38:29 am
      no news on Fabio ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #198: Aug 27, 2015 12:22:34 pm

Spuds interested now apparently.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #199: Aug 27, 2015 01:32:10 pm
      He better go somewhere this time. ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #200: Aug 28, 2015 02:00:01 pm
      Tic toc Fabio ... get thee hence ... would be even more mind boggling if he somehow tries to justify staying this time round ...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #201: Aug 28, 2015 02:32:29 pm
      according to Italian media and Italian transfer expert GianLuca Di marzio
      Borini re-said No to Sunderland
       he is waiting for inter-milan to call
       and Wolfsburg and Watford are interested

maybe still looking for the cage key

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #202: Aug 28, 2015 03:25:27 pm
      send him on loan to subway or something. ;D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #203: Aug 28, 2015 09:07:36 pm
      Christ almighty, this guy is like an STD - F***ing irritating and hard to get rid off! Liverpool now willing to put him on loan because we can't get rid thanks to pathetic wage demands.

Appalling transfer - there were many of us willing to give him the chance here last season, myself included, but he really is outstaying his welcome this time. Until Brendan can be trusted never to buy such mediocrity ever again, it may be wise to keep some semblance of the committee in place until then.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #204: Aug 29, 2015 11:13:10 am
      Rumour has it Inter have offered £6m (according to Sky). Gotta say, I would take that like a shot. They are also, supposedly, offering Fabio a 4 year deal. I can't believe he'd turn that down??
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #205: Aug 29, 2015 11:47:00 am
      from Italian media, pasted only the Borini bit

11.30 ANCHE BORINI - Dopo aver chiuso Perisic, l'Inter vuole un altro attaccante. La prima scelta è Eder, ma se non si dovesse chiudere con la Sampdoria l'Inter si cautela con Borini. È stata inviata questa mattina un'offerta al Liverpool, lo riporta Sky. I reds chiedono 8 milioni e potrebbero accettarne 6 più due di bonus.

translation in brief>>>
       After Inter  signed perisic,Inter want another striker, first choice is EDER, if no agreement with Sampdoria is reached ,they will turn to borini,, this morning an offer was made to Liverpool sky are reporting that the reds want 8M but will accept 6 +bonus

I would take the 6M to be honest and leave the bonus ,and get it over with....or maybe make a compensation clause in the agreement, if he is sold again,
      Full article...http://www.calciomercato.com/news/inter-live-eder-siqueira-e-melo-532247

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 12:14:08 pm by carragerrard »
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #206: Aug 29, 2015 09:46:47 pm
      Just take the £6m, move on, we don't need any chance of this going pear shaped over £2m.

Quick Reply