Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Under 21 Euro Championships

Read 19315 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Under 21 Euro Championships
      Jun 18, 2015 07:36:43 pm
      Not sure how many care but England v Portugal right now which looks like a good game. Thiago Illori starting for Portugal and Danny Ings on the bench for England.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Under 21 Euro Championships
      Reply #1: Jun 18, 2015 09:01:44 pm
      England start every single tournament at all levels with the most negative tactics I've ever seen. England senior team does it, the young lads do it, the women do it and now the under-21's are doing it. We go all out attack in qualifying yet turn into a bunch of pussies at tournaments.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2: Jun 18, 2015 09:04:42 pm
      England start every single tournament at all levels with the most negative tactics I've ever seen. England senior team does it, the young lads do it, the women do it and now the under-21's are doing it. We go all out attack in qualifying yet turn into a bunch of pussies at tournaments.

Just don't get that mentality of the English. Never known a nation so F***ing scared of taking part in big tournaments.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Jun 18, 2015 09:11:35 pm
      Just don't get that mentality of the English. Never known a nation so F***ing scared of taking part in big tournaments.

It's embarrassing. Bernardo Silva looks really good for Portugal, he's a beast on FM :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2015 09:14:07 pm
      Garbutt needs to stop taking free kicks, the lads awful at them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2015 10:00:42 pm
      Ah, nice to see a thread here :D

It's embarrassing. Bernardo Silva looks really good for Portugal, he's a beast on FM :D

He looks amazing, doesn't he? But I also like their captain too and their wide players! But Carvahlo is gonna be some player!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Jun 18, 2015 10:19:58 pm
      Ah, nice to see a thread here :D

He looks amazing, doesn't he? But I also like their captain too and their wide players! But Carvahlo is gonna be some player!!!

He's exactly the kind of player we need in front of our defence
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7: Jun 18, 2015 10:39:59 pm
      He's exactly the kind of player we need in front of our defence

That type of player would've been perfect 4-5 seasons ago to sit along side Gerrard, but for some stupid reason, we never looked into it.

I wouldn't be against Carvahlo coming in, but I still feel with Hendo, Milner and Can lacking in the ball playing department, they need an Alonso, Kroos etc type defensive midfielder.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Jun 19, 2015 03:25:18 am
      Mentioned Carvalho in the transfer board seeing if anyone knew anything more about him.

He looks perfect. Sitting deep, beast of a build, always on the move across his midfield and his passing - even off one touch - looks sublime. First time i've seen him play other than a cameo at the WC last year.

Looks absolutely immense that kid (even though he's built like a feckin 40 year old). Bernardo Silva looked the goods, too.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Jun 19, 2015 11:21:49 am
      Mentioned Carvalho in the transfer board seeing if anyone knew anything more about him.

He looks perfect. Sitting deep, beast of a build, always on the move across his midfield and his passing - even off one touch - looks sublime. First time i've seen him play other than a cameo at the WC last year.

Looks absolutely immense that kid (even though he's built like a feckin 40 year old). Bernardo Silva looked the goods, too.

He seems to get linked with a big move to the prem every window for the past couple of years, but a move doesn't materialise.
      I've no idea why, because as you say, he looks a proper player.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10: Jun 19, 2015 12:39:20 pm
      Bernardo Silva looked the goods, too.

That's how Rodgers should be playing Coutinho in my opinion, have him follow and demand the ball for the majority of the match, that's how I like my #10's to play rather than being rooted to one side.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Jun 19, 2015 01:52:18 pm
      He seems to get linked with a big move to the prem every window for the past couple of years, but a move doesn't materialise.

I remember him being linked to Arsenal last season for £20m or so. Steal if that is his price.

That's how Rodgers should be playing Coutinho in my opinion, have him follow and demand the ball for the majority of the match, that's how I like my #10's to play rather than being rooted to one side.

Me too. Just give Phil free reign and build the team around him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Jun 19, 2015 02:03:30 pm
      I remember him being linked to Arsenal last season for £20m or so. Steal if that is his price.

Agreed.
      Would love him here, but I keep wondering why he hasn't been snapped up yet.
      It can't be for lack of ability, that's for sure.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #13: Jun 19, 2015 02:55:20 pm

Carvalho's buyout clause is always reported/rumored to be something like £37m.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Jun 19, 2015 03:23:01 pm
      (off topic here, but since there is no specific thread, there it goes)

U-20 World Cup Final: Brazil vs Serbia tomorrow. It's gonna be 2am in the morning here. I'll probably be at a bar with a tv so it's likely I'll drunkenly watch it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15: Jun 19, 2015 03:26:53 pm
      Carvalho's buyout clause is always reported/rumored to be something like £37m.

ahh, maybe that's why then.
      £37 m does seem an awful lot, but if he keeps on developing he'll be a F***ing monster of a player at his peak.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Jun 19, 2015 04:27:37 pm
      (off topic here, but since there is no specific thread, there it goes)

U-20 World Cup Final: Brazil vs Serbia tomorrow. It's gonna be 2am in the morning here. I'll probably be at a bar with a tv so it's likely I'll drunkenly watch it.

on at 6 in the morning in the uk so a skyplus job
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Jun 20, 2015 08:57:53 am
      Just watched the Brazil v Serbia on the television, Serbia won 2-1 after extra time. The Serbian Keeper had a cracker of a match, don't know what club he plays for but after that display I am sure the big clubs will be knocking on his door. He also won the golden glove for the tournament and deservedly so.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Jun 20, 2015 11:35:18 am
      Just watched the Brazil v Serbia on the television, Serbia won 2-1 after extra time. The Serbian Keeper had a cracker of a match, don't know what club he plays for but after that display I am sure the big clubs will be knocking on his door. He also won the golden glove for the tournament and deservedly so.

He's a wonderkid keeper on FM :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Jun 20, 2015 11:38:50 am
      He's a wonderkid keeper on FM :D

:D thought the same thing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20: Jun 20, 2015 07:01:06 pm
      Looks like Can is playing CM with Kimmich probably as the DM. Kimmic looks like a ball playing defensive midfielder from what I've seen last game, so hopefully, we will see Can play as a box-box midfielder!

Kick off in 45 mins
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21: Jun 20, 2015 08:35:23 pm
      Nice assist from Can!

With Can being good as a CB/RCB, he is surprisingly poor defensively as a midfielder.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jun 21, 2015 06:10:34 pm
      This England team is so bad to watch. They're so slow in their build up and the crosses are shocking.

Quick Reply