Trending Topics

      Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

      Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

      Joe Gomez Player Thread

      Read 96117 times
      0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • ******
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #1075: Apr 26, 2021 04:50:04 pm
      Now Keith, i completely understand that you are a Manc but these comments are deluded sir, even for a Manc.

      Gomez has been outstanding alongside VVD and make no mistake, it takes 2 to make a partnership. Fast as f**k, solid, strong, good in the air, comfortable on the ball and still a baby in the centre back world. I think they compliment each other very well.

      He's still only 23 years old! I'd take Gomez over that fuckshot Slabhead any day of the week.

      The jury's out till he comes back and proves my comments unfounded then. He was poor though before getting injured.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • ****

      • 608 posts | 231 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #1076: Apr 27, 2021 07:00:30 pm
      I really don't see what you allegedly see. There was a time when he was playing really well but then deteriorated about 2/3 months before he got injured. He's not the man to partner VVD. For me he's a wink link and needs replacing. Injury prone too which might be the reason he wasn't playing at his best.
      I can see where you are coming from (although I disagree). He's not a flashy player, plays with a partner who gets most of the attention and is world class. However, Joe is the type of player that will give you the constant 7/10  90% of the time (the other 10% of time you might get a stinker or a MOTM performance). He did struggle a bit in the first month or so whenever he was coming back from a long injury but other than that I think the man is underrated for what he brings, the quality at which he brings it and the consistency with which he brings it. 

      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • ******
      • 17,744 posts | 4709 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #1077: Apr 28, 2021 12:59:20 am
      No no no,  ;D for me it was when you really lost VVD. Gomez was bang average (( at best ) prior to his injury

      Stop talking Wank, U Mank!!  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • ******
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #1078: Apr 28, 2021 08:27:05 am

      Time will tell little man.  :P

      Quick Reply