Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 169976 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1334: Jan 07, 2024 07:11:07 pm
      Another solid show today from Joe. Seems to have rediscovered some of his old zip as well.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #1335: Jan 07, 2024 08:00:16 pm
      He IS going to score a goal.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1336: Jan 07, 2024 10:07:37 pm
      I feel ya, bud. Especially cutting in on his right foot. I swear he looks like a real LB.

Well done, Joe. You deserve all the praise
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1337: Jan 07, 2024 10:59:40 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1338: Jan 08, 2024 05:44:01 am

Is this in your dreams Longy. 😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #1339: Jan 08, 2024 08:23:44 am
      Dominated Saka for the second time in two weeks. Well in Joe.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #1340: Jan 08, 2024 10:47:57 am
      In truth I have no idea if its in my dreams as I am one of those people who can't remember any dreams. So in the absence of dream reference, I instead make my statement purely down to Bayesian inference....So instead of thinking in certainties, will he score, yes or no, I apply probabilities and start thinking of chances and odds. The more he plays, his odds of scoring go up. The more forward he gets up the pitch, his odds of scoring go up. The closer he gets to scoring, his confidence of scoring increases, and his chances of scoring go up...but as a betting man you know all this.
      Have a good day fella
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #1341: Jan 08, 2024 04:50:29 pm
      Excellent Player, just lacks confidence at the moment. Our light weight , leaky midfield doesnt help

He was good after his injury too. ALL our defenders look sh*t at the moment. Our weak midfield just makes them all EXTRA vulnerable. It was Trent first, Now Joe, eventually they're gonna say VVD is past it, then if Robertson makes a mistake it'll eventually be all his fault. Even Konate looked useless after making it to a world cup final ;D.

Its just easy (and lazy) to scapegoat individuals. Much harder to analyze the system. BUT ANYWAYS lets all PILE ON JOE!!

i was ridiculed and mocked for these 2 comments on page 55. Please allow me to gloat.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #1342: Jan 11, 2024 06:23:29 am
      Joe 'what a miss' Gómez is like a new signing these last 12 months. Keep it up son....
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1343: Jan 11, 2024 08:57:06 am
      Reckon there’s a goal coming soon from this left/wing back position.

Have to say he’s been immense since he’s got a run of games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1344: Jan 11, 2024 09:02:29 am
      Reckon there’s a goal coming soon from this left/wing back position.

Have to say he’s been immense since he’s got a run of games.

He has been fantastic.

Stays in the side even when Robbo is fit for me. He has the shirt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1345: Jan 11, 2024 10:21:37 am
      He has been fantastic.

When robbo is back and fully fit, hes straight in, get gomez at RB, so trent can play MF more often.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1346: Jan 11, 2024 10:38:02 am
      He has been fantastic.

Absolutely no chance he stays in the team over Robbo. No chance.

Happy to see him in at CB or RB if trent isn't back but when Robbo is ready to start games he's back in. One of our best attacking weapons and sound defensively. A f*cking leader of men too.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1347: Jan 11, 2024 10:44:30 am
      To have someone that can cover every defensive position and to a high standard is absolutely sensational. What a season this man is having!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #1348: Jan 11, 2024 11:34:44 am
      Yeah, what a job he's done. Robbo will have to work hard to reclaim his place in the first eleven.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1349: Jan 11, 2024 11:59:15 am
      Absolutely no chance he stays in the team over Robbo. No chance.

Happy to see him in at CB or RB if trent isn't back but when Robbo is ready to start games he's back in. One of our best attacking weapons and sound defensively. A f*cking leader of men too.

Shouldn't jump straight back in and I don't think he will.

Feeling Jürgen will only change if Joe's form drops.

Hasn't put a foot wrong and to be brutally honest Robertson as an attacking force was nowhere near his normal levels anyway.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1350: Jan 11, 2024 12:12:59 pm
      Shouldn't jump straight back in and I don't think he will.

Feeling Jürgen will only change if Joe's form drops.

Hasn't put a foot wrong and to be brutally honest Robertson as an attacking force was nowhere near his normal levels anyway.

Robertson has done it for years ... not a few weeks. And he's a left back ... the best in the league. When he's ready to start he's back in. Joe has done great ... its nice to know he's there for sure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1351: Jan 11, 2024 12:31:48 pm
      Gomez was another player that people wanted to get rid of but he is a player that Klopp loves

He is another that will be in the next England squad - he is the best English CB let alone the most versatile
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #1352: Jan 11, 2024 12:59:40 pm
      Robertson has done it for years ... not a few weeks. And he's a left back ... the best in the league. When he's ready to start he's back in. Joe has done great ... its nice to know he's there for sure.

That sentiment is dangerous. It's what screwed us over big time in 2014/2015 when carrying a Gerrard who was a shadow of his former self that left massive gaps in the midfield for opponents to exploit.

Robbo I'm sure will prove himself in training once and displace Gomez in time, but right now the present is all that matters and what the present tells us is that Joe is doing a fantastic job there. You don't have a right to walk in just because you've done it in the past. Klopp has built his success on meritocracy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #1353: Jan 11, 2024 01:23:44 pm
      Gomez has done well but not having a left footer in that position hurts us IMO. Last night Gomez, Jones and Diaz were all looking to come inside on their right foot and we were predictable.

Once Robbo is fully fit he comes straight in for me. Would like to see Joe move to right back though so we can try Trent in midfield a bit more.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #1354: Jan 11, 2024 03:44:47 pm
      Gomez has done well but not having a left footer in that position hurts us IMO. Last night Gomez, Jones and Diaz were all looking to come inside on their right foot and we were predictable.

Once Robbo is fully fit he comes straight in for me. Would like to see Joe move to right back though so we can try Trent in midfield a bit more.

I agree having a right footer at left back is not ideal.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1355: Jan 11, 2024 04:32:35 pm
      That sentiment is dangerous. It's what screwed us over big time in 2014/2015 when carrying a Gerrard who was a shadow of his former self that left massive gaps in the midfield for opponents to exploit.

Robbo I'm sure will prove himself in training once and displace Gomez in time, but right now the present is all that matters and what the present tells us is that Joe is doing a fantastic job there. You don't have a right to walk in just because you've done it in the past. Klopp has built his success on meritocracy.

A 35 year old past his best Gerrard and the best left back in the league still in his 20s. Behave yourself. Robbo will be back good as new. And straight back in ... as he should be. Not even a debate. Gomez has a few good games after 3 years in the wilderness and people going overboard saying he's took Robertsons place  ... I want to see him playing game after game at a high level at cb ... displaying something like robbo's consistency . He will get more games then and right back too. But hes doing a great job standing in ... no more than that. Not good for tsmikas though.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2024 04:42:12 pm by Don77 »
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1356: Jan 11, 2024 04:40:42 pm

With you on that mate

Quick Reply