Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 166863 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #299: Oct 21, 2016 09:32:52 pm
      It may also be interesting to point out that Kasey Palmer is on loan at Huddersfield and they player in the academy at Charlton together.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #300: Nov 13, 2016 02:04:50 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #301: Nov 13, 2016 04:28:43 pm
      Excited to see how he develops when he does come back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #303: Nov 13, 2016 04:44:26 pm
      Go on Brewster! ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #304: Nov 14, 2016 11:15:55 am

Looks to have something special about him that lad.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #305: Nov 24, 2016 12:50:29 pm
      Came through 90 minutes for the U23's in their 4-0 win vs Burnley last night.

So looking forward to seeing him back for the first team at some point in the future, he's got a big future ahead of him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/244226-joe-gomez-plays-90-minutes-as-u23s-beat-burnley
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #306: Dec 03, 2016 06:51:21 pm
      Another 90 minutes under his belt for the u23s today.  Slowly but surely he's getting there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #307: Dec 13, 2016 05:10:13 pm
      Subbed at halftime for U23s last night, but press talk is that this is so he can make the bench for the first team on Wednesday (with Lovren in doubt). Hope so for Joe's sake. Klopp seems to be a big fan.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #308: Dec 13, 2016 05:16:47 pm
      Subbed at halftime for U23s last night, but press talk is that this is so he can make the bench for the first team on Wednesday (with Lovren in doubt). Hope so for Joe's sake. Klopp seems to be a big fan.

Oh he's a big fan of Gomez alright.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #309: Dec 13, 2016 05:39:09 pm

That's the word on the streets mate but it's a sudden change from what JĆ¼rgen said on Saturday.  Maybe the injury to Lovren is worse than first thought but it still doesn't make sense as we've still got Lucas and Klaven, unless JĆ¼rgen doesn't fancy either of them for this game.

10th December 2016
      Klopp reveals fitness plan for Joe Gomez

Steve Hunter
      @Shunter77

JĆ¼rgen Klopp has revealed that Joe Gomez will remain at Liverpool as he continues to build up his match fitness rather than head out on loan in 2017.

The 19-year-old has made three outings for the U23s since his return after a year out of action with anterior cruciate ligament and Achilles injuries.

Klopp is a big admirer of Gomez, calling him an 'unbelievable talent', and the Liverpool manager feels he will benefit greatly by training every day at Melwood and continuing to improve his match sharpness by playing in Premier League 2 for the U23s.

Asked if Gomez would compete for a first-team spot in the new year or head out on loan, Klopp told the Liverpool Echo: ā€œNo to the second question about a loan.

ā€œFor us, I donā€™t think so.  We had a very good talk.  What I think about Joe Gomez is he is an unbelievable talent, which everybody knew before.

ā€œItā€™s a long injury and if we send him on loan, with his quality, a team will play him every game.  That is not what he needs in the moment.  Because he was a long time injured he needs us to judge: ā€˜now play, now stop, rest, work on this, do this, do a little bit on thisā€™.ā€

Klopp insists there is no pressure on Gomez to be ready for first-team duty just yet and added he is a big part of his plans for the years ahead.

ā€œHeā€™s our boy for the future 100 per cent,ā€ he said.

ā€œThis half a year playing I donā€™t know, playing the highest level he can, maybe.  We have him.  So maybe he is an option for the first team.  But maybe not for this season.

ā€œHis pre-season has already started and he can get match time, and will have match time for sure with the U23s.  Thatā€™s very important.

ā€œHe was not part of all our tactical drills and all the things we did.  Now he is a part of it.  And he has to learn a lot which is good.

ā€œThereā€™s no rush for him, and no rush for me.  At this moment I would say ā€˜no loanā€™ but everything else, we will see.ā€

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #310: Dec 13, 2016 07:15:40 pm
      Maybe Klavan is the starter and Lucas is considered the sub in midfield with Can and Grujic injured and Stewart having played 90 last night. so the defensive subs would be Gomez and Moreno, other subs being TAA, Lucas, Woodburn and Ejaria.

That's the word on the streets mate but it's a sudden change from what JĆ¼rgen said on Saturday.  Maybe the injury to Lovren is worse than first thought but it still doesn't make sense as we've still got Lucas and Klaven, unless JĆ¼rgen doesn't fancy either of them for this game.

10th December 2016
      Klopp reveals fitness plan for Joe Gomez

Steve Hunter
      @Shunter77

JĆ¼rgen Klopp has revealed that Joe Gomez will remain at Liverpool as he continues to build up his match fitness rather than head out on loan in 2017.

The 19-year-old has made three outings for the U23s since his return after a year out of action with anterior cruciate ligament and Achilles injuries.

Klopp is a big admirer of Gomez, calling him an 'unbelievable talent', and the Liverpool manager feels he will benefit greatly by training every day at Melwood and continuing to improve his match sharpness by playing in Premier League 2 for the U23s.

Asked if Gomez would compete for a first-team spot in the new year or head out on loan, Klopp told the Liverpool Echo: ā€œNo to the second question about a loan.

ā€œFor us, I donā€™t think so.  We had a very good talk.  What I think about Joe Gomez is he is an unbelievable talent, which everybody knew before.

ā€œItā€™s a long injury and if we send him on loan, with his quality, a team will play him every game.  That is not what he needs in the moment.  Because he was a long time injured he needs us to judge: ā€˜now play, now stop, rest, work on this, do this, do a little bit on thisā€™.ā€

Klopp insists there is no pressure on Gomez to be ready for first-team duty just yet and added he is a big part of his plans for the years ahead.

ā€œHeā€™s our boy for the future 100 per cent,ā€ he said.

ā€œThis half a year playing I donā€™t know, playing the highest level he can, maybe.  We have him.  So maybe he is an option for the first team.  But maybe not for this season.

ā€œHis pre-season has already started and he can get match time, and will have match time for sure with the U23s.  Thatā€™s very important.

ā€œHe was not part of all our tactical drills and all the things we did.  Now he is a part of it.  And he has to learn a lot which is good.

ā€œThereā€™s no rush for him, and no rush for me.  At this moment I would say ā€˜no loanā€™ but everything else, we will see.ā€
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #311: Dec 13, 2016 07:27:34 pm
      Maybe Klavan is the starter and Lucas is considered the sub in midfield with Can and Grujic injured and Stewart having played 90 last night. so the defensive subs would be Gomez and Moreno, other subs being TAA, Lucas, Woodburn and Ejaria.

Possibly mate, I just doubt he'll get game time so soon after Jurgens comments.  If the youngsters are going to be on the bench, it would be nice if they could be used but that means the seniors have to do their jobs first and get a good enough lead.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #312: Dec 13, 2016 07:52:05 pm
      Possibly mate, I just doubt he'll get game time so soon after Jurgens comments.  If the youngsters are going to be on the bench, it would be nice if they could be used but that means the seniors have to do their jobs first and get a good enough lead.

I expect those three to get playing time tomorrow> I thought Bobby especially looked tired at the weekend.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #313: Dec 13, 2016 08:40:47 pm
      I expect those three to get playing time tomorrow> I thought Bobby especially looked tired at the weekend.

You may well be right Rob.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #314: Dec 15, 2016 03:45:27 am
      2 out of 3 as it turns out. I thought he might get subs on a bit earlier, but I think everyone was enjoying the team being in such control of things after the past two matches, so as long as they can give the full-throttle effort at the weekend, why not.

Joe is obviously getting very close.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #315: Dec 29, 2016 09:43:53 am
      Pearce saying that Joe's impressive U23 performances have put him into the first team squad now that Lucas is set to leave.
      Hopefully we get to see him in the early rounds of the FA Cup.

I can see a partnership of Matip and Gomez eventually as our first choice.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #316: Dec 30, 2016 04:06:57 pm
      He did another 90 minutes for the u-23 today.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #317: Jan 08, 2017 04:03:43 pm
      Welcome back wee Joe. Didn't miss a beat.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #318: Jan 08, 2017 05:17:58 pm
      Great to see him back!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #319: Jan 08, 2017 05:45:48 pm

Exactly Mags, brilliant to see the young lad back after such a hard road.

Will have been fantastic for him that and I certainly enjoyed seeing him back in our colours again. Now best of luck with a long spell healthy Joe!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #320: Jan 08, 2017 07:40:59 pm
      Looked rusty but wouldn't expect any different. Could be anything at all this lad (including not good enough obviously) but he now deserves to get himself injury free and have a proper go at it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #321: Jan 13, 2017 09:45:17 pm
      Was impressed by young joe the other night. After so long out, to play the full 90 and appear to not get too weary was great to see.
      Want to see him play a cup game at left back in order to give us a better option than Moreno. When he played there last season I was confident that the position would be his for 2016/17. Injury, Alberto's ineptitude and the brilliance of Milner in the left back role has seen a different situation for him now.

Quick Reply