Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 166895 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #966: Nov 11, 2020 04:29:48 pm
      Couldn’t be much worse could it
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #967: Nov 11, 2020 04:31:34 pm
      Heard it’s a knee injury. Let’s hope I heard wrong. Either way, speedy recovery, Joe.

Thought he improved massively over the last few games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #968: Nov 11, 2020 04:33:24 pm
      When we lift that trophy this year it’s going to be quite the story considering how many CBS we’ve gone through.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #969: Nov 11, 2020 04:36:20 pm
      Couldn’t be much worse could it
      Don't jinx it. This season seems to be daring us to think, even for a second, we've seen it all 
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #970: Nov 11, 2020 04:36:25 pm
      Knee again..... my word. Gotta feel for the lad. Be some effort if we win something this season...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #971: Nov 11, 2020 04:40:48 pm
      Ridiculous that we won't find more out until that wsistcoated w**ker graces the press with his presence
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #972: Nov 11, 2020 04:43:18 pm
      Friendlies and this Nations League bollocks, what a total and utter cluster F**k in this condensed season, emergency loan deals should be sanctioned for long term injurys on International duty.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #973: Nov 11, 2020 05:02:00 pm
      So it will be matip and Fabinho until January at best.
      Williams and Phillips will be the ones who are on stand by.

That’s where we are at. Not much we can do about it. A lot of players are getting injured right now.

Just hope Robertson can stay fit.

Chance for the youth.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #974: Nov 11, 2020 05:18:24 pm
      Just looking at who’s available right now..
      You have Ashley Williams..
      And some Croatian player that played for Celtic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #975: Nov 11, 2020 05:35:55 pm
      It’s giving the knee that’s causing this I’m sure.
      Too much weight on one knee for highly trained specimens. Need to stop it now  😂😂😂😂😳😳
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #976: Nov 11, 2020 05:36:17 pm
      Too much weight on one knee for highly trained specimens. Need to stop it now  😂😂😂😂😳😳
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #977: Nov 11, 2020 05:42:40 pm
      None of us has any idea of how bad it is as yet, plenty jumping to conclusions, so if there is any positivity to be had it’s Matip is back playing, Fabinho should be back after the dreaded International break, and we have seen both Rhys & Nat perform admirably, we just need to hope that Joel stays injury free and that whatever injury Joe has it’s weeks rather months,

One thing is for certain tho, we simply HAVE to buy in Jan, and I immediately thought of Koulibaly, and I would like to think that Mr Edwards will be on the phone as we type, we are a third of the way thru November so not so long to wait until January,

On a negative note, after learning that the EPL are unlikely to budge over the 5 subs issue, is it time for clubs now to withdraw their players from international duty unless they are meaningful qualifiers, as for meaningless friendly games the can F**k RIGHT OFF !

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #978: Nov 11, 2020 05:47:18 pm

By that logic my right arm should be hanging off
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #979: Nov 11, 2020 05:50:14 pm
      Why are friendlies and nations league games being played? I get that small FAs need the money to survive but why not pinch a 2 or 3 millions from each of the bigger FAs a give it to those smaller ones and avoid those ridiculous friendlies and nations league games in the middle of a super compressed season that is already being played in the middle of a pandemic where each flight is another risk of covid infections.

Also, the PL or the FA (whoever takes those decisions) gotta wake up and allow the 5 subs rule. I understood the argument of clubs with less money to spend being in a disadvantageous position but cry me a river really. The PL clubs spent more than ever this summer and smaller clubs spent a sizeable chunk of that money. At this rate we'll be fielding the u-23s before long.
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #980: Nov 11, 2020 06:21:42 pm
      Knee injury according to James Pearce.

I'm not getting into an argument on klopp should have bought another defender.  But his first act in the market in the window was to sell an experienced centre half ... he chose not to replace him and go with 3 senior centre backs, 2 of whom he knew are made of glass. Fabinho is ok for an emergency 5th choice as we have midfield cover. But he is one of the top holding midfielders in the world. Not buying a centre back not only left us short at the back but also meant we had to weaken our midfield to move fabinho (who is not a centre half)  back. It was madness during the window, madness when the window closed and its still madness now. Its predictably backfired on Jürgen and spectacularly so with losing his mainstay and rock as well.

Matip struggles with 1 game a week  ... if he or Joe are injured nobody really is surprised. Matip won't stay fit. His body won't allow it.

I love Jürgen to bits ... always will. But he got this wrong. I get no pleasure out of that.

Gutted for Joe. Is that 3 serious injurys now plus a broken leg since he signed?  His partnership with VVD is going to be in the rehabilitation centre it seems for the foreseeable future.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #981: Nov 11, 2020 06:37:38 pm
      By that logic my right arm should be hanging off

w**ker ! 🤪
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #982: Nov 11, 2020 07:58:39 pm
      None of us has any idea of how bad it is as yet, plenty jumping to conclusions, so if there is any positivity to be had it’s Matip is back playing, Fabinho should be back after the dreaded International break, and we have seen both Rhys & Nat perform admirably, we just need to hope that Joel stays injury free and that whatever injury Joe has it’s weeks rather months,

One thing is for certain tho, we simply HAVE to buy in Jan, and I immediately thought of Koulibaly, and I would like to think that Mr Edwards will be on the phone as we type, we are a third of the way thru November so not so long to wait until January,

On a negative note, after learning that the EPL are unlikely to budge over the 5 subs issue, is it time for clubs now to withdraw their players from international duty unless they are meaningful qualifiers, as for meaningless friendly games the can F**k RIGHT OFF !

Y  N  W  A

It's the overall schedule being so compressed - all of it. This was a non-contact injury in training. It could have happened at Melwood (now Kirkby) just as easily. If he wasn't training with England he would have been training with us. Trent was just running in a straight line and he got his. Seeing it with players all over the Premier League as well.

I wonder if teams might altering their own training schedules radically.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #983: Nov 11, 2020 08:10:02 pm
      We need to start doing as Fergie used to, get players to say they are not fit for meaningless Internationals.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #984: Nov 11, 2020 08:14:01 pm
      Whats worse iis the friendly iscagainst us. Southgate could easily have used this game to look at 2 or 3 players uncapped, we will have players from the championship playing so no need for England egulars to play this game
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #985: Nov 11, 2020 09:38:09 pm
      F**k me just woke up to this! Reports saying he went down in a fair bit of pain and there was no contact hoping it’s not a ligament. Ffs!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #986: Nov 11, 2020 09:40:01 pm
      It's the overall schedule being so compressed - all of it. This was a non-contact injury in training. It could have happened at Melwood (now Kirkby) just as easily. If he wasn't training with England he would have been training with us. Trent was just running in a straight line and he got his. Seeing it with players all over the Premier League as well.

I wonder if teams might altering their own training schedules radically.

Agree with you Robby - this could easily have happened at Kirkby.

Aside from that, it's absolutely ridiculous that we are having these international breaks. Bar the play offs they should have been scrapped entirely given the circumstances/fixture pile up. Personally I'd ban all internationals during in season and have a 3 week post season block and then another 3 week pre season block to play them in. At the very least, get rid of friendlies. I don't think there's a bigger waste of time in this world than international friendlies.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #987: Nov 11, 2020 10:08:07 pm
      Bollox.
      For a F***ing Intl friendly.
      Fates not making it easy for us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #988: Nov 11, 2020 10:27:43 pm
      What are the chances that Southgate rang up the strip of grass that injured Joe... just to check in on its mental state??

Quick Reply