Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joe Gomez Player Thread (D)

Read 166672 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Joe Gomez Player Thread
      Reply #506: Sep 04, 2018 11:49:01 pm
      I was never one of his biggest fans but he played a blinder the other day. Long may it continue.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #507: Sep 05, 2018 09:15:12 am
      He has been immense. Much better than that fuckwit Lovren. Imagine it was Lovren playing against Leicester?, it would have been a massacre. If i remember correctly Gomez made 21 clearances that game, Lovren is lucky to make 21 clearances a Season.

People need to get used to it, if Gomez says injury free he is van Dijk's partner for the foreseeable future. Lovren has had it with his latest stunts.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #508: Sep 05, 2018 12:35:10 pm
      He has been immense. Much better than that fuckwit Lovren. Imagine it was Lovren playing against Leicester?, it would have been a massacre. If i remember correctly Gomez made 21 clearances that game, Lovren is lucky to make 21 clearances a Season.

People need to get used to it, if Gomez says injury free he is van Dijk's partner for the foreseeable future. Lovren has had it with his latest stunts.

F**k it off you obsessed tit.

You sound pathetic with your Lovren agenda it's bizzare. Can't help yourself but slag him in nearly every post even though he hasn't kicked a ball for us in 3 and a half months.

What facts and stunts do you talk about specifically? You were one of the instigators of the nothing story that suggested Klopp was held back from buying a defender by Lovren allegedly lying about his injury. Only for us to offload Klavan two weeks later.

So much for us being the most knowledgeable and loyal fan base in the world. I could understand this from a fickle sky generation of fans but not from one of our more seasoned support. YNWA only when it suits your agenda right?

F***ing bizzare obsession seriously is it personal? It's on par with that across the water tit that posts in the Rafa thread.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #509: Sep 05, 2018 01:34:23 pm
      I was never one of his biggest fans but he played a blinder the other day. Long may it continue.

He's still only 21 mate.
      Not 22 til next May.
      When you consider his age, he's been phenomenal so far.

Bigger tests to come though, and it will be interesting to see how he handles them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #510: Sep 05, 2018 11:15:59 pm
      He's still only 21 mate.
      Not 22 til next May.

Bigger tests to come though, and it will be interesting to see how he handles them.

Lets hope him and VVD form a partnership that lasts for years.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #511: Sep 06, 2018 04:57:47 pm
      He's still only 21 mate.
      Not 22 til next May.

Whilst having missed a lot of football and development with a horrific injury.
      Joe Gomez
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #512: Sep 17, 2018 11:16:00 pm
      Joe has to be one of the most improved players we've had in years, to go from looking like he will have a injury riddled career with progress being slow and eventually being sold on to now being potentially Liverpool's starting centre half for the next years along side the best centre half in the world (F**k off dejan i'm on about Virgil).

Looking at him this season,his composure has been brilliant and has killed the game when we are in the lead compared to the last few years with Lovern and Skrtel etc who can't take a ball under pressure. Joe also is rapid and I've read he's on Mane pace in sprints, he's got us out of trouble with it aswell especially against Zaha in the palace game (could only imagine Dejan in that situation). His concentration has improved which is vital if we are to stop the dreaded counter attack that we are prone to against weaker sides.

Looking forward to see his development this season and hopefully he stays injury free and stamps down to be first choice cb alongside Virgil .
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #513: Sep 17, 2018 11:23:40 pm
      Joe has to be one of the most improved players we've had in years, to go from looking like he will have a injury riddled career with progress being slow and eventually being sold on to now being potentially Liverpool's starting centre half for the next years along side the best centre half in the world (f**k off dejan i'm on about Virgil).

Looking at him this season,his composure has been brilliant and has killed the game when we are in the lead compared to the last few years with Lovern and Skrtel etc who can't take a ball under pressure. Joe also is rapid and I've read he's on Mane pace in sprints, he's got us out of trouble with it aswell especially against Zaha in the palace game (could only imagine Dejan in that situation). His concentration has improved which is vital if we are to stop the dreaded counter attack that we are prone to against weaker sides.

Looking forward to see his development this season and hopefully he stays injury free and stamps down to be first choice cb alongside Virgil .

You've done great Joe; no need to pump yourself on a fan forum..were all behind you.
      Joe Gomez
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #514: Sep 17, 2018 11:36:15 pm
      You've done great Joe; no need to pump yourself on a fan forum..were all behind you.
        ;D Appreciate it mate
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #515: Sep 17, 2018 11:37:38 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #516: Sep 17, 2018 11:43:48 pm
      Giggling away here.

Welcome Joe, but don't neglect your training ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #517: Sep 21, 2018 03:41:01 pm
      https://twitter.com/lfccompshd/status/1043111599245078529?s=21

What a top player he is. Surely has the potential to be the best centre back in the world?!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #518: Sep 21, 2018 11:13:18 pm
      Baller
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #519: Sep 29, 2018 08:13:18 am
      Already firmly cemented himself as first choice, along with Virgil and he’s only been playing CB for us since the start of the season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #520: Sep 29, 2018 08:50:04 pm
      Not his best game today, but he will learn from it and improve even more!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #521: Sep 29, 2018 08:54:57 pm

I thought he did well again both he and Virgil are lightening quick too. He is doing really well and will keep Lovren out
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #522: Sep 29, 2018 09:10:15 pm

Really? I thought he was excellent again
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #523: Sep 29, 2018 09:18:55 pm
      Really? I thought he was excellent again

Will need to watch the game again tbh, but I thought he switched off a few times throughout despite some good moments. I would consider a good/excellent performance to be a steady consistent game.

Same happened with Robertson, he had some good moments today, but too many times he switched off imo, so another player today with a below average/average game imo.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018 09:32:15 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #524: Sep 29, 2018 10:57:45 pm
      Will need to watch the game again tbh, but I thought he switched off a few times throughout despite some good moments. I would consider a good/excellent performance to be a steady consistent game.

Same happened with Robertson, he had some good moments today, but too many times he switched off imo, so another player today with a below average/average game imo.

Robbo and Trent pushed way high up and got caught out of positions plenty of time today, but I thought robertson was better than trent. Gomez, IMO had a pretty good game did some really nice blocks and was very good at sweeping with his challenges. To me Gomez compliments VVD a lot because he is a great sweeper and on the other hand Virgil is more of an authoritative leading the defensive line type and is bringing the best out of him
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #525: Sep 29, 2018 11:06:11 pm
      Robbo and Trent pushed way high up and got caught out of positions plenty of time today, but I thought robertson was better than trent. Gomez, IMO had a pretty good game did some really nice blocks and was very good at sweeping with his challenges. To me Gomez compliments VVD a lot because he is a great sweeper and on the other hand Virgil is more of an authoritative leading the defensive line type and is bringing the best out of him

Yeah,I think you guys could be right, will watch the game again tomorrow!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #526: Sep 29, 2018 11:13:11 pm
      Pure gem. Bad injury st him back. Now given a chance in his bedt position and grabbing it with both hands.

Mind you blessed to have VVD beside him
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #527: Sep 29, 2018 11:15:19 pm
      I though he was again excellent today and improving every game. Will Lovren get back into the team?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #528: Sep 29, 2018 11:17:07 pm
      I though he was again excellent today and improving every game. Will Lovren get back into the team?

Hope not. Hasnt a patch on Joe

Quick Reply