Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Carlos Bacca (Sevilla -> AC Milan)

Read 26437 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Carlos Bacca (Sevilla -> AC Milan)
      Jun 22, 2015 12:05:36 pm
      this excites me he looks like just the type of player we need if we can get him and Rondon in along with Clyne and Firminho i would say thats it shut up shop and then sell the deadwood
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015 02:14:08 pm by JD »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Carlos Bacca
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2015 12:10:41 pm
      this excites me he looks like just the type of player we need if we can get him and Rondon in along with Clyne and Firminho i would say thats it shut up shop and then sell the deadwood

Probably might need a bit more than that to start a thread mate :D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2015 12:16:38 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2015 12:17:37 pm
      Also some stats on him, not bad and we all know how well South americans usually do in our league as they have a good hard working attitude which will suit us

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/player/121232/carlos-bacca

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2015 12:19:24 pm
      £21.5 release clause is a better option than £32.5 Benteke who has also come back from a major knee injury. this lad brings years of experiance to a every younger front line with Origi joining and Ings.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #5: Jun 22, 2015 06:26:37 pm
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9892682/liverpool-and-man-utd-target-carlos-bacca-would-be-open-to-premier-league-move-according-to-guillem-balague

Pay up the release clause and we'll get him. As simple as that! Age matters F**k all if he can be key to getting top-4
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2015 07:00:11 pm
      For some reason all I can think about with Bacca is that he could end up being another Soldado.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,542 posts | 725 
      Reply #7: Jun 22, 2015 07:10:46 pm
      Liverpool fans are so positive. No wonder players are knocking the door down to play for us ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2015 07:32:29 pm
      For some reason all I can think about with Bacca is that he could end up being another Soldado.

Why? They are a totally different type of player apart from playing up top.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2015 07:41:29 pm
      Liverpool fans are so positive. No wonder players are knocking the door down to play for us ;D

Players don't want to join us because some people on this forum are negative?  :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #10: Jun 22, 2015 07:43:50 pm
      Players don't want to join us because some people on this forum are negative?  :roll:

It's well known that this forum is the first place prospective transfers go to determine if they want to come here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Jun 22, 2015 07:45:12 pm
      It's well known that this forum is the first place prospective transfers go to determine if they want to come here.

;D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,542 posts | 725 
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2015 07:55:56 pm

Did i say forums? not sure i said forums.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2015 07:59:29 pm
      He used to be a fisherman, a useless piece of information but i thought i would share it.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 22, 2015 08:36:58 pm
      Jesus christ make this happen...
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #15: Jun 22, 2015 08:45:34 pm
      Why? They are a totally different type of player apart from playing up top.

He has been prolific in La Liga but he doesn't get involved much in link up play and he doesn't track back very well. Having watched all of his goals this season a lot of them seem to be penalties or 6 yard open goals. We have rarely created chances from 6 yards this season due to how deep teams defend against us, and we need a good link up striker in order to get through these teams.

Soldado also doesn't get involved in link up play or track back well, he also was prolific in La Liga but a lot of his goals were tap ins or penalties. He has been terrible in the Premier League. The similarities between the two seem obvious to me but I could be wrong.

In order to be a really successful striker for a top team in the Premier League you need to be a well rounded player both on and off the ball. I don't think Bacca is. Hoping to be proved wrong if he does come though.

And it is possible that we may be planning to employ a completely different style of play next season which Bacca could thrive in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2015 09:19:44 pm
      Oh good we're being linked to players again, let's see who we sign though!!

Said it ages ago taking the Everton route, get linked to everybody without making serious offers.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #17: Jun 23, 2015 03:42:50 am
      He has been prolific in La Liga but he doesn't get involved much in link up play and he doesn't track back very well. Having watched all of his goals this season a lot of them seem to be penalties or 6 yard open goals. We have rarely created chances from 6 yards this season due to how deep teams defend against us, and we need a good link up striker in order to get through these teams.

Soldado also doesn't get involved in link up play or track back well, he also was prolific in La Liga but a lot of his goals were tap ins or penalties. He has been terrible in the Premier League. The similarities between the two seem obvious to me but I could be wrong.

In order to be a really successful striker for a top team in the Premier League you need to be a well rounded player both on and off the ball. I don't think Bacca is. Hoping to be proved wrong if he does come though.

And it is possible that we may be planning to employ a completely different style of play next season which Bacca could thrive in.

I get what you're saying Bacca does score most of his goals from inside the box similar to Soldado. The difference, having watched both players several times, is that Bacca often makes runs from deep in behind defenders his movement is very intelligent I think he would thrive on through balls from Cou. He also assists quite regularly and links play very well in the final third. Both of these attributes make him differ as a striker to Soldado who is purely a fox in the box type striker with very poor movement outside the box.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18: Jun 23, 2015 06:51:38 am
      He's not agile at all, i don't think he'll do a good job in EPL, we should look at other options. Berahino or Kevin Volland comes to mind.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #19: Jun 23, 2015 08:42:34 am
      He's not agile at all, i don't think he'll do a good job in EPL, we should look at other options. Berahino or Kevin Volland comes to mind.

Volland is a winger not a striker.

Berahinho has the same w**ker agent as Sterling so that one will never happen unless he changes agent.

Also Bacca is more agile than Balotelli, Lambert and Borini combined.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2015 08:53:11 am by bazspeedman »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20: Jun 23, 2015 11:22:44 am
      Volland is a winger not a striker.

Berahinho has the same w**ker agent as Sterling so that one will never happen unless he changes agent.

Also Bacca is more agile than Balotelli, Lambert and Borini combined.

More agile than Balo ? I'll highly doubt that.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #21: Jun 23, 2015 12:12:17 pm
      I get what you're saying Bacca does score most of his goals from inside the box similar to Soldado. The difference, having watched both players several times, is that Bacca often makes runs from deep in behind defenders his movement is very intelligent I think he would thrive on through balls from Cou. He also assists quite regularly and links play very well in the final third. Both of these attributes make him differ as a striker to Soldado who is purely a fox in the box type striker with very poor movement outside the box.

He doesn't link play well at all. I read an article about him which pointed out that he only averages 14 passes a game with a 67% pass success rate. That's awful.

Our best option at striker this season was Sterling and he averaged something like 34 passes which a much better success rate.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22: Jun 23, 2015 01:50:08 pm
      He used to be a fisherman, a useless piece of information but i thought i would share it.

so it seems he'd good in the nets too then...

*I'll get my coat

Quick Reply