Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Martin Montoya (Barcelona -> Inter [loan])

Read 7355 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Re: Martin Montoya (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2015 11:41:35 am
      Dani Alvez has signed a new deal AND they have signed that Vidal fella from Sevilla. Surely Montoya won't want to be 3rd choice?
      Martin Montoya.....COME ON DOWN!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2015 12:01:03 pm
      Dani Alvez has signed a new deal AND they have signed that Vidal fella from Sevilla. Surely Montoya won't want to be 3rd choice?

Have you seen him play?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2015 12:13:31 am

I didn't think they were allowed to sign players?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2015 12:18:13 am
      I didn't think they were allowed to sign players?

I read that Vidal can play friendlies and train for Barca until Jan :o
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2015 12:19:53 am
      I read that Vidal can play friendlies and train for Barca until Jan :o

May as well just sign him in Jan then.

Swear it's one rule for some teams and another for all the rest.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2015 10:22:53 am
      May as well just sign him in Jan then.

Swear it's one rule for some teams and another for all the rest.

That's definitely the case. It was originally said that they wouldn't be able to sign people this summer no matter what. It obviously then got reduced to you can sign but not play. It's not going to be any skin off Barca's nose considering they spend 75m on Suarez when he was banned.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2015 07:13:24 pm
      That's definitely the case. It was originally said that they wouldn't be able to sign people this summer no matter what. It obviously then got reduced to you can sign but not play. It's not going to be any skin off Barca's nose considering they spend 75m on Suarez when he was banned.

Don't understand why a player would want to join a team but have to miss half the season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2015 07:22:18 pm
      Don't understand why a player would want to join a team but have to miss half the season

he's Catalan and joining the treble winners, the only issue about signing players was whether they would be loaned back to their club or  just wait until January to play.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #31: Jun 11, 2015 09:54:26 am
      A lot of people seem really keen on this lad and I was just wandering why? Is it just because he's from Barca and therefore people assume he's good? He certainly hasn't played a massive amount in his career, always being behind Dani Alves and I just think he's a risky signing that certainly isn't proven. Would much prefer a player who has proven ability. However I'm willing to admit I don't watch a massive amount of la liga so hopefully I've just not seen what he has to offer.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jun 11, 2015 04:28:02 pm
      Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Reds close in on Barcelona's Martin Montoya
      Transfers: Latest news, rumours and gossip for Liverpool FC in 2015. Spaniard has been identified as ideal replacement for Glen Johnson

Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya.

Montoya has been identified as an ideal replacement for Glen Johnson who will leave the club when his current deal expires at Anfield this month.

The 24-year-old Montoya is keen to leave the Nou Camp to secure regular first-team football next season. It is thought around £7m would be enough to land the Spanish international.

Montoya was further knocked down the pecking order after Barcelona completed the signing of Aleix Vidal from Sevilla yesterday, which has paved the way for the player to leave.

Johnson, meanwhile, is expected to join Besiktas when his contract runs out.

The 30-year-old made 28 appearances in all competitions last season but fell largely out of favour under Brendan Rodgers as the season progressed.

Roma have also been monitoring his situation as are a number of Premier League clubs. Johnson joined Liverpool for £18m which made him, at the time, the Reds' most expensive ever defender.

Manchester City will not give up in their pursuit of Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling this summer.

City chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak has vowed to spend whatever it takes to win the Premier League and Champions League next season with Sterling their top target to make it happen.

City’s need for homegrown players has been accentuated by the departures of James Milner, Scott Sinclair and Dedryck Boyata already this summer, and they could be forced into paying over the odds for Sterling, who was rated as the sixth most valuable player in the world in a report published earlier this week.

Finally, Liverpool are set to sign Bolton goalkeeper Adam Bogdan.

Bogdan will become a free agent when his contract expires next month and has received a host of offers from various clubs.

But the Guardian believe that he will join the Reds and that Rodgers sees him as ideal competition for Simon Mignolet.

Mignolet finished the season strongly despite suffering a loss of form mid-way through the campaign.

While Liverpool had been looking at more experienced and more expensive keepers, Bodgan is seen as a sound shotstopper and a bargain at that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11666889/Liverpool-transfer-news-and-rumours-Reds-close-in-on-Barcelonas-Martin-Montoya.html
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #33: Jun 11, 2015 04:48:22 pm
      A Barca B team player ummh another Alberto?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Jun 11, 2015 04:56:12 pm
      Love these journo's.

Barca are under a transfer ban until January next year.
      There might be a way to work around it, but as usual, the media don't mention the ban.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #35: Jun 11, 2015 06:53:39 pm
      Love these journo's.

Barca are under a transfer ban until January next year.
      There might be a way to work around it, but as usual, the media don't mention the ban.

Don't see how this effects Montoya at all really? Alves is staying and they signed another player in the same position that will go through in January. The ban effects them buying of players, not selling. Essentially he would be third choice and should want to leave.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36: Jun 11, 2015 08:14:57 pm
      Don't see how this effects Montoya at all really? Alves is staying and they signed another player in the same position that will go through in January. The ban effects them buying of players, not selling. Essentially he would be third choice and should want to leave.

It's ridiculous how Barca can still be involved in transfer activities. Essentially, they are stopping other clubs from buying the players they bought during their "transfer ban" ;D. What if someone wanted Vidal but he got his head turned when Barca came in with an offer? For me, that is not a transfer ban.

The way I see it, a transfer ban should basically be where you can't contact agents, players or clubs to sell or buy, but whatever. I do wonder what would happened if a smaller club broke the rules, I'm sure it'd be a harsher punishment with no right to appeal!!!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2015 11:23:09 am
      we was linked with this lad 2 seasons ago and he seemed to have the same hype as Moreno did, i wouldnt pay 7mil for him as he's 3rd choice now at BARCA but would offer around 4mil and test the waters.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #38: Jul 02, 2015 06:38:15 am
      He is OFF to  Intermilan 
      having a medical today
      L'affare si chiuderà sulla base di un prestito biennale da 1,5 milioni con diritto di riscatto attorno ai 7/8 milioni.( from calciomercato)
      translation--The deal will be a 2 year loan move for 1.5M-euro with the right to buy for 7/8M-euro

YNWA

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39: Jul 02, 2015 07:32:33 am
      We signed Clyne, who in my opinion is much better than Montoya.

Anyway, he'll sign for Inter today. I think the topic should be locked.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #40: Jul 03, 2015 06:02:20 pm
      Inter have completed the two-year loan signing of Barcelona defender Martin Montoya.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41: Jul 03, 2015 11:45:56 pm
      We signed Clyne, who in my opinion is much better than Montoya.

We still need another RB IMO though. Better or not, Clyne and Montoya wouldn't have been the worst two players to be competing for position.

But he's gone to Inter so it's irrelevant.

Quick Reply