Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Carlos Bacca (Sevilla -> AC Milan)

Read 26434 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: Carlos Bacca
      Reply #92: Jun 25, 2015 06:24:07 pm
      Not for me this bloke, not in a million years. I'd never heard of him before we were scouting him, but looking at him (admittedly on Youtube ;D) half his goals are penalties (why on earth are they included?) and the other half don't fill me with confidence either. 21 million quid and he's 29? Don't do it FFS, we must be able to find a better option surely. Right now I'm off to Google Rondon.

I watched Bacca last season. He doesn't score any spectacular goals but his movement is excellent, he is quite strong, and he has a very quick goal scoring instinct. I think he would thrive on through balls from Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana. We can leave the spectacular goals to those lads. I don't think we should pay more than £15m for him though.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #93: Jun 25, 2015 06:50:41 pm
      I don't think we should pay more than £15m for him though.

I'm really confused by these statements. The seller has a 'fixed' price tag for a premium product and the buyer does haggling?? That's like going to an Apple showroom and saying, 'Hey, I really like the iPhone6Plus but I'll pay only 75% of what you charge".

We'll be shown the finger as he is one of the most sought CFs in the globe now. If you're interested, either pay up or walk off!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #94: Jun 25, 2015 06:59:29 pm
      Reports are suggesting Roma are in for him for 21 mil quid which got rejected but are preparing a second bid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #95: Jun 25, 2015 07:06:02 pm
      Reports are suggesting Roma are in for him for 21 mil quid which got rejected but are preparing a second bid.

That's his release clause isn't it?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #96: Jun 25, 2015 07:10:59 pm
      I'm really confused by these statements. The seller has a 'fixed' price tag for a premium product and the buyer does haggling?? That's like going to an Apple showroom and saying, 'Hey, I really like the iPhone6Plus but I'll pay only 75% of what you charge".

We'll be shown the finger as he is one of the most sought CFs in the globe now. If you're interested, either pay up or walk off!

Players aren't Apple hipster products so haggling is always part of the negotiation process.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #97: Jun 25, 2015 07:20:38 pm
      Doesn't have the same raw power as Rondon however would seem like a 'safer' signing as he seems to just know where the goal is.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #98: Jun 25, 2015 07:30:07 pm
      Honestly, rather than either of these two I'd take Austin as third choice, Benteke as second, and Berahino as first. I know that's very much out there, but based on the clips I think Bacca and Rondon are Soldado's waiting to happen, particularly this Bacca lad.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #99: Jun 25, 2015 07:37:24 pm
      Players aren't Apple hipster products so haggling is always part of the negotiation process.

Not if they have a release clause.. We didn't let Barca haggle over Suarez.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #100: Jun 25, 2015 08:15:53 pm
      Not if they have a release clause.. We didn't let Barca haggle over Suarez.

Not entirely sure what you mean there, If he wasn't all of a sudden the villain of football we would have got well more for him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #101: Jun 25, 2015 08:29:56 pm
      Not entirely sure what you mean there, If he wasn't all of a sudden the villain of football we would have got well more for him.

What I meant was, he had a 75mil clause and Barca had to pay that. Haggling happens when clubs set a 'value' for a player.

Guess thats the difference!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #102: Jun 25, 2015 10:20:24 pm
      I watched Bacca last season. He doesn't score any spectacular goals but his movement is excellent, he is quite strong, and he has a very quick goal scoring instinct. I think he would thrive on through balls from Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana. We can leave the spectacular goals to those lads. I don't think we should pay more than £15m for him though.

I watched a few of his YouTube montages (entire game clips) the other day mate and your evaluation is exactly what I saw, someone with clever movement who runs channels and times his runs well, does most of his best work in the box and is a tidy finisher with a bit of physical presecence. Your right, he would thrive with a couple players like Coutinho and Firmino behind him.

Can't see the club throwing big money at a 30 year old though, it's the anti-thesis of all FSG stand for. We'll see, he looks a decent pLayer although I'm not completely knocked over by him.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #103: Jun 26, 2015 09:03:01 am
      he may be old but seems to know where the net is and is the type of playing style that suits, where Benteke would suit a West Ham,Stoke team not us,

i pray we at least spoke to him last week and told him we are interested.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #104: Jun 26, 2015 10:13:43 am
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #105: Jun 26, 2015 10:27:17 am

The guy is practically begging to join us. The fans are practically begging Liverpool to sign him. What's the committee do? Chase Benteke. Sums them up perfectly.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #106: Jun 26, 2015 10:32:19 am
      The guy is practically begging to join us. The fans are practically begging Liverpool to sign him. What's the committee do? Chase Benteke. Sums them up perfectly.

I'd rather have Benteke, every day of the week. And Berahino, and Austin.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #107: Jun 26, 2015 10:33:48 am

Bacca does seem the obvious option, couldn't describe him as a target because he has taken himself off the range and looks set to buy an LFC shirt himself.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #108: Jun 26, 2015 10:58:02 am
      I'd rather have Benteke, every day of the week. And Berahino, and Austin.

Why?

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #109: Jun 26, 2015 11:01:31 am

Because I think all three would do better for Liverpool. Berahino in particular I really rate, while the other two IMHO would be better options too. In what sense? Score more goals, link the play better etc.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #110: Jun 26, 2015 11:07:52 am
      Because I think all three would do better for Liverpool. Berahino in particular I really rate, while the other two IMHO would be better options too. In what sense? Score more goals, link the play better etc.

Berahino is managed by the same scumbag agent as Sterling.
      Benteke we might as well keep our two statues in Lambert and Balo.
      Austin are you serious?

Just out of interest do you watch any football outside of the EPL.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #111: Jun 26, 2015 11:13:12 am
      Berahino is managed by the same scumbag agent as Sterling.
      Benteke we might as well keep our two statues in Lambert and Balo.
      Austin are you serious?

Just out of interest do you watch any football outside of the EPL.

A fair bit of lower league stuff mate, but my suspicion is that you meant La Liga, Serie A, Erriverdise (or whatever the f*ck it's called) and the like, nope. I can hear the "well that explains it then" before you type it which is fair enough, but I would say that I do watch an absolute sh!tload of English stuff. I like to think I've got a bit of a clue too, BUT as I've already said I've based my Bacca dismissal on Youtube clips. Make of it what you will mate, in the meantime I'll try and remember all the posters who made it clear having watched lots of La Liga that Alberto Moreno was quite as bad a defender as he is. There must have been loads of them.   

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #112: Jun 26, 2015 11:24:09 am
      It's all about opinions at the end of the day (throw in a football cliche for good measure ;) )

I don't think Benteke is anywhere near as bad as some are trying to make out.
      It's the fact he plays for villa that seems to piss people off, as well as the ridiculous release clause.

Benteke, when fit, is well ahead of Lukaku, and look at the money paid for him.

I won't claim to know much about Bacca. All I've seen are the dreaded youtube videos.
      He looks like a poacher, and has a pretty good scoring record, but to me (feckin youtube videos again) he looks a lot more static than Benteke.

As ever though, I'm prepared to wait and see.
      Patience really is a virtue when it comes to football.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #113: Jun 26, 2015 11:24:29 am
      A fair bit of lower league stuff mate, but my suspicion is that you meant La Liga, Serie A, Erriverdise (or whatever the f*ck it's called) and the like, nope. I can hear the "well that explains it then" before you type it which is fair enough, but I would say that I do watch an absolute sh!tload of English stuff. I like to think I've got a bit of a clue too, BUT as I've already said I've based my Bacca dismissal on Youtube clips. Make of it what you will mate, in the meantime I'll try and remember all the posters who made it clear having watched lots of La Liga that Alberto Moreno was quite as bad a defender as he is. There must have been loads of them.   

Fair enough mate, most people don't watch a ton of European football me included.
      However when ever I have seen Sevilla,  Bacca is not your typical target man in the mould of Benteke he has a very high work rate, presses from the front, Technically not the best but good enough in the box to be a 1 in 2 scorer.
      His down side is his age but my reckoning is he will be good for a couple of years in which time Ings and Origi are ready to step up.

The analogy with Benteke is like Costa with Spain who had Iniesta and Silva behind him supplying, it never worked not because Costa is sh*t but it's not his game.
      I can see the same with Coutinho and Firmino supplying Benteke who can't do the quick movement in the box, the quick 1-2's etc.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #114: Jun 26, 2015 11:49:55 am
      What's all this Sevilla talk?  Aspas had a reasonable season there.....

Quick Reply