Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Carlos Bacca (Sevilla -> AC Milan)

Read 26438 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Carlos Bacca
      Reply #69: Jun 24, 2015 11:48:31 pm
      Moving some of my posts about Bacca which were on Clyne's thread... anyone wanting to reply, please do so here ;D

21.5M sounds like a lot of money for a guy turning 29 at the start of the season

True but I'm not convinced he is that great. I mean, it's not like we are signing a proven world class player. United signed RvP in his prime (around that age) for just a little more I think

I'll be happy if he comes as it means we've identified and dealt with our weaknesses well (considering Clyne is sealed) and it'll give me real optimism to the start of the season, I just wonder if Bacca really is the best we could do

It surely doesn't get you a world class striker in his prime but Robin van Persie was one of the best strikers in the world at the time United signed him, he was aged 29 and cost them around £22.5M if I recall correctly.

Bacca is nowhere near this level, is also aged 29 and would supposedly cost the same. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I think we could sign him for less though.

I don't know mate, for all the hatred being pointed towards the transfer committee of late, it seems a lot of people have all of a sudden started to place too much confidence in them :D Maybe it's the Firmino-effect!

If we pay that much for a 29 year old and he fails here (let's not forget the guy has only played in a top European league for the past 2 years of his career, he was in Belgium prior to that) and we may soon find ourselves with a 30+ year old flop with high wages no one is willing to take from us

We should probably move this discussion to Bacca's thread though, just noticed this is Clyne's! :D :D

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #70: Jun 24, 2015 11:51:42 pm
      I don't know mate, for all the hatred being pointed towards the transfer committee of late, it seems a lot of people have all of a sudden started to place too much confidence in them  Maybe it's the Firmino-effect!

If we pay that much for a 29 year old and he fails here (let's not forget the guy has only played in a top European league for the past 2 years of his career, he was in Belgium prior to that) and we may soon find ourselves with a 30+ year old flop with high wages no one is willing to take from us

We should probably move this discussion to Bacca's thread though, just noticed this is Clyne's!

Diego my friend that is not the Firmino effect you have caught FSGitis.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #71: Jun 24, 2015 11:53:04 pm
      Moving some of my posts about Bacca which were on Clyne's thread... anyone wanting to reply, please do so here ;D

I'd still be willing to gamble that his 49 in 106 for Sevilla is enough evidence that he knows where the back of the net it mate.

LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #72: Jun 24, 2015 11:56:53 pm
      We need goals.

He scores goals.

Bucket loads of them.

I'm onboard Luke. ;D

Negredo and Soldado scored buckets of goals in La Liga too. Now I'm not saying that's a perfect comparison because I always thought Soldado was extremely overrated but it's not a given those spanish goals will translate if he comes to England.

I share Luke and Diego's doubts on this one, as I'm not convinced of Bacca's quality. Obviously if it happens I will be hoping he proves me wrong
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #73: Jun 24, 2015 11:58:44 pm
      I don't think he is an elite level striker by any means but I do think he is a very good goal scorer. I think the idea with getting him is that we just need someone who is clinical and can finish the great buildup. We had great buildup play at times last year but no one to score. This guy can finish those moves with a goal
      Bier
      Reply #74: Jun 25, 2015 12:11:27 am
      Was about to mention Soldado myself. Getting a player in his late 20's from another league is quite risky, because he's either good enough or he isn't. He's unlikely to get any better.

Something that speaks for Bacca though is his do or die mentality, and he has succeeded at every club he went to. But something that speaks against him is that he's not the most gifted player, more a poacher. It's unlikely he won't be an improve on what we have though isn't it?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #75: Jun 25, 2015 12:13:10 am
      Was about to mention Soldado myself. Getting a player in his late 20's from another league is quite risky, because he's either good enough or he isn't. He's unlikely to get any better.

Something that speaks for Bacca though is his do or die mentality, and he has succeeded at every club he went to. But something that speaks against him is that he's not the most gifted player, more a poacher. It's unlikely he won't be an improve on what we have though isn't it?
      That's the thing though right Bier? If he can do a job as our #1 till Danny gets fit then compliment Sturridge as long as Danny is healthy I suppose that's what we need. He doesn't have to be world class, just solid.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #76: Jun 25, 2015 12:23:44 am
      Regardless of age, this would be a good signing. We need a clinical finisher with the creativity we have.
      RvP was in the last year of his Arsenal contract. It makes a big difference to the price tag; Clyne for <15mill (English, 24)...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #77: Jun 25, 2015 08:00:31 am
      yes he's older but with that comes valuable experiance that will filter down to ings,origi,etc
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Jun 25, 2015 08:55:01 am
      08:53
      BACCA IN DEMAND

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed the club are interested in Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca.

The Colombian has been heavily linked with Manchester United and Liverpool in numerous newspapers in recent weeks, after his heroics inspired Sevilla to their second successive Europa League crown last season.

Sabatini told Abc Sevilla: "Bacca? Yes, we are interested in him. I can't say more, but we like him and we are interested. But he's liked also by others.”

[Sky Sports Transfer Centre]

If we do want him then we best get a move on. If we don't then obviously this doesn't matter.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #79: Jun 25, 2015 09:13:08 am
      Can't see Roma paying Bacca's buyout clause. Can't really see us paying £21.5m either though given his age.

Would love if we went all out to sign Lacazzette instead but I still wouldn't mind Bacca given our limited options for strikers.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #80: Jun 25, 2015 10:49:08 am
      I am curious to see what will happen now when Roma is after him.He was Primeras fifth scorer,but he was behind the likes of Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar and Griezman so he is a good player.I just hope he will make a good choice and pick LFC :)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #81: Jun 25, 2015 10:58:53 am
      Scum Utd seem to have awaken to him and might put offer in but the fact Ayre is still in Chille i think we will make an offer for Rondon or Bacca today/tomorrow then tie up Clyne deal monday after he's back from his holiday
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #82: Jun 25, 2015 11:45:13 am
      Scum Utd seem to have awaken to him and might put offer in but the fact Ayre is still in Chille i think we will make an offer for Rondon or Bacca today/tomorrow then tie up Clyne deal monday after he's back from his holiday

At least this time Ayre is bringing home some decent souvenirs..!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #83: Jun 25, 2015 01:19:25 pm
      Can't see Roma paying Bacca's buyout clause. Can't really see us paying £21.5m either though given his age.

Would love if we went all out to sign Lacazzette instead but I still wouldn't mind Bacca given our limited options for strikers.

I wouldn't take Spanish clubs players buyout clauses too seriously, clubs have a reputation of setting ridiculously high clauses, but they are obviously willing to accept lower
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #84: Jun 25, 2015 05:29:16 pm
      Carlos Bacca to Liverpool: Seville deny bid has been made as Liverpool weigh up £21m move
      Liverpool are yet to make a bid for Carlos Bacca, Seville have confirmed.

The Independent understands that the striker, who has a release clause of £21m, is under consideration at Anfield if – as seems highly likely – the pursuit of Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke falls through.

The Colombia international, who has scored 34 goals in 71 appearances since joining two years ago from Club Brugge, is also a reported target of Manchester United, Roma and AC Milan. However, no bid has been made by those clubs, or Liverpool.

"We have not received an official offer for Bacca," Sevilla sporting director Monchi said on his club's official website. "We are not in negotiations for any important player.

"I'm no fortune-teller but top strikers in the market there aren't that many.

"Bacca has averaged 24.5 goals, 21 goals in his first season at the club and 28 in his second.

"I hope no one pays his buy-out clause.

"It's a risk we take but we can't do anything about that.

"We gave him a new contract 10 months ago and I believe he and his family are very happy here. But I cannot predict the future."

It was thought that he would swiftly leave the club this summer but the club qualified for the Champions League by winning the Europa League last month, complicating any departure. A move to Liverpool would mean the 28-year-old forgoing top-tier European football next season.

Bacca is currently on international duty at the Copa America in Chile where Liverpool's chief executive officer Ian Ayre is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/carlos-bacca-to-liverpool-seville-deny-bid-has-been-made-as-liverpool-weigh-up-21m-move-10345858.html
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #85: Jun 25, 2015 05:38:46 pm
      Well its this guy or Rondon...Our business so far this window has been fantastic but if we do not get that goal scorer in its all for naught in my mind.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #86: Jun 25, 2015 05:43:17 pm
      Well its this guy or Rondon...Our business so far this window has been fantastic but if we do not get that goal scorer in its all for naught in my mind.

That Monchi fella has it nailed on though. There just aren't many top strikers around and available.
      If we can bring in someone to add 20 goals a season on a consistent basis, it will be great business.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #87: Jun 25, 2015 05:43:49 pm
      Not for me this bloke, not in a million years. I'd never heard of him before we were scouting him, but looking at him (admittedly on Youtube ;D) half his goals are penalties (why on earth are they included?) and the other half don't fill me with confidence either. 21 million quid and he's 29? Don't do it FFS, we must be able to find a better option surely. Right now I'm off to Google Rondon.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #88: Jun 25, 2015 06:04:14 pm
      Not for me this bloke, not in a million years. I'd never heard of him before we were scouting him, but looking at him (admittedly on Youtube ;D) half his goals are penalties (why on earth are they included?) and the other half don't fill me with confidence either. 21 million quid and he's 29? Don't do it FFS, we must be able to find a better option surely. Right now I'm off to Google Rondon.

Well he scores more than Rondon and gets far more assists. A big portion of Rondon's goals look to have been scored as a result of atrocious defending. I'd rather we look elsewhere now really.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #89: Jun 25, 2015 06:08:56 pm
      Well he scores more than Rondon and gets far more assists. A big portion of Rondon's goals look to have been scored as a result of atrocious defending. I'd rather we look elsewhere now really.

He does score more than Rondon, but he takes penalties too mate (maybe Rondon does as well, I don't know/care but they shouldn't be counted in scoring totals). I don't like either for the premiership or for the money.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #90: Jun 25, 2015 06:13:32 pm
      He does score more than Rondon, but he takes penalties too mate (maybe Rondon does as well, I don't know/care but they shouldn't be counted in scoring totals). I don't like either for the premiership or for the money.

We need goals in net...don't care if it is Bacca, Chewbacca or Burt Bacharach.....someone who is a real finisher.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Jun 25, 2015 06:14:22 pm

Even without penalties he scores more than Rondon. I posted their stats on either this or the Rondon thread yesterday.

Quick Reply