Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370228 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Feb 08, 2017 09:33:35 am
      I like Bobby but hes an AM who can only play as a striker without the finishing rate required to be a striker.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1105: Feb 10, 2017 11:35:18 pm
      F**k right off telling me how to act.

I pay good money and sacrifice all hours of the morning and night to watch us play and results do impact me. When you see your club go from  competing for 3 trophies to zero in a space of a few weeks you have every right to be aggreirved.

I'm still shattered, shaking my head every F***ing day wondering where it all went so horribly wrong and how our season has gone from one of so much promise into a season of wasted opportunities. Can't even bring myself to watch anything on the LFCTV Channel and it's F***ing free. Get exactly where you are coming from mate.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1106: Feb 11, 2017 12:23:34 pm
      I'm still shattered, shaking my head every f**king day wondering where it all went so horribly wrong and how our season has gone from one of so much promise into a season of wasted opportunities. Can't even bring myself to watch anything on the LFCTV Channel and it's f**king free. Get exactly where you are coming from mate.

Same mate.

Shits me that some f**ker thinks he has the right to try and dictate to me how I should react to a loss.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1107: Feb 11, 2017 10:16:06 pm
      Same mate.

Shits me that some f**ker thinks he has the right to try and dictate to me how I should react to a loss.

Yep we all react different mate, I'm miserable for days, don't even want to look at papers, tv and especially make any eye contact with opposition c**t supporters. It's more then a game!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1108: Feb 27, 2017 10:04:46 pm
      Disgrace.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1109: Feb 27, 2017 11:03:44 pm
      Not a striker and never will be, doesn't have the pace or clinical ability to play up front.

Not a No 10 either gives the ball away for fun, strange player.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1110: Mar 01, 2017 08:51:55 pm
      What other than running dose he do ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1111: Mar 01, 2017 09:13:54 pm
      What other than running dose he do ?

Creates the most chances that we don't score from, apparently.  :roll: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1112: Mar 02, 2017 10:43:40 am
      He, Coutinho and Lallana could be described as half a season wonders.

He is the least talented of the 3 though.

Buy a striker, Liverpool.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1113: Mar 02, 2017 10:07:49 pm
      He, Coutinho and Lallana could be described as half a season wonders.

He is the least talented of the 3 though.

Buy a striker, Liverpool.

Quarter season wonder.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1114: Mar 03, 2017 11:50:20 am
      Normally when just about everyone agrees that Firmino should be sat on his @rse for a while and out of the team he produces a performance.

He's now due, he'll score two against Arsenal.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1115: Mar 04, 2017 10:34:50 am
      He could be described as being "unlucky" as well mate to tell the truth. he looks to me like he's been crying out for a rest for those couple of months, but uinstead of that because of our squad he's been flying down to Plymouth and all manner of bollocks, being the fulcrum/hub of our creativity in every competitive match. I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the poor fella, he's been ran into the ground and is getting worse week by week.
      Please tell me that post is meant to be sarcastic .
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1116: Mar 04, 2017 10:38:55 am
      Just another inconsistent F**k !! Fairweather footballer. Yes , we know he's a good finisher , yes , we know he has skill and yes we know that means F**k all if you don't apply it week in week out. Paulo Di Canio is who he reminds me of.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1117: Mar 04, 2017 11:07:33 am
      Just another inconsistent F**k !! Fairweather footballer. Yes , we know he's a good finisher , yes , we know he has skill and yes we know that means f**k all if you don't apply it week in week out. Paulo Di Canio is who he reminds me of.

He's not in the same league as Paulo Di Canio IMHO, seriously not as good.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1118: Mar 04, 2017 11:08:24 am
      Please tell me that post is meant to be sarcastic .

No I can't tell you that because it wasn't. Sorry.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1119: Mar 04, 2017 11:35:25 am
      Yes , we know he's a good finisher

Not even a good finisher mate. He's appalling and wastes several chances.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1120: Mar 04, 2017 12:10:21 pm
      I don't even know what his best position is.

By all accounts, he started off as a defender.

He isn't a midfielder.

He can't play as a wide attacking midfielder.

He isn't a #10 as he simply doesn't have the touch, vision and passing quality of someone like Coutinho (although this is probably the only position I can see him possibly being shoehorned into).

He's certainly not a #9 and just because Klopp thought so didn't make it right either. Because it's clearly failed.

I honestly don't know what his best position is. He's more like a utility player to me.

Baffling player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1121: Mar 04, 2017 12:34:23 pm
      I don't even know what his best position is.

By all accounts, he started off as a defender.

He isn't a midfielder.

He can't play as a wide attacking midfielder.

He isn't a #10 as he simply doesn't have the touch, vision and passing quality of someone like Coutinho (although this is probably the only position I can see him possibly being shoehorned into).

He's certainly not a #9 and just because Klopp thought so didn't make it right either. Because it's clearly failed.

I honestly don't know what his best position is. He's more like a utility player to me.

Baffling player.

I think he'd work best in the 4-3-3 as a wide man in the front three, as long as the full back was a real bomber. Ask him to play there with either James Milner or Nathanial Clyne and he isn't up to it I'm afraid. Not enough pace, drive or I'm sorry to say determination either (it's his bottling out of tackles which most frustrates me about him, even more than his giving the ball away so frequently).

As a striker, number 9 either false or genuine he only really works against teams who pass it around at the back. I can well believe he used to be a defender, because he's the best closer down of opposition defenders we've had since Ian Rush in my opinion. Unfortunately the comparisons with Rushy end right there, the Welshman was absolutely deadly and scored heavily season after season, in short he was a proper striker in every sense.

In my view it's our devotion to all things Bobby which has been THE biggest factor in our undoing this season, even more so than our defensive woes. To come out of two windows with Bobby pencilled in as our number one striker, with the back up being an injury prone marksman who we don't even fancy when fit, or an at best very raw up and comer was a calamitous error in my view. We simply don't have enough players who represent a goal threat to be able to carry a "striker" who is barely getting into double figures despite playing every game. Jürgen clearly thought he was going to score much more heavily than he has, and even worse now teams have worked us out in terms of our rinse and repeat tactical plan, Firmino is in many games pretty near to being a waste of a shirt. Take away his pressing, which the "park the bus, here YOU have the ball" does and you are left with a fitful, inconsistent and lightweight player who often you forget is playing such is his disappearance. You can carry the odd player like that (Coutinho being a good example) on the proviso that they often light the game up (which Coutinho does to be fair), but guys who you carry but don't contribute are a ticket to getting beat every week.

I've already said I expect him to play well today and to score twice, simply because Arsenal are a team which is absolutely made for his "run around a lot" approach. If we played Arsenal every week he'd win the golden boot but we don't, and given that we need a couple of proper strikers.     
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #1122: Mar 04, 2017 02:57:45 pm
      In my view it's our devotion to all things Bobby which has been THE biggest factor in our undoing this season, even more so than our defensive woes. To come out of two windows with Bobby pencilled in as our number one striker, with the back up being an injury prone marksman who we don't even fancy when fit, or an at best very raw up and comer was a calamitous error in my view. We simply don't have enough players who represent a goal threat to be able to carry a "striker" who is barely getting into double figures despite playing every game.

And yet here we are, at the beginning of March, still sitting as the top scorers in the league. But clearly our attacking is more a problem than our defence...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1123: Mar 04, 2017 03:16:13 pm
      And yet here we are, at the beginning of March, still sitting as the top scorers in the league. But clearly our attacking is more a problem than our defence...

Very true. However, since teams cracked our code and went from "f*** me these guys run around a lot and keep nicking the ball off us" to simply parking the bus and saying "There's the ball, YOU have it" our scoring has fallen from a cliff.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1124: Mar 04, 2017 04:05:08 pm
      A quality player going though a very bad run of form.

He'll come good again but I'd be tempted to leave him out for a game and try something different up front.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1125: Mar 04, 2017 04:16:58 pm
      I'd deffo leave out Firmino if there was someone obviously better to come in, but Origi hasn't been as sharp as he had been, I barely think about Studge any more, and Ings makes Darren Anderton look robust.  I'd start Origi, but not sure Jürgen will make the switch from the start.

Tbh might be a bit harsh to pick out Firmino as performing poorly, cause so many others have looked out of sorts. But he's in the striker position, and not only has he not been scoring, he hasn't been getting chances.

Might go out today and have a blinder though, cause it's a bottom-of-the-top-of-the-table six pointer and we do well in these...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1126: Mar 04, 2017 11:01:11 pm
      From the sublime in the first half to some idiotic passing in the second half which could have cost us, sums him up a bit of a strange player because I'm not sure of his best position.

Quick Reply