Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 373736 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Mar 06, 2017 02:31:42 am
      So is that gonna be his 1 good game in 5?

Love Bobby but we need a quality striker in that position.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1128: Mar 08, 2017 06:53:14 pm
      I like Bobby but hes an AM who can only play as a striker without the finishing rate required to be a striker.

So is that gonna be his 1 good game in 5?

Love Bobby but we need a quality striker in that position.

I don't even know what his best position is.

By all accounts, he started off as a defender.

He isn't a midfielder.

He can't play as a wide attacking midfielder.

He isn't a #10 as he simply doesn't have the touch, vision and passing quality of someone like Coutinho (although this is probably the only position I can see him possibly being shoehorned into).

He's certainly not a #9 and just because Klopp thought so didn't make it right either. Because it's clearly failed.

I honestly don't know what his best position is. He's more like a utility player to me.

Baffling player.

OK Troops .

I'm a Bobby fan and I read this stuff on him every week ..... but here's some fachts .....

He has made the joint-most Premier League appearances with Nathaniel Clyne (51) since Klopp took charge in October 2015

Has merited his place by creating the most chances (97)

Had the most shots on target (57)

Scoring the most goals (19) of any Liverpool player in that time.

Firmino also leads the way in terms of tackles won by forwards in that time (76) and

This season,  leads the way in the Premier League for the number of sprints made (1,973).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10794644/roberto-firmino-v-michael-keane-will-be-the-key-battle-in-liverpool-v-burnley
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2017 09:54:01 pm by MIRO »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1129: Mar 08, 2017 08:53:26 pm
      OK Troops .

I'm a Bobby fan and I read this stuff on him every week ..... but here's some fachts .....

He has made the joint-most Premier League appearances with Nathaniel Clyne (51) since Klopp took charge in October 2015

Firmino also leads the way in terms of tackles won by forwards in that time (76) and

This season,  leads the way in the Premier League for the number of sprints made (1,973).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10794644/roberto-firmino-v-michael-keane-will-be-the-key-battle-in-liverpool-v-burnley

Come on, so now we are relying on facts to support our opinions? Is this really what has this forum has become?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1130: Mar 08, 2017 09:48:06 pm
      OK Troops .

Not sure why you've included me in those quotes Skip.

Been in record on here as a huge fan of his just that he was going through a bad spell.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1131: Mar 08, 2017 09:50:39 pm
      Not sure why you've included me in those quotes Skip.

Been in record on here as a huge fan of his just that he was going through a bad spell.

I do know that   ....  I just did some random quotes.

Go back and take another look . Fixed it for you.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #1132: Mar 08, 2017 10:54:56 pm

OK Troops .

Right, so the stats show that he has played more games than any other attacking player, and has also created more chances and scored more goals... is the clue there?

Also,  he's played as the sole Striker nearly always, so is it unusual for him to be highest goal scorer?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1133: Mar 08, 2017 11:06:51 pm
      Right, so the stats show that he has played more games than any other attacking player, and has also created more chances and scored more goals... is the clue there?

Also,  he's played as the sole Striker nearly always, so is it unusual for him to be highest goal scorer?

Not this season he can't even match Mane who was also away at the AFCON.

Nah sorry MIRO but 19 goals from your main striker in almost 2 seasons is not going to win you much let alone the PL title.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1134: Mar 08, 2017 11:45:47 pm

OK Troops .

Facht:

Sadio Mane is our top goalscorer and plays in a wider position and popped off to Africa for a bit too, with 12 goals.

Firmino who has played 26 league games this season hasn't even made double figures yet, with 9 goals.

I couldn't give a hoot how many pirouettes he's made in that time or how many times he's whitened his teeth, he's been inconsistent, to the point he actually goes missing for a run of games, and he hasn't scored enough. 
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2017 12:50:07 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1135: Mar 09, 2017 05:59:53 am
      Least he leads the stats in sprints though, can't take that away from the fella. That's one for the grandkids when he gets older, mind you good luck to him with getting past the "Granddad how come your teeth are so white?" questions.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1136: Mar 09, 2017 08:07:41 am

OK Troops .

Yeh all those stats and he still goes completely missing for 3 or 4 games at a time. Nobody cares about the most shots , only the most goals.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1137: Mar 09, 2017 12:19:19 pm
      Yeh all those stats and he still goes completely missing for 3 or 4 games at a time.
      Nobody cares about the most shots , only the most goals.

Read stats. 
      Most goals since Jürgen joined.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1138: Mar 10, 2017 04:41:42 am

Read stats. 
      Most goals since Jürgen joined.
      Yeh, i know
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1139: Mar 10, 2017 08:50:28 am
      What you mean he's scored more goals since Jürgen arrived than Danny Ings? That's incredible isn't it, wow.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1140: Mar 10, 2017 09:59:26 am
      Who needs a 20 goal a season striker when you have...

... a 20 goal in two season striker.

A new kinda par.

;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1141: Mar 10, 2017 11:51:07 am

A new kinda par.

;D

Ask FSG 

Ask Jürgen

Ask The Transfer Committee  or whatever goes on  these days    .............  because every other top 6 team have one .
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1142: Mar 10, 2017 11:57:59 am

A new kinda par.

;D

You forgot the sprints..it's all about the sprints.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1143: Mar 10, 2017 12:15:34 pm
      Ask FSG 

Ask Jürgen

Ask The Transfer Committee  or whatever goes on  these days    .............  because every other top 6 team have one .

We've got one.
      On the treatment table   :laugh:

It's been years since we had a sicknote of Sturridge's calibre.  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1144: Mar 10, 2017 12:51:06 pm

OK Troops .

Well when you put it like that! 😁
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1145: Mar 10, 2017 10:06:58 pm
      Inconsistent, doesn't score enough, goes on runs of games without a goal.

Suarez wasn't quite as inconsistent form wise as Firmino. Even when he wasn't scoring or assisting he was generally playing well but in his first 52 games for us he managed just 21 goals with just 14 of them in the league and I remember a number of occasions he would go 5,6+ games without a goal, as well as missing penalties and people saying he doesn't score enough goals, we need a goal scorer etc.
      Wasn't until his 3rd season with us that he really upped his game, smashing the goals, getting the assists and being a really consistent player.

My point is, I wouldn't be surprised if the same kind of thing happens with Firmino because it's clear he has bags of talent. We know his form hasn't been as good as it should have been, Klopp will know and even Bobby will know. But at the same time, he has spent a fair chunk of this season stuck out on the left which is a position he isn't all that comfortable playing, in order to accommodate Origi playing.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Suarez, I think we will be incredibly lucky to have a player of that level again anytime soon but Firmino isn't a player I would write off, there's something about him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017 10:19:17 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1146: Mar 10, 2017 11:54:32 pm

Suarez wasn't quite as inconsistent form wise as Firmino. Even when he wasn't scoring or assisting he was generally playing well but in his first 52 games for us he managed just 21 goals with just 14 of them in the league and I remember a number of occasions he would go 5,6+ games without a goal, as well as missing penalties and people saying he doesn't score enough goals, we need a goal scorer etc.
      Wasn't until his 3rd season with us that he really upped his game, smashing the goals, getting the assists and being a really consistent player.

My point is, I wouldn't be surprised if the same kind of thing happens with Firmino because it's clear he has bags of talent. We know his form hasn't been as good as it should have been, Klopp will know and even Bobby will know. But at the same time, he has spent a fair chunk of this season stuck out on the left which is a position he isn't all that comfortable playing, in order to accommodate Origi playing.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Suarez, I think we will be incredibly lucky to have a player of that level again anytime soon but Firmino isn't a player I would write off, there's something about him.

I think he's a bit special as well.

And he's not in his prime yet.
      A cracking buy, as was his mate Coutinho.
      The interplay between Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane is a pure joy to watch, and imo Firmino is the catalyst.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #1147: Mar 10, 2017 11:56:46 pm

Whole team is inconsistent so he's hardly the outlier on that.

Suarez wasn't quite as inconsistent form wise as Firmino.

Suarez is one of the best players in the world.  And Firmino is no Suarez, but then 99% of the people who have played (and will in the future play) for the club weren't as good either.

It's a waste of time comparing them because Liverpool won't be paying £80M and £300k wages for anyone until we're a lot older and the TV companies get much stupider.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1148: Mar 10, 2017 11:56:53 pm
      I think he's a bit special as well.

And he's not in his prime yet.
      A cracking buy, as was his mate Coutinho.
      The interplay between Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane is a pure joy to watch, and imo Firmino is the catalyst.

Yep.

Quality player who has went through a very poor spell of form.

Hopefully he's out of that now.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1149: Mar 11, 2017 02:34:29 am
      It's not often you'll see Luis and Firmino mentioned in the same sentence. Bobby is no doubt very flattered.

Quick Reply