Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370384 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Mar 11, 2017 04:54:45 am
      Reports this morning saying he hasn't trained all week since picking up a knock against Arsenal and may not play tomorrow.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1151: Mar 11, 2017 09:17:57 am
      I really like the kid and I genuinely believe that we'd get the best out of him buzzing around a dedicated centre forward, rather than being the 'focal point' of the press.

In my opinion he's just in a bit of a dip (form wise): compounded by the 'false' role he's playing.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1152: Mar 11, 2017 07:37:25 pm
      AIUnderPressureā€
      @AIUnderPressure

Bobby Firmino against all CF in Europe that played>15games:
      Passes 1st
      Chances 1st
      Assists 10th
      Goals 57th
      tackles 1st
      Sprints 1st
      Dist 1st

That is phenomenal, truly exceptional to be top of so many important categories.

Well in Bobby, will be sorely missed against Burnley, let's hope Divock can get a few in his absence.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1153: Mar 11, 2017 07:59:06 pm
      AIUnderPressureā€
      @AIUnderPressure

Passes 1st
      Chances 1st
      Assists 10th
      Goals 57th
      tackles 1st
      Sprints 1st
      Dist 1st

That is phenomenal, truly exceptional to be top of so many important categories.

Well in Bobby, will be sorely missed against Burnley, let's hope Divock can get a few in his absence.

Shame he can't swap one of his firsts ("sprints" would be one that I for one wouldn't be that fussed about) for his 57th in goals scored. I betcha Emile Heskey would have looked the bomb in those figures too, he couldn't hit a cows @rse with a banjo either. Robbie Fowler on the other hand would have been sh!te, he wasn't one for the old headless chicken routine at all wasn't Robbie. He'd just hang around for a bit then either head it or belt it with his left peg into the onion bag. Depends what you want really I guess.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1154: Mar 11, 2017 08:20:47 pm
      Shame he can't swap one of his firsts ("sprints" would be one that I for one wouldn't be that fussed about) for his 57th in goals scored. I betcha Emile Heskey would have looked the bomb in those figures too, he couldn't hit a cows @rse with a banjo either.

:lmao:

Not surprising you'd hone in that stat, considering your opinion of the fella.

57th out of the whole of Europe isn't exactly a low figure, there's over 500  teams out there. Also consider that he's started plenty of games on the left for us too and then it's obvious that suggesting he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo is massively unfair.

Truly astonishing statistics and deserves a lot of credit.

One of the best players in the entire league.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1155: Mar 11, 2017 08:34:08 pm
      :lmao:

Not surprising you'd hone in that stat, considering your opinion of the fella.

57th out of the whole of Europe isn't exactly a low figure, there's over 500  teams out there. Also consider that he's started plenty of games on the left for us too and then it's obvious that suggesting he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo is massively unfair.

Truly astonishing statistics and deserves a lot of credit.

One of the best players in the entire league.

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? I like Bobby!  ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1156: Mar 11, 2017 11:50:46 pm
      AIUnderPressureā€
      @AIUnderPressure

Passes 1st
      Chances 1st
      Assists 10th
      Goals 57th
      tackles 1st
      Sprints 1st
      Dist 1st

For a player playing striker - goals 57th will be the first measure.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1157: Mar 12, 2017 01:00:36 am
      How many of those games has he been playing as a striker though? Would be interested to see that stat.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1158: Mar 12, 2017 01:48:24 am
      How many of those games has he been playing as a striker though? Would be interested to see that stat.

This season whoscored.com had him down as:

CF = 17 appearances = 6 goals.

FWL = 8 appearances = 3 goals.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/96182/Show/Roberto-Firmino

His scoring ratio at FWL, isn't any worse than it is a CF.

He's played a fair chunk of a games (just over two-thirds), where people have said his best position is CF, but 6 goals in 17 games is a poor return.

No wonder he's Europe's 57th.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017 03:26:45 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1159: Mar 12, 2017 04:18:26 am
      Could be worse, he could be 58th!

Just for context, who is 55th, 56th , 57rh and 58th?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1160: Mar 12, 2017 09:12:02 am
      I really like the kid but those stats, no matter how well intentioned, don't do Bobby much favours.

He's not a centre forward: he's a midfielder, playing this weird 'false 9' role... neither fish nor fowl.

As such it's unfair to judge him against out n out, dedicated strikers... he's joint 6th in the midfield/PL goal scoring league btw.

The things he's 1st in really are the domain of a hard working midfielder (which is what he is, in this role: not a striker): I honestly wouldn't be using them to prove how good a striker he is. 😕
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017 09:25:36 am by bad boy bubby »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1161: Mar 12, 2017 09:39:09 am
      I really like the kid but those stats, no matter how well intentioned, don't do Bobby much favours.

He's not a centre forward: he's a midfielder, playing this weird 'false 9' role... neither fish nor fowl.

As such it's unfair to judge him against out n out, dedicated strikers... he's joint 6th in the midfield/PL goal scoring league btw.

The things he's 1st in really are the domain of a hard working midfielder (which is what he is, in this role: not a striker): I honestly wouldn't be using them to prove how good a striker he is. 😕

When you say midfielder do you mean AM or deeper like a CM?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what his best/natural position is.

I know one thing though, he ain't no #9.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1162: Mar 12, 2017 10:24:59 am
      When you say midfielder do you mean AM or deeper like a CM?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what his best/natural position is.

I know one thing though, he ain't no #9.

I agree he's not an out and out striker (in the role he's been asked to play anyhow) but the truth is; no one is.

In my opinion (and only that) right now, Bobby could probably score more and be of more benefit if he actually played only as a striker and if he didn't have to run miles, tackle, win the ball, cross it and head it in. 😆

As for best position, hmmm... something like buzzing round and feeding off a dedicated striker. I'd see him and Sadio playing alongside that Aubameyang lad (for example) and scoring for fun.

It's probably a failing on my behalf but I believe that this three, 'all doing the same thing', often leads to indecision, with no one taking the lead and I do not like it.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017 10:37:28 am by bad boy bubby »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1163: Mar 20, 2017 12:17:56 am
      The guy is absolutely crucial to the pressing system. He is superb at it, and I think he often provides the catalyst to much of our relentless pressure.

If he can score the goals though, he would be top class. Origi was worryingly way way off it today - looked like he didn't know the players he was playing with - so it's a big ask to think he is our goalscorer, even if he does have a potentially lethal shot on him. Is there a way around this deficit - it's a blow to our system if we lose Firmino as Origi is showing he's struggling with the demands of pressing (I don't know whether this is because he feels it is too much of a chore or that he is way off the frequency levels).

Everything is brilliant about the chances we make, it's just about putting away those chances. At the moment, we don't quite have a player to call upon to do that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1164: Mar 20, 2017 01:35:44 am
      Could it be that he just doesn't have a perfect fit role in this team? He's not the best forward and he's not the best midfielder either. Jack of all trades, master of none.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1165: Mar 20, 2017 07:53:25 am
      Anyone see Firmino after he'd set up Lallana? He was celebrating already, couldn't believe it when he turned his head and it wasn't in the net
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1166: Mar 22, 2017 11:27:20 pm
      Tite has confirmed that Firmino will replace Jesus in the national team for the game vs Uruguay.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1167: Apr 02, 2017 12:22:44 am
      He had a quiet game today but he'll have a busy night tonight judging by his social media.   :drinking: :f_bluelight:

https://streamable.com/bo9ow
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1168: Apr 02, 2017 02:18:55 pm
      I'm 25 now and bloody worry about these players.

Put your phone down ya tit!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1169: Apr 02, 2017 02:24:09 pm
      He had a quiet game today but he'll have a busy night tonight judging by his social media.   :drinking: :f_bluelight:

https://streamable.com/bo9ow

Wasn't it phil''s missus birthday yesterday?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1170: Apr 05, 2017 10:12:50 pm
      So utterly lackadaisical that I think he just loves giving the ball away for fun. He plays like a 5 a side player. Is he really what we need?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1171: Apr 05, 2017 10:14:32 pm
      So utterly lackadaisical that I think he just loves giving the ball away for fun. He plays like a 5 a side player. Is he really what we need?

He has been poor last few months. The odd good game is not good enough, he needs to be dropped, especially vs the lesser teams.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1172: Apr 05, 2017 10:16:34 pm
      He has been poor last few months. The odd good game is not good enough, he needs to be dropped, especially vs the lesser teams.

Remain to be totally convinced that he is a top 4 player. Piss poor and needs to work A LOT harder.

Quick Reply