Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375612 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1196: Apr 09, 2017 09:19:37 pm
      That goal warranted the celebration.

The ref should have applauded it and moved on ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1197: Apr 11, 2017 10:05:15 am
      I've seen it all now, Suarez 9.5 then Bobby must be 9.75.  :lmao:

That hyperbole comes after a peach of a shot; no claims that ludicrous came prior to that in here for months.

Says it all.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1198: Apr 11, 2017 10:14:20 am

That hyperbole comes after a peach of a shot; no claims that ludicrous came prior to that in here for months.

Says it all.

I may be wrong mate but I think you have the wrong end of the stick on what Crouchie was saying.

Brendan meant 9.5 as in a not quite a number 9 striker and not quite a '10'.

Bobby being a 9.75 is not that he's better but that bit closer to a number 10 than Luis.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1199: Apr 11, 2017 10:31:54 am
      I may be wrong mate but I think you have the wrong end of the stick on what Crouchie was saying.

Bobby being a 9.75 is not that he's better but that bit closer to a number 10 than Luis.

Exactly mate. SRS is right.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1200: Apr 11, 2017 10:44:40 am

If so my bad.

But (I couldn't find the quote), I'd imagined he Rodgers was ranking the pair out of 10, as I couldn't imagine Sturridge being anywhere a number 10. He's a pure number 9. So, I think (could be wrong) that he was ranking them as almost being the perfect 10's upfront.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1201: Apr 11, 2017 10:45:32 am
      If so my bad.

But (I couldn't find the quote), I'd imagined he Rodgers was ranking the pair out of 10, as I couldn't imagine Sturridge being anywhere a number 10. He's a pure number 9. So, I think (could be wrong) that he was ranking them as almost being the perfect 10's upfront.

I'm 99% certain he wasn't mate.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1202: Apr 11, 2017 10:52:46 am
      I'm 99% certain he wasn't mate.

Fair enough.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1203: Apr 11, 2017 11:18:11 am

Says it all.

He meant positionally.
      Surely you realise that.
      As in between the roles of 9 & 10 on the pitch.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1204: Apr 16, 2017 05:24:22 pm
      Absolutely won us the game today got us the all important goal and was like a bad rash fukn everywhere.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1205: Apr 16, 2017 05:38:11 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_  7m7 minutes ago
      Beyond Firmino's goal and vital touch at the other end, he was top in ball recoveries, take-ons, chances created & won 64% of his duels
      #LFC

:action-smiley-055:

:aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :f_run:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1206: Apr 16, 2017 05:46:41 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_  7m7 minutes ago
      Beyond Firmino's goal and vital touch at the other end, he was top in ball recoveries, take-ons, chances created & won 64% of his duels
      #LFC

:action-smiley-055:

:aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :f_run:

Bobby's definitely shaking of his big game player tag. Great to see him working his ass off and getting something for his efforts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1207: Apr 16, 2017 06:09:15 pm
      Was absolutely sh*t hot today.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1208: Apr 16, 2017 06:10:42 pm
      Passed his goal tally from last season now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1209: Apr 16, 2017 06:12:19 pm
      Done pretty good for a player that takes more than his fair share of abuse when he doesn't score.

Guess that says something about him that he's expected to always score.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1210: Apr 16, 2017 06:22:10 pm
      Done pretty good for a player that takes more than his fair share of abuse when he doesn't score.

Guess that says something about him that he's expected to always score.

21 goals and 13 assists I think it is for him now. Not bad really, his numbers have been better this season now so hopefully he will continue to improve them numbers next season too.

He went through a bad patch of form but he has been shifted about from one position to the other across the attack in order to accommodate Origi whilst Coutinho or Mane has been injured. Some of the slatings he was getting was over the top for sure but I think a lot of that stemmed from people being frustrated more than anything because he is more than capable of being the best player on the pitch. His bad patch though he was central, out on the right, on the left and was getting no consistency.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1211: Apr 16, 2017 06:22:39 pm
      Passed his goal tally from last season now

Yep at the end of last season I said he could easily be a 15/15 player (goals/assists) and to be fair to him he should have at least that many assists in my opinion. Top chance creator in open play in the entire league, chances such as Milly's should be notching his tally up all day long.

He'll absolute destroy these assist numbers next season (injury free of course) and I think he'll also score more, whether he's played central or just in behind a striker. A top candidate for player of the year award next season in my opinion. A bit like when Suarez hit all those posts and then just went on to get pipped for top goalscorer Bobby has been the same in terms of assists, not even close to a true reflection of the chances he's created.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1212: Apr 16, 2017 06:27:36 pm
      Firmino was outstanding today. I can get on his back a little bit but he was everywhere today but crucially was also impacting the game where it can hurt the opposition. His set up play for Milner, and even Origi (even though Bobby was offside) was sublime. MOTM by a mile
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1213: Apr 16, 2017 06:28:27 pm
      Yep at the end of last season I said he could easily be a 15/15 player (goals/assists) and to be fair to him he should have at least that many assists in my opinion. Top chance creator in open play in the entire league, chances such as Milly's should be notching his tally up all day long.

He'll absolute destroy these assist numbers next season (injury free of course) and I think he'll also score more, whether he's played central or just in behind a striker. A top candidate for player of the year award next season in my opinion. A bit like when Suarez hit all those posts and then just went on to get pipped for top goalscorer Bobby has been the same in terms of assists, not even close to a true reflection of the chances he's created.

Still believe he's our best player.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1214: Apr 16, 2017 08:46:57 pm
      Becoming one of the best players in the Prem. He was simply outstanding today, everything good came from him.

He does seem to phase out slightly towards the end of a game, but his contribution over the past 6/7 games has been outstanding.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1215: Apr 17, 2017 01:10:19 am
      Very good game that from Bobby. Did fade towards the end and almost hospitalised Clyne in the process, but apart from that didn't see any other loose balls to the opposition today.

Needs to play like that way more often and you could see it was the goal that boasted his confidence. He's been far too inconsistent for me, and has hidden in too many games like this, this year. Good to finally see a top performance from him in that respect - it's been long overdue.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1216: Apr 17, 2017 06:30:27 am
      Was about to take off his shirt when he scored, then he remembered. Thank f**k, don't need him missing any matches because he has too many yellows from celebrating too much.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1217: Apr 17, 2017 06:54:25 am
      Was about to take off his shirt when he scored, then he remembered. Thank f**k, don't need him missing any matches because he has too many yellows from celebrating too much.

We can't afford to have him suspended since our injuries are what they are.

Keep it up Bobby. As they say, goals give you confidence! He is playing without fear.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1218: Apr 17, 2017 10:36:05 am

Becoming one of the best players in the Prem.

He was simply outstanding today, everything good came from him.

Outstanding games he is having.
      A firm favourite for me.

Stats.

Bobby has now passed his Premier League goal tally from last season (10 in 2015-16, 11 in 2016-17).

Since the start of last season, Firmino has been directly involved in 34 Premier League goals (21 goals, 13 assists), more than any other Liverpool player.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017 10:40:29 am by MIRO »

Quick Reply