Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 373133 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Feb 11, 2018 07:03:40 am
      Very pleased with this statement from Bobby, in today's Echo:

“I believe that the victory over Manchester City has been proof that our team will fight for good things and I hope that we can end the season celebrating a title with the fans.

“Liverpool are one of the greats in Europe and being able to be part of the history of such a great club is gratifying to me.

“I work hard every day to give my best and I believe that the fans, the coaching staff and the board recognise my delivery by wearing that shirt.

“I’m very happy here at Liverpool and I do not see myself out of that club for years to come.

“I feel very good here in Liverpool. I am very adapted to the city, the club, and the warmth I receive from the fans makes me even happier with the work we are producing.

“I have already participated in some marketing actions of the club and it has always been very nice to feel this affection of the young fans with me. “And all this support makes me even more willing to conquer great things wearing the shirt of Liverpool.

“I am very happy here at Liverpool and my thinking is to build a history with many victories and titles by that club. I have a contract with Liverpool until 2020 and I hope to keep it.

“I believe that I am living one of the best phases of my career and I owe much to the trust that the club has placed in me from the beginning.

“The arrival of Jürgen Klopp was very important for my growth within the team.

“Since he arrived here at Liverpool, he has changed my positioning, put me playing as a forward and that was the watershed for me here at the club. “As I played in another role at Hoffeinheim, behind the attackers, I needed some time to adjust.

“But the more I play, the more I train, the more I feel comfortable acting as an attacker and things are happening in a positive way for me and the team.”

Refreshingly loyal and grateful.

Meh, it's all nice and dandy until Barcelona or RM come in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1611: Feb 11, 2018 08:15:34 am
      Meh, it's all nice and dandy until Barcelona or RM come in.

A player who is now indespensble to the club only having two years of his contract left in this day and age is sheer FSG.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1612: Feb 11, 2018 09:32:55 am
      Spurs did a great job limiting Bobby's influence last Sunday. Hopefully he can get a bit more space to wirk his magic today.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 761 
      Reply #1613: Feb 11, 2018 10:49:45 am
      Hope that Bobby can score a goal or two today.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1614: Feb 11, 2018 11:52:18 am
      Grande Firmino, his engine is wonderful :)

Keep it up.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #1615: Feb 11, 2018 12:53:43 pm
      A player who is now indespensble to the club only having two years of his contract left in this day and age is sheer FSG.

and? De Gea's who is indispensable to Man Utd and his contract runs out next year. Eden Hazard and Courtois the same with Chelsea, so must be sheer Glazers and Roman Abramovic for letting their key players' contracts run down.

Firmino would probably sign a new contract in the summer or next year if he still wants to stay at the club but the fact is all this talk about players wanting to stay at LFC is just media talk .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1616: Feb 11, 2018 01:01:28 pm
      and? De Gea's who is indispensable to Man Utd and his contract runs out next year. Eden Hazard and Courtois the same with Chelsea, so must be sheer Glazers and Roman Abramovic for letting their key players' contracts run down.

Firmino would probably sign a new contract in the summer or next year if he still wants to stay at the club but the fact is all this talk about players wanting to stay at LFC is just media talk .

Look at their squads and aspirations then look at ours Mr FSG.

Two clubs, there, with owners who,  whether you like them or not,  aggressively go out to try build squads that win trophies.

Dress it up however you like but we should really be getting players like Bobby signed up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1617: Feb 11, 2018 01:17:46 pm

Two clubs, there, with owners who,  whether you like them or not,  aggressively go out to try build squads that win trophies.

Dress it up however you like but we should really be getting players like Bobby signed up.

He has two full season plus the rest of this one remaining on his deal. They are working on a new deal now. I don't think that is really a dereliction of duty.

Half of his forum complains when a player is given a new deal early in his previous one, and the other half complain when he hasn't been given a new deal more than two full years before his old one expires.

I don't think there is any question that Klopp knows his value, and that his m.o. is to keep the players who are truly contributing to the team/squad he is building, as well as targeting the incomings who he wants to add.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #1618: Feb 11, 2018 01:52:00 pm

and who said he won't be offered one? Didn't we do that with Coutinho last season before we sold him this Jan? Didn't we also offer even more money this Jan to Coutinho in order to keep him but he wanted to go to Barca?

Chelsea are languishing in 5th at the moment and we might go four points clear of them if we beat Southampton today. Our aspirations look good at the moment as we are only 5 points away from 2nd and looking for the top 4 race. Plus with new Anfield extension and a new training complex that will finish next year not only we will have what it takes to challenge for top teams in England but also in Europe. All I've seen is that if anything bad happens let's blame it on FSG. Cape Town water shortage, well it's FSG's fault. It's getting boring and tedious.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1619: Feb 11, 2018 06:34:14 pm
      20 goals and 11 assists already.
      All talks on Salah at the moment but Bobby is having a great season so far.  :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1620: Feb 11, 2018 07:04:52 pm
      I am in genuine awe of this guy whenever I watch us play. The shift that he puts in game after game while still managing to be in threatening positions and contributing directly to goals whether that's by scoring or assisting is incredible. He's hands down the most underrated player in the league.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1621: Feb 11, 2018 07:58:11 pm
      The duracel bunny just keeps on going. Another nice goal and assist today.
      Thought he might get rested, but no sign Jürgen plans to do that.
      Really doing the business for us this season, and developing a nice partnership with Mo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1622: Feb 11, 2018 08:16:42 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1623: Feb 11, 2018 08:20:45 pm

It's amazing the amount of people still calling for a 'proper striker' up front. Because scoring goals has been our biggest problem in recent seasons.

Morons.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1624: Feb 11, 2018 08:23:50 pm
      Brilliant Bobby. F***ing love him.

Cracking goal and unbelievable back heel for the assist of Salah's goal. F***ing WOW!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1625: Feb 11, 2018 11:01:48 pm
      It's amazing the amount of people still calling for a 'proper striker' up front. Because scoring goals has been our biggest problem in recent seasons.

Morons.

Big words really but no doubt we are better off with Firmimo hitting 20 goals this season than his previous efforts.

I always thought we needed a 20 goal a season forward. Now we have one. If he ever gets injured this season though, we are in trouble.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1626: Feb 11, 2018 11:25:54 pm

First season was a decent bedding in season. Last season he was quite good IMO, Mane and Coutinho were popping up with a lot of goals as well though, and Lallana at least in the initial stages. His role this year has been much more central to the entire plot, and it's showing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's Suarez-esque at times, and I absolutely love him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1627: Feb 12, 2018 02:16:30 am
      Such a great player.
      Does so much hard work, creates so
      many opportunities for himself and others and utterly backs himself to score and does, consistently. 
      We are very lucky to have him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #1628: Feb 12, 2018 02:53:13 am
      First season was a decent bedding in season. Last season he was quite good IMO, Mane and Coutinho were popping up with a lot of goals as well though, and Lallana at least in the initial stages. His role this year has been much more central to the entire plot, and it's showing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's Suarez-esque at times, and I absolutely love him.

I love Salah, but Bobby is my favorite player on the team. I just love his attitude and his game.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1629: Feb 12, 2018 06:59:32 am
      I love Salah, but Bobby is my favorite player on the team. I just love his attitude and his game.

Very much agreed. Salah is spectacular but Bobby is truly the straw that stirs the drink it seems. If he's on, then the whole lot are gonna have a nice time of it.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1630: Feb 12, 2018 07:26:09 am

Yea few of us and yourself included got called and branded all sorts here when we made the case for him and not Benteke. Worlds apart now them 2 and this season has really enforced that. Benteke really is limited and some of the chances his missing week in and week out for Palace are almost comical.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1631: Feb 12, 2018 07:33:52 am
      I'm a fan of him. What I love about him is that (a weakness) when he loses the ball (sometimes to many) trying to develop an attack, he will do his utmost to get the ball back. He defends a lot as well. Keep it up Bobby :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1632: Feb 12, 2018 10:36:58 am
      I'm a fan of him. What I love about him is that (a weakness) when he loses the ball (sometimes to many) trying to develop an attack, he will do his utmost to get the ball back. He defends a lot as well. Keep it up Bobby :)

I mentioned similar in the game thread he can be frustrating as you wouldn't expect a player if his calibrate to lose the ball as often as he does but then comes up with some crazy skill like the assist for Salah and that's not even close to what he offers in winning the ball back.

Has become our most important player imo.

Quick Reply