Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [League Cup] Thu 1st Oct @ 7:45 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W15 D5 L9

Roberto Firmino Player Thread

Read 198129 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian St John

• 434 posts | 59 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2225: Jan 24, 2020 09:45:55 am
      cant believe Bob didnt get a special mention here after another late clincher....what a f**king guy !
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2226: Jan 24, 2020 10:09:50 am
      cant believe Bob didnt get a special mention here after another late clincher....what a f**king guy !

Just awesome
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,641 posts | 2497 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2227: Jan 24, 2020 02:33:45 pm
      He should have scored earlier but he never lost faith and buried the next one. Brilliant touch and strike for his goal.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,555 posts | 807 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2228: Jan 24, 2020 03:27:29 pm
      After those scruffy bas**rds stole his song word for word & used it for Jiminez, singing it in that horrific Black Country accent, it was poetic justice that Bobby scored a late winner & our end belted the original out
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,263 posts | 1587 
      Reply #2229: Jan 24, 2020 05:30:19 pm
      After those scruffy bas**rds stole his song word for word & used it for Jiminez, singing it in that horrific Black Country accent, it was poetic justice that Bobby scored a late winner & our end belted the original out

Other clubs nicking Kop songs all the time dude, I noticed the Villa fans belting out their own version of Olay Olay Olay all this season. Saying we did rip off Fields of Athrenry from the Irish all them years ago! It's still my favourite song and always will be I reckon.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 361 posts | 271 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2230: Jan 24, 2020 09:50:35 pm

I noticed that too...black country scumbags  :mad:

Only fitting that our Bobby finished them off, what an important player he is for us, love the bones of that man
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,209 posts | 1202 
      Reply #2231: Jan 24, 2020 11:03:27 pm
      When do we start including him in the top 5-6 players in the world conversation? Massively understated outside of Liverpool.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,143 posts | 119 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2232: Jan 25, 2020 06:52:47 am
      When do we start including him in the top 5-6 players in the world conversation? Massively understated outside of Liverpool.

Though a lot of people do sing his praises and understand what he offers to a side but never truely get the recognition as a world class striker because he doesn't have goal tally. It is unfair but that is the way I look it, he would be in a lot more of those discussion if he was banging in 20 goals a season in the Premiership.

I felt the first two months he looked very sharp and found since december to now he looks the same way. His first touch no matter if he has lots of room or has two guys on him is great, nothing loose just sticks right to his foot and 8/10 times picks out the right pass. What also impresses me about Firmino is durability, the guy rarely gets hurt as well.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,555 posts | 807 
      Reply #2233: Jan 25, 2020 11:46:30 am
      Other clubs nicking Kop songs all the time dude, I noticed the Villa fans belting out their own version of Olay Olay Olay all this season. Saying we did rip off Fields of Athrenry from the Irish all them years ago! It's still my favourite song and always will be I reckon.

I think every club has their own Allez Allez Allez now, it's embarrassing! All these other teams try and take the piss out of us but then nick our songs. Haven't heard City's version for a while though... Wonder why that is  ;)

And I don't think we would have ripped FOAR off the Irish per say, we've always had a massive Irish link & following due to the geographical location of the city, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was started off by our Irish supporters. Fantastic song though, the full version that John Power plays from time to time is brilliant. One of my favourites too, probably just behind Poor Scouser Tommy & Liverbird Upon My Chest

I noticed that too...black country scumbags  :mad:

Only fitting that our Bobby finished them off, what an important player he is for us, love the bones of that man

He's great isn't he - Can't believe he's not bagged at Anfield yet this season - can't wait until he does though, sure his song will be belted out louder than ever!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,172 posts | 4631 
      Reply #2234: Jan 25, 2020 01:19:46 pm

Actually re-wrote for Celtic in 97, to wind them up in the European game we had against them at the time. One of the writers of said version lives round the corner from me!

And it was originally "we had Highway on the wing" rather than "with Stevie Highway on the wing" like what is sung.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,172 posts | 4631 
      Reply #2235: Jan 25, 2020 01:24:28 pm
      I think every club has their own Allez Allez Allez now, it's embarrassing! All these other teams try and take the piss out of us but then nick our songs. Haven't heard City's version for a while though... Wonder why that is  ;)

And I don't think we would have ripped FOAR off the Irish per say, we've always had a massive Irish link & following due to the geographical location of the city, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was started off by our Irish supporters. Fantastic song though, the full version that John Power plays from time to time is brilliant. One of my favourites too, probably just behind Poor Scouser Tommy & Liverbird Upon My Chest

He's great isn't he - Can't believe he's not bagged at Anfield yet this season - can't wait until he does though, sure his song will be belted out louder than ever!

As I put above nothing to do with the Irish. It's from a fella in Huyton. He even got a credit on the back of the CD release of the Hillsborough charity song.

The fella is a bit of a nationalist and it was wrote as a swipe at Celtic singing YNWA!

Strange, but totally true.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,555 posts | 807 
      Reply #2236: Jan 26, 2020 09:47:28 am
      As I put above nothing to do with the Irish. It's from a fella in Huyton. He even got a credit on the back of the CD release of the Hillsborough charity song.

The fella is a bit of a nationalist and it was wrote as a swipe at Celtic singing YNWA!

Strange, but totally true.

Never knew that!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,108 posts | 349 
      Reply #2237: Feb 01, 2020 06:59:46 pm
      Engine
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,776 posts | 3801 
      Reply #2238: Feb 01, 2020 07:50:56 pm
      Hat trick of assists today?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,698 posts | 2301 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2239: Feb 01, 2020 07:55:32 pm

Would have been 4 if Danny ings had taken that chance in the 1st half
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,583 posts | 391 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2240: Feb 01, 2020 10:32:01 pm
      The way the ball sticks to his feet sometimes is mesmerizing, I think to myself surely he is going to lose it, but nope his still got it, when he's on his game he has arguably the best ball control in the prem.

Another poster on here explained it best, even if he isn't scoring goal after goal he is the nucleus of our front three!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,797 posts | 4203 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2241: Feb 02, 2020 12:47:09 am
      Wow what a Performance!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,641 posts | 2497 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2242: Feb 02, 2020 09:17:26 am
      Most unselfish attacker in the world and with style.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,201 posts | 1654 
      Reply #2243: Feb 03, 2020 01:10:15 am

Literally had the Saints' defenders on their hands and knees.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,254 posts | 1772 
      Reply #2244: Feb 03, 2020 08:24:04 pm
      I’m running out of words to describe him - one of the best players in the world.

10/10 on Saturday
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 361 posts | 271 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2245: Feb 03, 2020 09:37:03 pm
      Just an awesome player, does so much work off the ball and makes it easy for his team mates, he's a joy to behold and best of all he plays for us
        :kop5cf8koxp6: sensational
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 693 posts | 250 
      Reply #2246: Feb 04, 2020 10:49:21 am

Bow down before the one you serve...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4330 
      Reply #2247: Feb 04, 2020 01:15:42 pm
      Bow down before the one you serve...

I loved that after he set up Jordan he is the master no doubt about it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,797 posts | 4203 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2248: Feb 06, 2020 12:44:53 am
      Listening to Ox, Alisson and Jürgen .....they all love him and he's what makes us tick.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Reply #2249: Feb 27, 2020 06:14:16 pm

Quick Reply